• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Struggling

alberqueque

:cry:Hi all- sorry not been around but went back to work last week and tinternet has been off this week. Anyway - i feel i am really struggling this week. I seem to be hungry often - eat till i am satisfied then later i am a bit hungry again! so if i eat more at meal times i regurgitate! it is really getting me down - dont think i have lost anything again this week and i didnt think i would be hungry like i am - please help if you can

HiYa Jan, Sorry your struggling at the min, Have you tried having 5 small meals a day? Thats what i try and do, and if you get hungry inbetween have fruit or a little veg soup, Are you drinking enough water? sometimes we think we are hungry when in fact we are thirsty, Try having plenty of protiens fish is good. Sorry I can't help any more, But hope you start to feel better soon (((Hugs)))

im not a bypasser but i suggest the same as fgs, little and often would be the answer with healthy snacks.

fluid intake is also a very important factor x

I know its hard to fit in all those meals and drinks but its really the best way forward, when i manage to do it properly i lose a lot more than if i do not, make the 2 snacks a day protien shakes if you do not have time to eat a lot, and remember to keep sipping fuilds as this also takes away the hunger helps with the loss of weight and ensures you do not dehydrate

sorry to hear you are struggling hun. You've already had some great advice so I'll just send a hug (((Jan)))

Thanks ladies - am not having protein shakes as i was never given them but i must admit i am trying to have just three meals a day. So then when i am hungry i am eating crisps! honestly when will i learn! at the mo i am eating cereal for breakfast, soup/salad for lunch and whatever i make for tea like curry, pasta etc. then perhaps a yoghurt later, doing ok on the water i really missed drinking as much as i do when i couldnt but am going to try the five meals. thanks - any advice re what you eat would be great thanks. Sam - thanks - have you started new job yet, xxx

Crisps? Don't ye know that these are the Devil's Own Dandruff?! :eek:

Seriously, knock the b*ggers on the head and fill up on fruit, or if you really must have a crispy snack, do the below 100 cals a bag snack thing. You tummy is way ahead of your head. The head takes a long time to follow.

Seriously, knock the b*ggers on the head and fill up on fruit, or if you really must have a crispy snack, do the below 100 cals a bag snack thing. You tummy is way ahead of your head. The head takes a long time to follow.

i totally agree red, they are bad for banders also, the more i think about it the more i think these weight management courses are a good thing as they help people understand how to cope and how to deal with food better after surgery as alot of newer patients are making the wrong food choices thro lack of preperation and guidence before there surgery.

pmsl3gif.gif

z78396311.gif

@ DEVIL'S OWN DANDRUFF - NEVER HEARD THAT EXPRESSION BEFORE AND REALLY TICKLED ME :D

Cut back on the soups these flush through your system quickly leaving you hungry, cheese slice and deli meat is a great way to have a healthy satisfying lunch, top it off with an apple if you can manage one with 2 cheese/meat rolls.

I do not get supplied protien shakes either i buy my own as i know how much we need the protien and its not always easy to ensure i have the full protien intake each day.

I find a filling snack is Lighter choice dutch crispbreads (the round one) from tesco but all supermarkets do them or the water crackers with cheese triangle on do the trick

very new at this but I do 3 small meals and 2 shakes i also chuck in some almonds and linseed to the shakes bulks them out a bit - i still get head hunger at night but I am fighting it but the demons are still dancing away up there in my bonce !!

snack a jack one of them fills me if i want something snacky i too do not do the protein shakes but i am gonna start as i am not a big fan of meat but i do try to have something along the lines of eggs,tuna,cheese with every meal to keep my protein levels up

Back