• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Suddenly been given a date!

Evening!

So, first day and now (almost) second day done. Feedback so far is that it is rather dull! I haven't been overly hungry yet, but ask me Friday and I may have a different story!

How are things with your other half now? Eye ok? An extra yoghurt? You daredevil you!

Shave my legs, yes this I must remember for next week. They didn't measure me for stockings, does this mean I shall get NHS standard ones that will only reach my ankles...hmmmm...I look forward to that!

How many days in are you now? What are you allowed on your diet? Ready for your op?

Be good yourself :D

Leila x

Morning Leila

All good here today, now I have caught up on my sleep - Rob's eye is much better, they took out a small piece of metal that had lodged under his eyelid, some drops and magic cream and it is virtually back to normal, so he went back to work yesterday.

I only have 2 days left at work, then the 3 day bank holiday weekend then it's OP day! EeeeeK! Will be a strange bank holiday - traditionally we have gone round to local, eaten out and enjoyed goodies. This one will be much different lol! Will probably spend most of it packing my bag ready for Tuesday :D

How are you getting on? What are you allowed each day? I have felt a bit weak and finding myself really tired. I am on 3 pints of milk and 2 yoghurts per day so I suppose after 5 days of that it's only to be expected. Also yesterday got a bit nervous about next week and had a few tears although half an hour later I was giddy with excitement about it - talk about mood swings.

Anyhow - off to work now so have a good day

Justine x

Morning Leila

All good here today, now I have caught up on my sleep - Rob's eye is much better, they took out a small piece of metal that had lodged under his eyelid, some drops and magic cream and it is virtually back to normal, so he went back to work yesterday.

I only have 2 days left at work, then the 3 day bank holiday weekend then it's OP day! EeeeeK! Will be a strange bank holiday - traditionally we have gone round to local, eaten out and enjoyed goodies. This one will be much different lol! Will probably spend most of it packing my bag ready for Tuesday :D

How are you getting on? What are you allowed each day? I have felt a bit weak and finding myself really tired. I am on 3 pints of milk and 2 yoghurts per day so I suppose after 5 days of that it's only to be expected. Also yesterday got a bit nervous about next week and had a few tears although half an hour later I was giddy with excitement about it - talk about mood swings.

Anyhow - off to work now so have a good day

Justine x

Evening Justine,

Metal in his eye? Sounds really painful, glad he's on the mend so quickly.

I'm just changing jobs, was meant to start my new one on the 28th, but that's been put back a little now! How much time are you taking off?

Know what you mean about the bank holiday, it's my leaving do tomorrow, and was going to be American supper and cocktails, but that looks a whole lot different now...I am making everyone bring fat free yogurts and sugar free jelly!

Your diet sounds loads harder than mine, I've got.unlimited yoghurt so at least semi solid food!

What you packing for Tuesday?

Leila x

Oh, and I'm also allowed one sugar free jelly and oxo mixed up with hot water (trying not to go there!)

So far so good, no hunger, but beginning to get tired, so lay in for me tomorrow I think!

Xx

Oh, and I'm also allowed one sugar free jelly and oxo mixed up with hot water (trying not to go there!)

So far so good, no hunger, but beginning to get tired, so lay in for me tomorrow I think!

Xx

Hi Leila

OXO!!! That sounds like heaven - anything warm would be good! lol I can't wait for next week when I can have some soup - dribbling at the thought of it :D

How has your day been? Is it your leaving do tonight? I hope you have had a good time.

I have now finished work til after the op so just got to enjoy the bank holiday weekend and then we are there! Op day! Still giddy at minute - sure nerves will kick back in soon though.

Bag is ready to be packed - so far got some new jim jams and some windeeze!! Not really sure what else to take but will have a look at some other posts to see what everyone else recommends. What are you taking?

Catch up with you over the weekend

Justine x

Hi Leila

OXO!!! That sounds like heaven - anything warm would be good! lol I can't wait for next week when I can have some soup - dribbling at the thought of it :D

How has your day been? Is it your leaving do tonight? I hope you have had a good time.

I have now finished work til after the op so just got to enjoy the bank holiday weekend and then we are there! Op day! Still giddy at minute - sure nerves will kick back in soon though.

Bag is ready to be packed - so far got some new jim jams and some windeeze!! Not really sure what else to take but will have a look at some other posts to see what everyone else recommends. What are you taking?

Catch up with you over the weekend

Justine x

Hi Justine,

It was indeed my leaving do, everyone had brought yoghurt and jelly and in a bag with my leaving present was even more yoghurt and jelly! I'm looking forward to weetabix, anything semi sort of solid!!

How's your weekend so far, without the eating and drinking bit?!

Still not feeling nervous, just want it to be done, do you know what time you're going down for surgery? You in overnight?

Just washing everything to take in, and trying to find appropriate pants, hmmmm, am fearing one size fits all hospital gowns!! Taking pj's, dressing gown, lip balm, books, slippers...

Has your milk diet got any easier or are you counting down the hours?

Leila x

Hi Justine,

It was indeed my leaving do, everyone had brought yoghurt and jelly and in a bag with my leaving present was even more yoghurt and jelly! I'm looking forward to weetabix, anything semi sort of solid!!

How's your weekend so far, without the eating and drinking bit?!

Still not feeling nervous, just want it to be done, do you know what time you're going down for surgery? You in overnight?

Just washing everything to take in, and trying to find appropriate pants, hmmmm, am fearing one size fits all hospital gowns!! Taking pj's, dressing gown, lip balm, books, slippers...

Has your milk diet got any easier or are you counting down the hours?

Leila x

Hiya Leila

How you doing? What's weather like where you are? We have had 2 glorious days so far - it's lovely. Hope it stays like this whilst we are off - might even go back to work with a tan! :)

Can't say diet is getting easier, and yes I am counting down hours - only 2 more sleeps! - but nearer it gets the more focused I am.

I am just washing my dressing gown and PJ's ready for Tuesday, got some dry mouth spray as well. And my pants! lol - they need to be plain cotton apparently My friend had a sleeve done last year and she made me laugh cos on the day of surgery the nurse asked her if her pants were plain and she panicked cos they had little flowers on them and said 'no, they are patterned ' and was just about to send her hubbie out to buy her a plain pair when she realised what she meant :D

I am just in for one night. Are you? I am a little nervous now, but still excited. I got on scales this morning and I have lost 16 pounds! Can't believe it! I know a lot of it is water but it's still a good start.

What are you up to today? I am going to sit in the garden with an iced latte and read my book I think. I have to say I do like milky coffees but I am getting to the point that if I see one after surgery I may have to scream!

Hope you have a good day

Justine x

Hiya Leila

How you doing? What's weather like where you are? We have had 2 glorious days so far - it's lovely. Hope it stays like this whilst we are off - might even go back to work with a tan! :)

Can't say diet is getting easier, and yes I am counting down hours - only 2 more sleeps! - but nearer it gets the more focused I am.

I am just washing my dressing gown and PJ's ready for Tuesday, got some dry mouth spray as well. And my pants! lol - they need to be plain cotton apparently My friend had a sleeve done last year and she made me laugh cos on the day of surgery the nurse asked her if her pants were plain and she panicked cos they had little flowers on them and said 'no, they are patterned ' and was just about to send her hubbie out to buy her a plain pair when she realised what she meant :D

I am just in for one night. Are you? I am a little nervous now, but still excited. I got on scales this morning and I have lost 16 pounds! Can't believe it! I know a lot of it is water but it's still a good start.

What are you up to today? I am going to sit in the garden with an iced latte and read my book I think. I have to say I do like milky coffees but I am getting to the point that if I see one after surgery I may have to scream!

Hope you have a good day

Justine x

Hello :)

Weather has been absolutely beautiful, its made the day lovely. Sadly also means friends houses and bbq's...which has not been a problem as in me wanting to eat things but more frustration and boredom with bloody yoghurt!

2 more sleeps indeed, as my partner points out (today I've been a little fed up!) Once I wake up tomorrow, I will be saying "op tomorrow!"

I've been a bit mucus-y (lovely I know) because of all the dairy, so hoping it shifts soon!

16lb?! Well done! Do you feel different?

I had the pants dilemma yesterday, usually wear boxers so tried to find girlie pants in my size, but have now given up and decided on baggy boxers....girlie pants really not my thing! If they give me gorgeous paper pants, so be it!!

How was your book and coffee? You taking books in with you? The rest of this evening brings yoghurt, a bath and Britain's got talent!

Where did you get the dry mouth spray from? Went to local boots and they didnt have any, just got gripe water.

Very nearly there Justine, yay!

Leila x

Hello :)

Weather has been absolutely beautiful, its made the day lovely. Sadly also means friends houses and bbq's...which has not been a problem as in me wanting to eat things but more frustration and boredom with bloody yoghurt!

2 more sleeps indeed, as my partner points out (today I've been a little fed up!) Once I wake up tomorrow, I will be saying "op tomorrow!"

I've been a bit mucus-y (lovely I know) because of all the dairy, so hoping it shifts soon!

16lb?! Well done! Do you feel different?

I had the pants dilemma yesterday, usually wear boxers so tried to find girlie pants in my size, but have now given up and decided on baggy boxers....girlie pants really not my thing! If they give me gorgeous paper pants, so be it!!

How was your book and coffee? You taking books in with you? The rest of this evening brings yoghurt, a bath and Britain's got talent!

Where did you get the dry mouth spray from? Went to local boots and they didnt have any, just got gripe water.

Very nearly there Justine, yay!

Leila x

Morning!

Woke up dead giddy this morning - 1 more sleep to go - just got to keep occupied today and this time tomorrow will be just about ready to leave. I have to be there for 12, what time are you in for?

I got my mouth spray from Boots, but it was a larger branch. I can't see where the 16lb has gone form but my trousers are now loose and baggy - lol

I know what you mean about BBQ's - they smelt lovely yesterday. Rob made a mistake of saying we should get our BBQ out - he was not thinking - he realised the error of his ways when I threatened to skewer and BBQ a part of his anatomy :D

I ended up reading some chick-lit short stories that I had downloaded free from Amazon - nothing to taxing - bit of fluff reading lol. Am taking a Harlen Coben paperback with me to the hospital I think.

What you up to today? Rob is fitting some new windows in our garage and I am just pottering around house, going to take dogs out later. Sun is shining here but its very windy, so not as warm as it has been last couple of days.

Have a good one

Justine xx

Morning!

Woke up dead giddy this morning - 1 more sleep to go - just got to keep occupied today and this time tomorrow will be just about ready to leave. I have to be there for 12, what time are you in for?

I got my mouth spray from Boots, but it was a larger branch. I can't see where the 16lb has gone form but my trousers are now loose and baggy - lol

I know what you mean about BBQ's - they smelt lovely yesterday. Rob made a mistake of saying we should get our BBQ out - he was not thinking - he realised the error of his ways when I threatened to skewer and BBQ a part of his anatomy :D

I ended up reading some chick-lit short stories that I had downloaded free from Amazon - nothing to taxing - bit of fluff reading lol. Am taking a Harlen Coben paperback with me to the hospital I think.

What you up to today? Rob is fitting some new windows in our garage and I am just pottering around house, going to take dogs out later. Sun is shining here but its very windy, so not as warm as it has been last couple of days.

Have a good one

Justine xx

Evening,

Today has gone very slowly in stages!! I'm in for 7.30am but on the list for 12.30, so not sure what time the actual will be. Did you manage to distract yourself today? Invited some friends earlier, and just got back from the beach/pier. Not exactly beach weathere here, but nevermind!

Just had my yoghurt tea, so now settling down go Britain's Got Talent, bath, packing and bed. Oh and have to take acid suppression medication, do you?

Went book shopping on Saturday, so all prepared on that front, what type of book is yours?

Oh, and just after your man has got over metal in his eye, it's surely not fair to threaten to stab another part...

Justine, we are very close indeed! Eek!xx

Evening,

Today has gone very slowly in stages!! I'm in for 7.30am but on the list for 12.30, so not sure what time the actual will be. Did you manage to distract yourself today? Invited some friends earlier, and just got back from the beach/pier. Not exactly beach weathere here, but nevermind!

Just had my yoghurt tea, so now settling down go Britain's Got Talent, bath, packing and bed. Oh and have to take acid suppression medication, do you?

Went book shopping on Saturday, so all prepared on that front, what type of book is yours?

Oh, and just after your man has got over metal in his eye, it's surely not fair to threaten to stab another part...

Justine, we are very close indeed! Eek!xx

Morning Leila

Well it's finally here - OP DAY!! Am very giddy - a bit nervous and sure I will be more nervous when I get to hospital, but am soooooooo excited. Hence me being awake at 5.30!! :D

Will be thinking of you and can't wait for us to catch up afterwards and get going on our journey.

Big hugs and best wishes Leila!

Justine xx

Morning Leila

Well it's finally here - OP DAY!! Am very giddy - a bit nervous and sure I will be more nervous when I get to hospital, but am soooooooo excited. Hence me being awake at 5.30!! :D

Will be thinking of you and can't wait for us to catch up afterwards and get going on our journey.

Big hugs and best wishes Leila!

Justine xx

You are up rather early!! Good morning :)

Exciting stuff indeed, our journey and potentially very exciting lives start here!

See you on the other side, los of excited hugs and best wishes,

Leila xx

Hi Leila

How are you doing? Are you back home yet? I got back about 11 this morning, had a couple of hours nap and am now pottering around. Can't believe how well I feel!

Hope you are ok and we can catch up soon

Hugs

Justine x

Hi Leila

How are you doing? Are you back home yet? I got back about 11 this morning, had a couple of hours nap and am now pottering around. Can't believe how well I feel!

Hope you are ok and we can catch up soon

Hugs

Justine x

Hello you :)

Got home last night in time for the Apprentice! Was in recovery for quite a while with pain, but since then have been absolutely fine.

Did you have yours filled from the outset or just put in place? You on liquid diet for 3 days?

I've been up amd about, kids are on half term, but we mostly went to the shops then watched Britain's Got Talent, it's a hard life!

Did you get any trapped wind pain? Lose any more weight on the pre op when you got there?

Hugs to you too, here we go!

Leila x

Morning Leila

Good to hear that are home and well. How long were you in recovery for? They came to collect me at 6.10pm and I was back in my room for 7.15pm and having a conversation with Rob - couldn't believe how quick it was.

Have got a bit of trapped wind and I am burping all the time - :) - moving around and drinking cooled boiled water helps to ease the pain. I also am taking liquid paracetamol and I have some soluble Tramadol for night which helps me sleep.

Just had a slim fast for breakfast - took about 20 mins to get it down. Am looking forward to some soup later. Am on liquid style foods for the next 10-15 days, but it includes soups, yoghurts, mousse and runny custard.

I have no fill in my band - my first fill will be in about 4 weeks. Have you got some in yours?

Still pottering around today - will try to get out for a walk later if weather gets better - raining here again at the moment. What are you up to today?

Have a good day

Justine x

Morning Justine,

I ended up being in recovery for about an hour and a half/ two hours I think, just trying to get a hold on the pain. Which is strange, as since then apart from trapped wind and muscle ache no pain at all. You were mega quick, well done!

Burping, yes definitely lots! Walking about definitely helps though, though not sure how much my family appreciate it! I am taking the dissolvable tramadol, but the dissolvable paracetamol is rank, do you have those acid reduction tablets? How is it going with the clexane?

Sleeping sat up at the moment, as I find that lying down properly still pushes my trapped wind up, will keep on trying but making the most of being off work and napping whilst watching back episodes of Come Dine With Me... :)

Still on 3 days clear liquid, move to smooth things like soup and ready brek on Saturday for 10 days then soft moist food for 2 weeks. The yoghurt diary made me really weird and mucus-y (that's a proper word, honest...) so I think I'm going to try and reduce dairy, change to soya etc, so thinking about things to replace custard and mousses with, hmm. Also no refined carbs has had big effect on PCOS and excess hair growth, so looking forward to high protein/ low carbs when I am on food again and the hair growth continuing to slow down.

Went out and about yesterday to the shops to pick up a few things, at the tail end of it was certain that was enough exercise for that day! it's nice to be up and about though.

No fill in my band, the way it was explained by the surgeon is that they would prefer not to fill at all if possible, ever, but they will check my weight loss etc on first post op appointment, then I would have to request it in the future if I wanted one.

Today is full of TV watching, pootling around and a friend over this afternoon to catch up on her pregnancy news, all good!

You taking the dogs out later? It's cloudy here, but will hopefully be popping out for some fresh air later.

Have a marvellous day,

Leila x

Hi Leila

I can't stop burping - lol - I have never been a burper, so this is all new to me! Had a right trapped one earlier - my shoulder was really hurting for a couple of hours, but it has finally eased off now.

Injections are nowhere near as bad I had thought they would be, Rob is desperate to have a go - funny how he want's to stab a sharp object in me - lol. My mum told me not to rub the spot after you have injected as this causes bruising and so far, no bruising.

Yes, the soluble paracetamol are not very nice, so I got some kid's calpol, orange flavour - it's an acquired taste, but better than the alternative. My provider has told me to try to avoid the tramadol now unless I am desperate as it makes you drowsy and can cause upset tummy.

So far today I have a slim fast for breakfast - took about 20 mins to get down, I heated a tin of tomato soup for dinner and managed about 6 spoons - Rob had the rest (he keeps saying he is going to put on weight as I lose it as he can't stand waste!) and I have got a small pot of custard for my tea. Am managing to drink plenty of warm water though so hopefully keeping hydrated.

Have not been out anywhere today - going to go to garden centre tomorrow though and see how I get on.

Hope you are getting on ok

Jusitne x

Hi Leila

I can't stop burping - lol - I have never been a burper, so this is all new to me! Had a right trapped one earlier - my shoulder was really hurting for a couple of hours, but it has finally eased off now.

Injections are nowhere near as bad I had thought they would be, Rob is desperate to have a go - funny how he want's to stab a sharp object in me - lol. My mum told me not to rub the spot after you have injected as this causes bruising and so far, no bruising.

Yes, the soluble paracetamol are not very nice, so I got some kid's calpol, orange flavour - it's an acquired taste, but better than the alternative. My provider has told me to try to avoid the tramadol now unless I am desperate as it makes you drowsy and can cause upset tummy.

So far today I have a slim fast for breakfast - took about 20 mins to get down, I heated a tin of tomato soup for dinner and managed about 6 spoons - Rob had the rest (he keeps saying he is going to put on weight as I lose it as he can't stand waste!) and I have got a small pot of custard for my tea. Am managing to drink plenty of warm water though so hopefully keeping hydrated.

Have not been out anywhere today - going to go to garden centre tomorrow though and see how I get on.

Hope you are getting on ok

Jusitne x

Morning, morning!

So today for me is the last day of liquids, though I haven't felt hungry at all, and am a little nervous as when I tried to have a cup of tea rather than squash, my stomach got really gurgly and unhappy.

How did you manage with your food yesterday? How you managing moving around? I slept on my back/ side last night which was exciting again :)

Today is going shopping for scales as I don't have any yet, and food to prep for soup tomorrow, exciting stuff! Oh and a trip to the cinema. Trying to start doing normal things and taking the food aspect away from them, went to the pier/beach the other day whilst on yoghurt and now the cinema with no food. All just a learning process, and trying to change my behaviours around food.

That is concerning about Rob, have you let him yet?! I am relieved to say that Helen has expressed no such urge yet, I think I'd be worse if I wasn't doing it myself, and couldn't see where it was going!

Glad it's all going well :eek:

Leila xx

Morning, morning!

So today for me is the last day of liquids, though I haven't felt hungry at all, and am a little nervous as when I tried to have a cup of tea rather than squash, my stomach got really gurgly and unhappy.

How did you manage with your food yesterday? How you managing moving around? I slept on my back/ side last night which was exciting again :)

Today is going shopping for scales as I don't have any yet, and food to prep for soup tomorrow, exciting stuff! Oh and a trip to the cinema. Trying to start doing normal things and taking the food aspect away from them, went to the pier/beach the other day whilst on yoghurt and now the cinema with no food. All just a learning process, and trying to change my behaviours around food.

That is concerning about Rob, have you let him yet?! I am relieved to say that Helen has expressed no such urge yet, I think I'd be worse if I wasn't doing it myself, and couldn't see where it was going!

Glad it's all going well :eek:

Leila xx

Hi

How has the shopping trip gone? Have you got everything you need? Did you get on ok at cinema?

Food went well yesterday - tasted bloomin' lovely :D I was chatting to my provider last night, she is lovely lady, really helpful and she said that after the milk and yoghurt stage and then having nothing but water for 2 days that my taste buds would be very sensitive and she was right. I told about my gurgling stomach - it's so loud and grumbly - it sounds like the puppet cat that that used to be in the safety advert with the little boy where the cat used warble away for a couple of minutes and the little boy used to say 'Charlie says never talk to strangers!' She also told me this was normal, part of the healing process and will probably carry on for a couple of weeks or until swelling has subsided.

And no - I have not let Rob near me with the needles - lol - he keeps asking though. We went out to the garden centre today and bought some nice flowers for garden. I will be project managing the planting tomorrow e.g. Rob, not there, over there :D Didn't realise how tired I still am though, had to have a little afternoon 'nanna' nap in the chair when we got back! Feel much better for it now.

Have had slim fast and about 1/4 tin of soup today, having a yoghurt later. Trying to eat something at a meal time to get into a routine - can't say I am hungry yet though, but know I need to eat something to keep strength up. It's such a weird feeling - I need my head to catch up to my stomach!

Anyway, weather looks good for weekend so going to make the most of it whilst I am off - when do you start your new job?

Catch you later

Justine xx

Hi

How has the shopping trip gone? Have you got everything you need? Did you get on ok at cinema?

Food went well yesterday - tasted bloomin' lovely :D I was chatting to my provider last night, she is lovely lady, really helpful and she said that after the milk and yoghurt stage and then having nothing but water for 2 days that my taste buds would be very sensitive and she was right. I told about my gurgling stomach - it's so loud and grumbly - it sounds like the puppet cat that that used to be in the safety advert with the little boy where the cat used warble away for a couple of minutes and the little boy used to say 'Charlie says never talk to strangers!' She also told me this was normal, part of the healing process and will probably carry on for a couple of weeks or until swelling has subsided.

And no - I have not let Rob near me with the needles - lol - he keeps asking though. We went out to the garden centre today and bought some nice flowers for garden. I will be project managing the planting tomorrow e.g. Rob, not there, over there :D Didn't realise how tired I still am though, had to have a little afternoon 'nanna' nap in the chair when we got back! Feel much better for it now.

Have had slim fast and about 1/4 tin of soup today, having a yoghurt later. Trying to eat something at a meal time to get into a routine - can't say I am hungry yet though, but know I need to eat something to keep strength up. It's such a weird feeling - I need my head to catch up to my stomach!

Anyway, weather looks good for weekend so going to make the most of it whilst I am off - when do you start your new job?

Catch you later

Justine xx

Evening in this thread too!

Ended up with no film, and a trip to get scales and some things to make soup with. Wandered around quite a bit so quite tired yesterday, social butterfly today so quite tired now too!

How's your weekend/ band/ food going so far?

You going to have a particular weigh in day?

Got sent an xray/health card through the post showing a scan of my band that I should carry in case of emergency, weird!

Have you noticed any changes with diminishing weight? Today sitting in the car was easier, my legs came nearer to me. All exciting changes!

I'm the same around my food, not hungry but know I need to eat. Any emotional hunger yet?

New job starts on Wednesday, bit nervous as moving to a different type of work. Asked for a job description, and they said there isn't one - its a developmental role. So who knows what it will be! They've been good with changing my start date due to the band though, so thats good :) when you back to work? What do you do?

Leila x

Evening in this thread too!

Ended up with no film, and a trip to get scales and some things to make soup with. Wandered around quite a bit so quite tired yesterday, social butterfly today so quite tired now too!

How's your weekend/ band/ food going so far?

You going to have a particular weigh in day?

Got sent an xray/health card through the post showing a scan of my band that I should carry in case of emergency, weird!

Have you noticed any changes with diminishing weight? Today sitting in the car was easier, my legs came nearer to me. All exciting changes!

I'm the same around my food, not hungry but know I need to eat. Any emotional hunger yet?

New job starts on Wednesday, bit nervous as moving to a different type of work. Asked for a job description, and they said there isn't one - its a developmental role. So who knows what it will be! They've been good with changing my start date due to the band though, so thats good :) when you back to work? What do you do?

Leila x

Hi Leila

Sounds like you had a busy day yesterday! How was your soup? I ate a bit more yesterday, slimfast for breakfast, veg soup for dinner, nearly managed a whole tin, custard pot late afternoon and about 6 spoons of chicken soup about 8pm last night.

Had a bit of a trauma yesterday tho - took one of my dogs out for walk as usual and completely out of character she ran off, towards a busy main road. OMG it was awful - I just saw her disappear around the corner and I just braced myself to hear a crash - I started to jog as fast as I could shouting for her. As I got round the corner I could see her happily trotting along the pavement, all the cars slowing down and I was trying to run/jog as fast as I could holding onto my belly!! Then this really nice man U turned his car and pulled up and told me to get in and he drove me down in front of her to catch her. I wanted to hug her, strangle her and shout at her all at the same time!! And I was so grateful to the man in the car who drove off before I could properly thank him.

So that was me wiped out for the day then - belly was really sore yesterday but is feeling ok today and incisions seem to have withstood a bit of a jiggle! But I don't recommend it!

Planning a more sedentary day today, just going up to mum and dads for a couple of hours.

I am not back to work until week on Tuesday at the earliest - I have a sick note that says either 2 weeks from surgery date or up to 16th June. I work for a bank in the mortgage department managing a team of advisors.

Am sure you will be great at your new job and the company does sound good if they are being flexible right from the outset.

Have a fab day

Justine x

Back