• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

update found out

I am under Walsall PCT and i have had to do the WMC as well i have got my final appotiment 1st September and there as been no mention of surgery all threw my 6 month peroid i now think its because surgery is not an option now, i will be devasted as my bmi is 54 and like you say how much bigger have we got to get before we get surgery i wish i had done this years ago now just have to wait and see scary times tho x

Kerry, forgive me for asking what have you got to lose and what is your current BMI.
I am really upset here for you
xxx

My mum is here for a few days. She's the same size as me. I'm sat here in tears and told her what's happening. She just doesn't understand - her response is "Oh well".

I am under Walsall PCT and i have had to do the WMC as well i have got my final appotiment 1st September and there as been no mention of surgery all threw my 6 month peroid i now think its because surgery is not an option now, i will be devasted as my bmi is 54 and like you say how much bigger have we got to get before we get surgery i wish i had done this years ago now just have to wait and see scary times tho x

Good luck hun, i hope you get surgery. Go back to your doctors after the MWC he can referrer you from there. Thats what i would have had to have done xxx

it would do, and bring more risks, very very risky thing to do there but it proves some measures people will go to in a desperate situation,very sad x

o karen do not get me started on mum's grrrrrr that to would be mine x

Please don't get upset Karen.... so many of us are banking on this surgery... they can't just change the rules and let people sink... does anyone have a copy of the new rules and the changes?

Love to your Mum too Karen xxx

Kerry, forgive me for asking what have you got to lose and what is your current BMI.
I am really upset here for you
xxx
My BMI was 47 then i have come off all diets like they told me at WM and now its 51 and thats in 5 wks. I want to get down to about 11 stone and I'm 5ft 7 don't know what my BMI would be at this weight. Thanks Bev xxx

From what I can gather Beverlie (and lets face it, no one likes to actually gives us straight answers) it's a panel of unrelated people that decide on the funding criteria and who is/is not given funding - not the PCT or the NHS themselves.

Please peeps - correct me if I'm wrong.

My mum is here for a few days. She's the same size as me. I'm sat here in tears and told her what's happening. She just doesn't understand - her response is "Oh well".

Mums hey!! Karen try and stay positive hun because your alright up to know hun. Its hard trying to not think about it i know. But don't waste your time crying hun, you'll get your surgery :) Your nearly there, good luck hun xxx

From what I can gather Beverlie (and lets face it, no one likes to actually gives us straight answers) it's a panel of unrelated people that decide on the funding criteria and who is/is not given funding - not the PCT or the NHS themselves.

no your right sweetpea x :sigh:

Is that the best thing to do then Joanne go back to docs and ask them to reffer me even after i have done my 6 months course? x

I think you are right Karen, the panel just sit and read through the cases... mine was approved by Wales (Welsh Assembly) had to approve it, based on co-morbidities... but they don't let individuals present their own cases.

This panel have the overall say on who qualifies based on the criteria... I wonder how many of them have had personal experiences like ours and how many have had our struggles...

xxx

I totally agree hun xxx

Is that the best thing to do then Joanne go back to docs and ask them to refer me even after i have done my 6 months course? x

Thats what I'd do. A friend of mine did WM and she didn't even know it was the surgery route until 6mths later she went to the GP to ask to be referred for weight loss surgery, to be told you will need to do WM first, to which she burst out crying saying I've done that once, so know she has been referred straight to Macclesfield xxx

I'm so sorry to hear that yr having such a tough time. xx

im so worried now!! im on a Activity for Life programme and my GP applied for the funding :mad:
im going to see him tomorrow and get it clarifyed!!
not killing myself at the gym if it leads to nothing! my weight will just go bk on anyway!!! :cry:
they just mess you around. It will make ppl overeat to qualify!

im so worried now!! im on a Activity for Life programme and my GP applied for the funding :mad:
im going to see him tomorrow and get it clarifyed!!
not killing myself at the gym if it leads to nothing! my weight will just go bk on anyway!!! :cry:
they just mess you around. It will make ppl overeat to qualify!

Its only my PCT who have changed there criteria so try not to worry although i know its hard. Good luck at the doctors tomorrow. The last thing i wanted to do was cause anyone any added worry. xxx

Back