• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Suddenly been given a date!

Hi Leila

How are you doing? Are you getting excited about your new job?

Justine x

Hi Leila

Sounds like you had a busy day yesterday! How was your soup? I ate a bit more yesterday, slimfast for breakfast, veg soup for dinner, nearly managed a whole tin, custard pot late afternoon and about 6 spoons of chicken soup about 8pm last night.

Had a bit of a trauma yesterday tho - took one of my dogs out for walk as usual and completely out of character she ran off, towards a busy main road. OMG it was awful - I just saw her disappear around the corner and I just braced myself to hear a crash - I started to jog as fast as I could shouting for her. As I got round the corner I could see her happily trotting along the pavement, all the cars slowing down and I was trying to run/jog as fast as I could holding onto my belly!! Then this really nice man U turned his car and pulled up and told me to get in and he drove me down in front of her to catch her. I wanted to hug her, strangle her and shout at her all at the same time!! And I was so grateful to the man in the car who drove off before I could properly thank him.

So that was me wiped out for the day then - belly was really sore yesterday but is feeling ok today and incisions seem to have withstood a bit of a jiggle! But I don't recommend it!

Planning a more sedentary day today, just going up to mum and dads for a couple of hours.

I am not back to work until week on Tuesday at the earliest - I have a sick note that says either 2 weeks from surgery date or up to 16th June. I work for a bank in the mortgage department managing a team of advisors.

Am sure you will be great at your new job and the company does sound good if they are being flexible right from the outset.

Have a fab day

Justine x

Evening :)

Are you fully recovered after your dog run? Thank goodness for kind people eh?! I always consider having a puppy, but am far too lazy. As it is, I shall just surround myself with cats...

How is the eating going? spoke to the dietician today, and I can have scrambled egg from Saturday, heavenly! Still finding I can't eat very much at all, and not hungry in the slightest. How about you?

Trying to separate emotional and physical hunger, and so far so good.

Are there any support groups by you? Going to go to any?

Looking forward to the new job, definitely. Met my Social Work student to giver her supervision today, was nice to be using my mind again and stepping away from Homes Under The Hammer.

Tomorrow is my last day of day time TV, how will I manage without Phil Spencer's Secret Agent? Child Protection will be a far cry from that I can tell you!

Feeling nervous about your staples coming out? I'm starting to get itchy too, but not allowed to take my dressings off until 10 days. Still taking the revolting anti acid pill, and chewable vitamins. They make me feel slightly ill!

Hope you're enjoying the sun :)

Leila x

Evening :)

Are you fully recovered after your dog run? Thank goodness for kind people eh?! I always consider having a puppy, but am far too lazy. As it is, I shall just surround myself with cats...

How is the eating going? spoke to the dietician today, and I can have scrambled egg from Saturday, heavenly! Still finding I can't eat very much at all, and not hungry in the slightest. How about you?

Trying to separate emotional and physical hunger, and so far so good.

Are there any support groups by you? Going to go to any?

Looking forward to the new job, definitely. Met my Social Work student to giver her supervision today, was nice to be using my mind again and stepping away from Homes Under The Hammer.

Tomorrow is my last day of day time TV, how will I manage without Phil Spencer's Secret Agent? Child Protection will be a far cry from that I can tell you!

Feeling nervous about your staples coming out? I'm starting to get itchy too, but not allowed to take my dressings off until 10 days. Still taking the revolting anti acid pill, and chewable vitamins. They make me feel slightly ill!

Hope you're enjoying the sun :)

Leila x

Hi Leila

Loving the sun at the minute and yes recovered from the dog chase! lol What you doing on your last day off then?

Spoke with my provider yesterday and I have moved onto mushy today - have had some scrambled eggs for my lunch - they were lovely :D Got some cod in sauce and having that with mashed up sloppy cauliflower and parsnip for tea -am looking forward to it. I am starting to feel a bit hungry at times now, but after a few mouthfuls I am satisfied. Roughly having about 800 cals throughout the day now. Like you say it's a bit of a mental battle to distinguish the physical hunger and the emotional side.

I had a look for some support groups but nothing near where I live, I will be meeting with my providers every 2 weeks for first few months - she is a lovely lady who deals with the nutrition and the psychological side of things (head shrink lol) and along with forum I think I have everything I need for the time being.

After overeating for 20 years of my life I know there are going to be some battles and challenges ahead, but I am looking forward to them and feel like I can meet them head on with the support of the band. I know it's not a cure - it's an aid and I have read a lot about making sure I work with my band to maximise it, so I intend to absorb all the advice I get given and stick to what I am told by my provider - I have invested a lot of money in this and in true Yorkshire style i like to see a good return for my money! :D

I am not taking any anti acid tablet - just have to inject myself every night with anti blood clot stuff. Rob got me some liquid multi vitamins, taste like orange syrup - quite nice. How long have you got to take tablets for?

Anyway, good luck for your new job tomorrow - child protection sounds very interesting - is it a complete change for you or have you done it before?

Take care

Justine xx

Hi Leila

Loving the sun at the minute and yes recovered from the dog chase! lol What you doing on your last day off then?

Spoke with my provider yesterday and I have moved onto mushy today - have had some scrambled eggs for my lunch - they were lovely :D Got some cod in sauce and having that with mashed up sloppy cauliflower and parsnip for tea -am looking forward to it. I am starting to feel a bit hungry at times now, but after a few mouthfuls I am satisfied. Roughly having about 800 cals throughout the day now. Like you say it's a bit of a mental battle to distinguish the physical hunger and the emotional side.

I had a look for some support groups but nothing near where I live, I will be meeting with my providers every 2 weeks for first few months - she is a lovely lady who deals with the nutrition and the psychological side of things (head shrink lol) and along with forum I think I have everything I need for the time being.

After overeating for 20 years of my life I know there are going to be some battles and challenges ahead, but I am looking forward to them and feel like I can meet them head on with the support of the band. I know it's not a cure - it's an aid and I have read a lot about making sure I work with my band to maximise it, so I intend to absorb all the advice I get given and stick to what I am told by my provider - I have invested a lot of money in this and in true Yorkshire style i like to see a good return for my money! :D

I am not taking any anti acid tablet - just have to inject myself every night with anti blood clot stuff. Rob got me some liquid multi vitamins, taste like orange syrup - quite nice. How long have you got to take tablets for?

Anyway, good luck for your new job tomorrow - child protection sounds very interesting - is it a complete change for you or have you done it before?

Take care

Justine xx

Hi Justine,

Sorry for the disappearance! New job, not eating very much food just equalled tired me! I'm a Social Worker amongst other things, so it's not new, though it is a step up. First few days have been really exciting, so yay!

How have you been? How much are you eating? Still feeling it when you have had too much?

Have you met with your head doctor yet?! How is it? Had my first group appointment through, so will see how that is. Have been put off by hospital for going to Bristol group as they are not sure it is helpful.

I am definitely getting some different multi vitamin this weekend, the excitement of my life!

What do you think you will do about excess skin? Have you started exercising yet?

Hope all good with you in any case, fellow bander!

Speak soon,

Leila x

Hi Justine,

Sorry for the disappearance! New job, not eating very much food just equalled tired me! I'm a Social Worker amongst other things, so it's not new, though it is a step up. First few days have been really exciting, so yay!

How have you been? How much are you eating? Still feeling it when you have had too much?

Have you met with your head doctor yet?! How is it? Had my first group appointment through, so will see how that is. Have been put off by hospital for going to Bristol group as they are not sure it is helpful.

I am definitely getting some different multi vitamin this weekend, the excitement of my life!

What do you think you will do about excess skin? Have you started exercising yet?

Hope all good with you in any case, fellow bander!

Speak soon,

Leila x

Hi Leila

Sounds like new job is going well - bet you are sleeping like a log! Do you work full time?

I am doing ok - food going ok as well - moved onto mushy/smooth foods on Wednesday after speaking to my provider - each day I am finding I can eat a bit more - seem to be on about 900 to 100 cals per day now - trying to make healthy choices although I have worked my way through a tub of caramelised onion houmous today - was delicious! How are you doing - have you moved on mushy yet?

Able to drink a lot more easily now - the hot weather has helped and I am drinking about 6 pints throughout the day. One weird thing is that before the op I was a massive tea drinker and when I woke up form op all I wanted was a nice cup of tea, but they wouldn't let me until a couple of days after - I tried one, but it tasted awful, have tried several times now, the thought of it is fine but I don't think i like it now!

I take the liquid multi vitamins now - started a couple of days after op and they have definately help with increased energy level. There are not any support group sessions near me, but my contact from my provider rings me nearly every day and has a good chat with me. I am seeing her in a couple of weeks and we are going to plan when I want my first fill - will probably be first week in July, which will be 5 weeks after op.

Have not started any proper exercise - just been on a few walks round village. Need to get something sorted - pretty confident that I can do something with my arms and legs but I have a feeling my tummy is going to be a bit of an issue - what are your plans for exercise?

Am not back to work til Thursday, so will get out and about over next few days to build back up in preparation - I work til 10am to 8pm four days a week, so they are quite long days - might be having a nap in one of the meeting rooms - lol. I had my staples out on Thursday, all wounds have healed really well, not that I am planning on flashing my stomach any time soon!

Hope you are having a good weekend - sunshine is still here. I have been sat in garden for most of week - will be going bacj to work looking a lot healthier than when I left :D

Take care

Justine x

Hi Leila

Sounds like new job is going well - bet you are sleeping like a log! Do you work full time?

I am doing ok - food going ok as well - moved onto mushy/smooth foods on Wednesday after speaking to my provider - each day I am finding I can eat a bit more - seem to be on about 900 to 100 cals per day now - trying to make healthy choices although I have worked my way through a tub of caramelised onion houmous today - was delicious! How are you doing - have you moved on mushy yet?

Able to drink a lot more easily now - the hot weather has helped and I am drinking about 6 pints throughout the day. One weird thing is that before the op I was a massive tea drinker and when I woke up form op all I wanted was a nice cup of tea, but they wouldn't let me until a couple of days after - I tried one, but it tasted awful, have tried several times now, the thought of it is fine but I don't think i like it now!

I take the liquid multi vitamins now - started a couple of days after op and they have definately help with increased energy level. There are not any support group sessions near me, but my contact from my provider rings me nearly every day and has a good chat with me. I am seeing her in a couple of weeks and we are going to plan when I want my first fill - will probably be first week in July, which will be 5 weeks after op.

Have not started any proper exercise - just been on a few walks round village. Need to get something sorted - pretty confident that I can do something with my arms and legs but I have a feeling my tummy is going to be a bit of an issue - what are your plans for exercise?

Am not back to work til Thursday, so will get out and about over next few days to build back up in preparation - I work til 10am to 8pm four days a week, so they are quite long days - might be having a nap in one of the meeting rooms - lol. I had my staples out on Thursday, all wounds have healed really well, not that I am planning on flashing my stomach any time soon!

Hope you are having a good weekend - sunshine is still here. I have been sat in garden for most of week - will be going bacj to work looking a lot healthier than when I left :D

Take care

Justine x

Morning,

Good luck today - first day back right? Full day?

Yep, full time. I'm sleeping really well. I had sleep apnoea and really bad snoring (poor partner!) Then 3 days into yoghurt, 10 years of snoring and apnoea stopped and haven't snored since! Peculiar, but very good! Hope today goes ok, took me a little while to get confident and comfortable with eating at work - preparation, timing, when, finding it harder to listen for when I was full. I suppose going back with colleagues you know, this may be easier. Either way, good luck!

Got some money through the other day that we weren't expecting, so have booked a holiday for the summer holidays that involves a flight. So there's an incentive if ever I heard one!

How's your weight loss going? Food is ok, beef is norlt my friend - was having mince and my belly was not happy at all! Hardest has been being out with friends or out for tea, order something tiny but still way too much, and hard thing is getting my head to leave a mostly full or unfinished dinner alone, again it's all about practice and breaking habits. Are you missing your cups of tea?

We've joined a gym, I want to minimise risk of loads of excess skin as much as possible, my partner used to've a personal trainer, so I am trusting her opinion of what exercise will be ok when. Really want to start on weights, but probably a little too soon post opp, but can do arms and legs. Thinking of going to yoga as well. Even being fat, I'm really flexible, and always wanted to try it. So we shall see...

How it's the walking going? Noticing any difference yet?

How was having the staples out? Ok?

Good luck today, look forward to hearing all about it :)

Leila x

Morning,

Good luck today - first day back right? Full day?

Yep, full time. I'm sleeping really well. I had sleep apnoea and really bad snoring (poor partner!) Then 3 days into yoghurt, 10 years of snoring and apnoea stopped and haven't snored since! Peculiar, but very good! Hope today goes ok, took me a little while to get confident and comfortable with eating at work - preparation, timing, when, finding it harder to listen for when I was full. I suppose going back with colleagues you know, this may be easier. Either way, good luck!

Got some money through the other day that we weren't expecting, so have booked a holiday for the summer holidays that involves a flight. So there's an incentive if ever I heard one!

How's your weight loss going? Food is ok, beef is norlt my friend - was having mince and my belly was not happy at all! Hardest has been being out with friends or out for tea, order something tiny but still way too much, and hard thing is getting my head to leave a mostly full or unfinished dinner alone, again it's all about practice and breaking habits. Are you missing your cups of tea?

We've joined a gym, I want to minimise risk of loads of excess skin as much as possible, my partner used to've a personal trainer, so I am trusting her opinion of what exercise will be ok when. Really want to start on weights, but probably a little too soon post opp, but can do arms and legs. Thinking of going to yoga as well. Even being fat, I'm really flexible, and always wanted to try it. So we shall see...

How it's the walking going? Noticing any difference yet?

How was having the staples out? Ok?

Good luck today, look forward to hearing all about it :)

Leila x

Hi Leila

Hope you are well.

How is your job going? You up to anything this weekend?

Went back to work Thursday and all good - just very tired by end of shift. Food wise it was ok as well - I am on some drier stuff now so could take some crackers to go with my tuna mayo, some yoghurt and a banana and have also had really well cooked pasta. As long as I eat slow and chew well I have not found a problem with anything yet. We are having a chicken and pasta tomato bake later - looking forward to it.

I am off next week - going down to London on Wednesday until Friday - off to ladies day at Ascot on Thursday - hopefully back a few winners :) Then we are at a 40th birthday party next Saturday - buffet is going to be a temptation but as you say - need to change habits so it will be a chance to put that into practice!

Staple removal was fine - I was dreading it, but everything has healed nicely. The area where the port is is the only one that gives me any trouble - it is still quite swollen and tender to the touch - but my provider says the surgeon has sewn a piece of mesh to the muscle and then attached the port to that - apparently it makes it more stable to stop it moving and flipping, so it the internal stitches that are still healing that I can feel.

So all is good really - although I can eat more each day - it is still nowhere near as much as I was stuffing my face with before - but am looking forward to having a fill at beginning of July :)

Hope you have a good weekend

Justine x

Where is your port situated ladies?
Thats the only thing that makes me fell euuughhhhhhh about the hwole thing lol

karen x

Back