• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

update found out

Kerry Jo

Thank you to everyone who helped me out yesterday by answering my thread :)
After a load of emails yesterday and ringing round i found out the funding criteria has changed to a BMI of 60 and above, so I'm afraid I wont be getting my op on the NHS :sigh:
So to anyone who is unsure like i was the PCT can change there funding at anytime during the year.
To top it off i rang to see my doctor today to see what he advises i do and he's gone away for 2 weeks :sigh: So i feel like I'm a bit in limbo. I have still got 4 wks left on WM but i wont need to do this now.
I'm really gutted, i knew if anything like this was going to happen it would to me:sigh:

Thanks for all your help and support guys xxx

I'm under Warrington hun so its not everyone (thank fully) But usually they follow suit. I've been told its to do with the demand for surgery going up. xxx

these treads always give me a big wave of panic...... im so sorry to hear this sweetpea xx

I know I'm gutted, I tried to stay really positive to. One of my friends have recently been granted surgery so i think she'll be ok (I'm hoping) I did worry as we all know the government are cutting back, but was hoping I'd scrap by, by the skin of my teeth. xxx

god sooo poo! seems so unfair hey x

I just this second spoke to my PCT. She still hasn't got my application on her desk yet :rolleyes: but when I told her about Warrington PCT changing the criteria she said "Really? Yes well most PCTs will be doing that soon because we just cannot meet the demand for these procedures." When I asked when would Burnley change it's criteria she said it's impossible to say as the situation is assessed weekly :(

o nooooooooooo will they change it if you ve all ready got the funding?... i wonder if they'll do this to me... god imagine going back to the last stage and being told no x

That sucks and I'm desperately sorry for anyone that is now going to miss out. :mad: There's an enormous difference between BMI 50 and 60 ! I was 50.4 when I was referred - I can't imagine how much bigger I'd have had to be to qualify with a BMI of 60. How much more pain and misery I would have had to suffer... and how much more I would have been costing the NHS...

i agree rose, doesnt seem right x

Awwwww.... Kerry, I am devastated for you.

Surely, they can't turn you away if you have been accepted... that would be so cruel.....

I am really worried for you and others in your area now....

If there is anything I can do to help you in any way, I would do it.... please don't give up..... if you have been accepted, you have been accepted and go from that standpoint.

When did this BMI level change?

xxx

Gosh didn't realize it was done on a weekly basis :mad: Just doesn't seem fair. Warring ton are fairly quick once you've finished WM but what about all these people who wait years jumping through hoops to be told NO the criteria has changed :mad: there life would have been put on hold for so long. Its sole destroying it really is xxx

Awwwww.... Kerry, I am devastated for you.

Surely, they can't turn you away if you have been accepted... that would be so cruel.....

I am really worried for you and others in your area now....

If there is anything I can do to help you in any way, I would do it.... please don't give up..... if you have been accepted, you have been accepted and go from that standpoint.

When did this BMI level change?

xxx
Thanks Bev it changed last week. I hadn't been accepted as such, i had been told off the doctor i would have to do the WM course first as he said its the way it has to be done now, so I'm assuming it was a straight referral before :confused: xxx

Seems so stupid perhaps they want you to eat yourself to a bmi of 60........:eek::eek::eek:

i do know that people have resorted to that measure! very scary and shocking x

Back