• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgery date after 2.5 years wait!

Paulholio

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to say a quick hello.

I've been on the waiting list at Sunderland for EVER. I started my weightless journey two and a half years ago, and due to complications from other health problems, I thought it would never happen. However, I got a call out of the blue this morning, asking if I wanted to go in next Saturday for my gastric sleeve!

Very scared!

I don't even know which pre-op diet I should be on....

Well done Paul thats brill news for you, better getting it done last minute less time to panic, have thye given you date for pre op assessment. Probably send you a diet in post good luck brill news xx

congratulations and well done

hey paul, welcome to the site and congratulations on your date!!! i had a sleeve 2 weeks ago and i love it!!!! good luck :) xxx

Panic stations!

Well done Paul thats brill news for you, better getting it done last minute less time to panic, have thye given you date for pre op assessment. Probably send you a diet in post good luck brill news xx

Thanks, i've just received an email from the hospital with my liver reducing diet. I think i'm having my pre op next week some time. I'm excited, but as I have to start my diet immediately, there's no opportunity for one last meal out!

:)

Well Paul the best way to look at it is we have years of having a last meal, you'll probably on the milk n yoghurt diet I had my bypass at SRH last August with Mr Mahawar, you will be fine the are all lovely in the hospital all friendly and helpful but it is a busy ward. Just ask what yiou need to know nurses are very good, especially if you not needy all the time and try and help your self. Good luck you'll have to go and get some shoppin in for your diet haha xx enjoy xx soon be here and over with xx

See you there Paul....

My op was supposed to be on the 22nd but they called me today - I check in a week today and have the op on the 16th (I'm having a sleeve too) x

Fab news for you. Good luck with the pre op diet and your op x

gr8 News - Wishing you all the best x

Good luck with it Paulholio, Newcy will be parading up and down that ward looking for ya, be like going to an airport and being picked up she'll have a card with your name on. Haha xx

These short notice phone calls are a very encouraging sign that the process is speeding up at Sunderland. While I've still got a long way to go (I only went to seminar 2 weeks ago) I hope things are looking up and that I might get surgery sooner than we've believed. Kim seemed to think that would be the case due to 3 other hospitals in the region undertaking bariatric surgery and the addition of Saturday surgery. Eeeeeee I really hope so cos thinking about waiting another 2 years for surgery is driving me insane :(

yes have been there and got the t shirt, it is a long wait and very stressful time of what ifs? Just hang on in there and the more you lose leading upto the op the better it is for you. xx

Good luck with it Paulholio, Newcy will be parading up and down that ward looking for ya, be like going to an airport and being picked up she'll have a card with your name on. Haha xx

LOL! xxx

I am indeed - how you feeling? I'm very excited x

I'm a bit scared, but looking forward to a new lease of life. How are you finding the pre-op diet? (I'm going to the toilet about 20 times a day to pee!)

Maybe we'll run into each other in the hospital...

Back