• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Did not make the grade in four weeks

diesel

Hi as you know from previous threads i was suppose to lose the 5% weight loss to gain an appointment with the surgeon at the L&D.Unfortunatley i did not do it and i was three pounds away and the dietician said they would only let me be only half a pound over my target weight.I have another appointment on Monday but if i have not reached the target i dont know what i will do.I have done every thing by the book and know some people normally do this in four weeks but with the efforts i have put in i feel like giving in now.:(:cry:

Don't give up u will do this... U have to do this, it's hard I know but we've all been there trying to lose weight is so difficult sometimes but with the help and support u can do and will do it!!!
So u need to get 3 lb of by Monday? It's gonna b hard but wat about slim fast? Just till Monday then go bk to eating healthly??
Or do a kinda pre op diet milk and yoghurt until Monday? Try drinking lots of water and wat about having green tea 2 times aday??
Why not join our weekly diet diary and weigh in that bev has started it's a great way to stay on track and to get help and support good luck and don't give up xxx

Whatever you do, don't give up. You have worked really hard to get to this stage.

To lose 3 lbs by Monday is tough, but I am sure if you follow Lauras suggestions you will be able to do it.

Also wear your lightest clothes that may make 1/2-1lb difference.

The pre-op diet I was given is pretty tough and I think you could probably lose the weight by Monday. If you want to know what it is let me know and I will pm it to you.

Keep your wls in mind and think this should be the last time you have to diet without help. My anaethetist told me that yesterday and said it would be easier than any other 'diet' as I would know that the wls would then step in once I had lost that bit extra to help.

I am on four pints of milk with 2 bovril drinks and 2 ltr of other fluids but the weight seems to have stuck and my body dont want to lose it.i dont have any food at all at the moment.i have tried slim fast but it dont agree with me.
thanks for your advice.
hilary x

Awww i really feel for you lovey..please just take lauras advise just for this weekend, it will be so worth it love.
I would just go on the milk and yogurt diet till monday.. it is so hard i know, you dont want this chance to slip away and they are really strict about this.
Try to keep focussed and it will all be over soon xxxx

Sometimes our bodies need jolting out of a plateau. Maybe change the diet a bit for a day or two and go back for Sunday? It could be you are in 'starvation mode' and some proper food would confuse your body into behaving again! Just a thought as I am definately no expert.

Hilary....
I am so shocked that they are being this tough...
To be honest I don't know what to say or advise..
At least it is only 3 lb
You can do this hun..I have faith in you.please don't be so hard on yourself,you have done everything by the book..and most of all please dont give up.you still have time to shift these stubborn 3lbs ....(.what you need is a few good toilet actions hun..(sorry if TMI))
and like some one said lighter clothes maybe..
I will be thinking of you Monday...please keep the goal in mind hun(easy for me to say I know but I will soon be in your shoes)
we are all behind you.... x x x

om dont give up, drink slimfast till monday, so your getting some nutrients eat pineapple N grapefruit as its in a natural fat burner, only get the stuff in its own juice tho!! extreme i know but dsperate times n all that, just get your name on that list

Dont give up Hilary . . as the others said stick to the diet this weekend but perhaps add in some serious exercise if you can. Anything that makes you puff and burn off some calories and kick start your metabolism. One hour in the gym or playing a game of badminton or going for a fast walk means that you raise your metabolism and keep burning fat for the following few hours. It is so worthwhile and even if you feel you are losing heart the end result is so worthwhile you need to really focus for the next couple of days.

Then . . don your lightest clothes, slip on shoes (so you can get them off to weigh) and get back in on Monday. You can do it honest!! Good luck xxx

hi diesel i'm so sorry your going through this. I too am at the L&D and if I was in your position I would do the cambridge diet over the weekend. the last 2 times i've done it i lost 11lbs and 14lbs in my first week.

However you choose to do it we have every bit of faith in you and backing you every single minute.

let us know how you get on xx

Hi Lisa
Thanks for the advice and the kick up the arse that i need.Just got a bit down about it all.I have been really trying over the last 48 hours and got blisters on my feet From all the walking!I am determined to do this and will go for my weigh in on sunday to see how i have done and will let you all know.
Hilary
XX

Unfortunatley LouisaL i am not allowed any solids whatso ever.I can only have milk and water.Slim fast makes me sick so cant take that.Great to hear from someone from the L&D please keep in touch so we can compare notes and go through this together.
Hilary
X

Hi Hilary, the cambridge diet is soups and shakes only no solids at all when on the 'sole source' plan.

keep in touch too x

Reactions: Bev
Please dont give up you will kick yourself for ever more if you do! Id rather try my very best and fail than give up and I know you probably would too....you are just fed up!
C'mon girl get your head on and get back on track....you can do it :D XX

Hilary don't give up luv, is it worth switching to the skimmed milk for 2 days instead of the semi? Light clothes, no underwear and shed loads of water in the next 2 days, make sure you're not constipated monday morning either.
Good luck sweetie xxx

Don't give up - you can do it!!

Controversial- but needs must - what about one of the herbal diuretics? And are you doing No 2's OK?

Think about your clothes on Monday - make sure thay are light - just bottoms and tee shirt - no keys in your pocket!! I did it once!!

Sneak a wee as late as you can before you get weighed - and if necessary don't have anything before you are weighed.

It sounds an awful lot of fluid if you have to lose weight - would it be possible to maybe cut it a bit - you have tomorrow to experiment.

I know how you feel I wasn't allowed to put any on and had to try to lose and I struggled - but I'm post-op so I managed it

Good luck - you will get your op - and it does seem a very inflexible approach to getting WLS

xxxx

Hilary...
have you been weighed at the hospital or at home..because sometime the scales say different things.
I know calliope was short by about 300 g(9oz)(dont quote me) please read jackies diary ..i know she rang and pointed how small 9 ozs is and they have put her through to see the surgeon...
You will see the surgeon...hopefully you will be put through on Monday...if not they will give you more time..
please hun..don't give up hope..

This will happen...Lisa said so !!!!!lol

Reactions: Bev
Keep trying... that's all we can do... our best ...!

Hi Hilary....

We have a meal diary... plus a weigh in... weekly... I know you are under pressure this weekend... but keep on the move and do all you can... you can't do anymore than your best...

It's unfair to place you under all of this pressure....

If there is anything I can do I am here... beavering away on my low fat diabetic pre op diet... but awaiting a postponement of my admission date due to swine flu.... so I'm doing my best....

Here if I can help.... :grouphugg::grouphugg::grouphugg:Love and hugs to you Hilary xxx

extra good luck for monday, when i spoke to the dietician at the luton on wed , i was constipated because of painkillers id been on , she suggested i took some senna tablets, i did that , and thankfully just scraped through my weigh in on friday. so we are at a very close stage in our journey, once again , good luck for monday

extra good luck for monday, when i spoke to the dietician at the luton on wed , i was constipated because of painkillers id been on , she suggested i took some senna tablets, i did that , and thankfully just scraped through my weigh in on friday. so we are at a very close stage in our journey, once again , good luck for monday
this is exactly what i would advise (senna tablets), then nothing but water from 6pm sunday.
as soon as you have been passed for surgery you can eat.
fingers crossed for you, good luck.

Back