• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Stricture........

ThinnerJemima

Here all the time.....
Ok, I've now found out the reason that I can't eat or drink and am being sick sooooo often it's become a standing joke in the house, I've got a stricture.

Anyone else had one?

Any ideas on just how unpleasant it's going to be to get it stretched ?

:needhug:

awww sorry I cant answer ur question but it sounds awful when did u start to notice ur problems, hope u get sorted soon x

Been there, done that and got the (smaller!) t-shirt!

I was three weeks post op and got re admitted as unable to keep even water down - so I was quite poorly due to dehydration.

My first attempt to widen was under GA, but the risk of a tear was too great so they abandoned procedure.

Had lots and lots of tests and has to wait for a slot in radiography to get procedure done.

This was also unsuccessful but the next one did work!! I won't lie, it's not pleasant, but It is over and done with quite quick and the staff should, like my hospital, be sympathetic and understanding. They will offer you sedation but I didn't feel this worked for me.

You must be dreading it but the relief and difference it will make, makes it worth while. I'm hopeless at explaining stuff but sure plenty more folk on here will be able to so it better than me.
Are you still at home or in hospital?

Sending big hugs - pm me if more info needed. Just visualise the bigger - or should I say smaller picture of yourself and your weight loss achievement in say six months time. Xx

I'm the odd one in the process, had my surgery at size 8, and am now a size 6 despite my best intentions to not lose any more weight. Things weren't to be and have been having problems since week 3 and things have got much much worse in the past month.

I'm going to be sedated. My surgeon mentioned it might hurt a bit afterwards and that he might have to do it a few times!

Could you eat and drink straight afterwards. It would be nice to actually eat something for a change.

I'm dehydrated for sure, not enough to need a drip but it would take me virtually no effort to get to that stage pretty quickly.

I'm the odd one in the process, had my surgery at size 8, and am now a size 6 despite my best intentions to not lose any more weight. Things weren't to be and have been having problems since week 3 and things have got much much worse in the past month.

I'm going to be sedated. My surgeon mentioned it might hurt a bit afterwards and that he might have to do it a few times!

Could you eat and drink straight afterwards. It would be nice to actually eat something for a change.

I'm dehydrated for sure, not enough to need a drip but it would take me virtually no effort to get to that stage pretty quickly.

OMG J, so sorry to read this. You're really going through the mill <many hugs offered>

When are you having the procedure?

xxxx

Having it done next Wednesday. Am dreading it and looking forward to it at the same time.

Had one of those days where it's a standoff between my stomach and I. I want it to get at least some fluid in and it's standing there like a naughty toddler with its arms crossed and shaking its head. And of course the occasional foot stamping tantrum every so often.

Beam me up Scotty .......

Having it done next Wednesday. Am dreading it and looking forward to it at the same time.

Had one of those days where it's a standoff between my stomach and I. I want it to get at least some fluid in and it's standing there like a naughty toddler with its arms crossed and shaking its head. And of course the occasional foot stamping tantrum every so often.

Beam me up Scotty .......

How did it go? Been thinking about you and hope it has worked for you xx xx

All done. It wasn't too bad and I was almost completely sedated so I had no idea what was going on.

I can now drink and lots of the stuff which is a nice feeling, I had got so used to having no fluid hardly it was getting a bit weird.

But, I still can't eat as anything solid that goes into my tummy gets removed within a few minutes.

Progress has been made...... but more progress is needed.

This drinking thing in hot weather is new territory again. So much so I am now the opposite, from drinking almost nothing to now drinking too much and it hurting my teeny weeny pouch :7834: ouch!!!!!

Learning to sip again is boring!

Still can't eat :sigh: but hoping that will soon be resolved with some anti-spasmodic drugs.

Glad you're getting it sorted - poor you xx

Fingers crossed - at least you can keep yourself hydrated. Can you have protein shakes for now?

Yve, good plan I might give one of those a whirl tomorrow.

Finally got our roads re-opened after the 'blessed' cycle event in Surrey today :mad: so we are going to the cinema tonight. Having removed my stomach contents just about everywhere now, maybe the cinema is not the best place to try something new-ish :eek:

Hope it helps hun, have you got any in? If not, slimfast may do in a pinch. My mum was saying about the roads - have a nice evening out :D

I've got a Bariatric brand one that I lived on last winter on holiday adding to skimmed milk, not too gloopy and low sugar hopefully as I've definitely got dumping, which is much worse since the stretch. Just popped a fruit pastille in my gob, now have a fan on me full blast and am feeling rough. Ho hum. :(

Dumping is awful :( Could try freezing pineapple pieces - apparently they taste like sweets.

frozen grapes are yummy too!

Good thinking ladies :D grapes have been a 'no' for me since my band, too much chewing on the skin is a bit too weird for me.

Had some frozen apple & yoghurt at a country show yesterday and that was pretty good.

Going to investigate this menu :D something exciting :D

Well, hindsight is a really good thing..... Since I had my stretch, I had a few times where my tummy really hurt, and I thought I'd drunk to much too quickly, sadly not and it was probably the start of gastritis :sigh:, the next ailment in this saga.

Tuesday early evening I got stomach pains and I thought I'd drunk too much, it got much much worse within a few hours to it reached the 'take me to A&E now' pain and a mad dash up the A3 :eek:

So with other half in the waiting room with live tv to 03:30 (1 quite sad teenage overdose, 1 middle aged drunk lady overdosed, 2 sets of police with a close friend in handcuffs, people in for a snooze for the night, overbearing mummy with 20 something cherub in tow......)

I embarked on a hospital tour, they x-rayed, bled me, poked me, put I/V drugs into me, then said I had gastritis. Nice. :wave_cry:

The pain is absolutely shocking, I'm now back onto stupid dose pethidine, and got some more drugs to take for a month to try to deal with the gastritis.

Sometimes I ask myself if this was worth it :needhug:

You poor thing - sounds like a nightmare. I'd send a hug if i knew how to lol!

Hope this is the end of your problems, seems like you've been incredibly unlucky - things can only get better !

Back