• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pizza- yikes

wildthing

Hi All,

Hope you're all well, have been a naughty girl last night, really stupid, was in a social situation last night where I felt obliged to eat some pizza as couldn't think of exuse to get out of it. Had one piece and chewed it to a pulp but it didn't make me regurgitate as I though it would, bit worried now band isn't working or I've streched my pouch or done some damage slippage wise. Got 7mls in a 10ml band (well I did 3 months ago at time of first fill) Any one else been able to manage pizza? If I can manage this and also am hungry quite a lot now, do you reckon I need another fill?

was this one bite or 1 slice ? id say if you ate a whole slice with no problems at all then its time to book a fill. i dont think you would have a slipped band but more that its to slack. let me know how you get on.

liz xxx

drink

The thing is as liz says was it a bite or the whole slice?

If your also drinking at the same time as eating you will stretch it slightly and also smooth the food into the stomach.

If your feeling hungry just adjust your eating a little. There are a lot of things you can do to stop the hunger but they take a little effort to do.

The other deciding factor is your weight loss. If your still loosing then a fill is not needed. If you have stopped loosing then its time to get an adjustment or a kick start via a lifestyle change etc.

Anyways keep in touch what ever you decide.

Pizza - yikes

Thanks guys, I was able to eat a whole slice so maybe it is time for a a fill. Was just worried as my port site is sore too and read this is bad sign if sore, but that maybe because it is directly to the side of my belly button and feels really close to surface of my skin and justs out a bit, jeans sit really uncomfortably on it! Liz - your new photo is lovely...

Hi Wildthing,

I know what you mean about feeling obliged but you must learn, even in the toughest situations to gain control.

Saying no is difficult but if you explain why you cannot eat certain foods, then there are always side orders on a pizza menu that might be better for you.

I don't think it will have done the band any harm but it does sound like you need more fill and get your port checked out if it is red and sore. Sometimes it can get a little infection that antibiotics can sort.

And lastly...do not feel guilty about pizza, this is a massive learning curve into a new way of life. We will all make mistakes but as long as we learn by them, then our lives get better and our relationship with food does too.

We are all in this boat because we had food issues.;):):):)

Thanks guys, I was able to eat a whole slice so maybe it is time for a a fill. Was just worried as my port site is sore too and read this is bad sign if sore, but that maybe because it is directly to the side of my belly button and feels really close to surface of my skin and justs out a bit, jeans sit really uncomfortably on it! Liz - your new photo is lovely...

the port maybe sore from the waistbands rubbing on it, wear some loose tracky bottoms and get it checked for infection by your gp, thanks for the comment on my pic x

Thanks for your comments girlies, I have stopped touching the port this last couple of days and it seems tiny bit better and slept on my back last night and wore leggings yesterday instead of jeans so hopefully this will work. Have been thinking about another fill and think I will ring to organise one soon as I'm feeling hungrier than I ahve for a while. thought I would be ok for a while longer than this as have 7mls in 10ml band and found it really really tight in beginning. Still get feeling of things coming back up when I eat fast though which is why I thought perhaps I didn't need one...

I went for my 1st fill last week and then to see the dietician... funnily enough I was told pizza is a GOOD band food?!

You can have a really low fat, wholesome fish pie (for example) but as this would be a 'slider' food would allow you to consume lots of it - whereas a slice (JUST a slice!) of pizza eaten slowly etc whilst not as nutritionally balanced - would be a better option.

I went for my 1st fill last week and then to see the dietician... funnily enough I was told pizza is a GOOD band food?!

You can have a really low fat, wholesome fish pie (for example) but as this would be a 'slider' food would allow you to consume lots of it - whereas a slice (JUST a slice!) of pizza eaten slowly etc whilst not as nutritionally balanced - would be a better option.

i understand the logic in this but advising pizza im suprised to say the least, and i could never manage a whole slice as it sticks and makes me vomit so its one of my no no foods personally, as people say everyone advises different.

liz x

i wouldnt beat yourself up over a slice of pizza if it just was the one slice calorie wize i think it would fit into your daily allowance but it not something id recommend on a daily level but a one off is ok. you should feel ok about saying no tho, i found asking for kids menu in the havervester a bit weird then saying no to half the suff that comes with it but once you have done these things once or twice it gets easier. i cant eat pizza at all so maybe you need a fill

Maybe its me, but why anyone would wanna eat pizza in the first place is beyond me lol, totally anti-pizza I am ......vile !!!! But I agree with the others.............xx

pizza is what made me fat in the 1st place it was my major down fall, banding has kept me off it so im happy about that as i was a 100% pizza addict.

Different Banders can eat different things. SOme have to cut out foods others can eat anything. I have good restriction but can still eat pasta rica and bread. Albeit small amounts just like all other foods.

I would not say just because you can eat 1 slice of pizza you need a fill. It depends what else you ate. If it was Just the pizza and a small amount of something else then you band it working fine. You may just be like me and able to tolerate bread.

I also had a sore port about 3 weeks ago and was worried. However after a few days it went down and is fine now. I must have just knocked it or something.

This is all new and we are all learning how to work with our bands. However it is YOUR band and you will work it out in time. There are good foods and band foods for banders BUT there are no set rules are to what you will be able to tolerate and what will cause you problems.

As always, none of us here proclaim to be experts and can only give you our experiences. Like everyone would say speak to your provider about whether you need a fill as they will be able to tell you.

Thank you all so glad I've got you all for advice. to be honest I seen to be able to tolerate almost anything - nimble bread, rice or pasta and chicken are ok as long as I chew chew chew although I don't make a habit of above foods, I mainly find myself eating some sort of fish or fishcakes with a salad or jacet potato with a topping like prawn mayo or beans.. Wouldn't like to try red lump of meat though. Ewww the thought of it! Hope you are all having a good day, I am going to try and book a fill later will let you know how i get on. By the way the port thing is getting a little better think its cos its in a really prominent placde (by my belly button) so clothes are irritating it. so been living in leggings last few days, thank God they're back in fashion, sooooo comfy! (Long top required though!!)

Back