• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Stretch

Jacquera

Hopefully going for a stretch on tuesday, been having trouble for the last few weeks consuming anything beyond liquids. I've either brought it back up or it has gone down very slowly and made my stomach ache. Been feeling sick a lot too. So my consultant is going to have a look at my stomach and hopefully will find scar tissue. Really nervous he will say there is nothing wrong and no reason why I feel so ill and can't eat.

Jacki.

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Good luck, hope all goes well and you get some resolution.

Bev

Do hope you will feel better very soon, sending love and thought and keep us posted... take care xxx

phatmomma

Good luck, here's hoping they get you sorted very quickly xx

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
Good Luck x

jaxx

I was really worried that they'd find nothing wrong with my pouch but they did find a stricture and stretched it. Hopefully you'll get sorted out but my recommendation is go for sedation, it's a truly unpleasant proceedure!

keeley86

all the best hun xxx

Grace

Hi Jac, best wishes with it. I'm wondering if that's what I am going to need too. I can eat stuff but then anything from half an hour to 5 hours afterwards I get horrific pain for about 2 hours.
Let us know how it goes please.

Grace xxx

bubblyangie

Hiya Jacki,

I am sure you will do just great, is it via an endoscopy that they are doing the stretch?? Dont worry I have had x10 of those, what happens is the tube that is brought up and connected to your new pouch sometimes decides to heal closed, and they insert a tiny wire and then inflats a baloon to stretch it open but you should not know much about it if you have the sedation.... you will do just fine...Wishing you All the best, let us know how you go......

Angie

Jacquera

Yeah, definitely having sedation, already told them that. Had an endoscope down a few years ago because I was having stomach pains, turned out it was my gall bladder now removed. Anyway, they said to me then it was easier if you didn't go for sedation, but it was definitely not easier for me. It was horrifying. So yes, having sedation.

Jacki.

Good luck honey hope all goes well for you and they get you sorted soon x

bubblyangie

Oh and ask for the throat spray too, that helps stop the gagging reflex, im greedy I always had both..... All the best xx

Jacquera

Had my stretch, my consultant said the scar tissue had left a pin prick hole for food and liquid to go through. No wonder I was feeling so bad. Had sedation and barely realised what was happening. They made sure I could drink and eat before I went home, they gave me orange juice, yummy, and chicken soup. Haven't managed to eat for about five days, surviving on juice, oxo and water so the soup was lovely.

Got to go see my consultant in two weeks time.

Jacki.

hsmel

Glad all went well and hopefully you will feel better again now.

Jinjanut

Jacquera said:
Hopefully going for a stretch on tuesday, been having trouble for the last few weeks consuming anything beyond liquids. I've either brought it back up or it has gone down very slowly and made my stomach ache. Been feeling sick a lot too. So my consultant is going to have a look at my stomach and hopefully will find scar tissue. Really nervous he will say there is nothing wrong and no reason why I feel so ill and can't eat.

Jacki.

Hi there, I am in hospital too with the same thing, I can't keep anything down not even fluids. I am really worried they will say there is nothing wrong. This is horrible, I can't stay like this for the rest of my life. Really wish I had not had the surgery right now .:(

Jinjanut

Jacquera said:

Jacki.

Also are you feeling better now?

Xx

Jacquera

I'm feeling lots better now, well I would be if I hadn't had a tooth out the other day and am now in pain and having problems with my sinuses. Stupid dentist.

Jacki.