• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

STRESSED AND WORRIED!

Kizzy70

Hi guys
I've been advised my gastric band surgery is approx a 2 year wait in the NHS. There is now so much talk about the funding for weight loss surgery being cut I am really worried. What if I wait 2 years then the funding it cut, I really feel the next couple of years of my life are going to be lived in limbo waiting for this op. So many of you have said how you feel you got your life back after surgery, and I can really understand this.

I would consider going privately (if affordable) which I doubt very much!

Just wondering if anyone could advise if they have gone privately (and live near kent) and could recommend a surgeon.

Sorry to go on, thanks very much guys, I find your support invaluable.
Thanks X

Once funding has been applied for and granted, I don't beleive they can take it away. That's what my surgeon said anyway.
I know 2 yrs sound like forever but for me it's been 14 months so far and it really has sped by up until this last month where I am just waiting for my date. Besides which, I've been fat for over 20 yrs so if it ends up being 2 yrs for my op that's still not so long.

Back