• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sunderland Royal Hospital

How you coping with the puree Bev x
Bev's my mam:family2:, she's coping pretty well on the puree as she made herself and me blended wonder grub. Chicken or beef and all veg with gravy.
However I managed petit filous fine (sleeve) and when mam (bypass) had one she had the dumping problem:cry:. Who would have thought there would be so much sugar in a baby yoghurt!?!? I've just rang my mam and asked her to come back on here as it's brill for getting and giving advice. xx

Hi, I was referred mid 2010 and have been on the Sleeve waiting list since May 2011.... I am expecting surgery anytime from mid Oct- Nov 2011. Last Consultant I met with was Mr Mahawar, but I understand that the lists are shared out so either Mr Mahawar/ Small/ Schroeder/ Balupuri could end up doing the op - they are all fab ;o) x x

Having my Bypass this Sunday xxx :D

Hi I had my endoscopy 2nd Sept 2011 just waiting for a date. Very excited cant come soon enough

i am also with SRH, referred in Jan 2010, now waiting for an appointment with surgeon and endoscopy, hopefully not too much longer to wait :)

janie32 said:
it seems to take forever to get from referal date to surgery date, just shows how much more in demand this tyoe of surgery is now

I had my seminar dec09 and op Feb 11 so 14 month wait. But now teeside has it's own funding things will start speeding up over the next few months for you guys whos waiting.

Hi everyone,
I've just found this site after searching for Sunderland Hospital. I've got my first appointment with the nurse this week, I've had my group seminar so not sure what to expect next week, hopefully not just a weigh in as its an 80 mile round trip for me to get to the hospital!
I'm getting nervous already and nothing has been discussed yet, still toying with which option to go for too :wave_cry:

I am also at SRH. I had the seminar in Dec 2010, and am having my endoscopy on Thursday. Hopefully I will get on the waiting list for surgery after that.

Hi I had a long wait and had to have 2 endoscopies i was gutted when they said i had to have a second 1 i also had to awit for sleep apnoea tests which were positive so i had to use a c pap machine. I had my op August 2011 and just before Christmas i ahd lost enough wait to make adifference that i didn't need my sleep machine any more and i don't snore now. I was also informed before my op that skin corrective surgery would not be available wheni get to the 2 year mark on NHS that is but i am exercising just a i always have and the loose flesh isn't too bad my arms are worst bingo wings. Best thing ever having the op never regretted it yet and was well pretty much straight away after op every 1 who saw me couldnt beleive how well i was, I saw all docs throughout my appointments but Mr. Mahawar did my op hospital were brill and i'm not brave. good luck the call will come x

yes i had my op in Sunderland 20.08.11 have bbeen fine lost 5 stone ince op n 2 before the op so bout 7 stone since July last year xx my nmae is Chris x

I am also at SRH. I had the seminar in Dec 2010, and am having my endoscopy on Thursday. Hopefully I will get on the waiting list for surgery after that.
good luck seems to take a long time but sharp comes round i am 7 months post op and feeling fine just up the road from you live at Willington bout 7 mile out of Durham xx

Hi everyone,
I've just found this site after searching for Sunderland Hospital. I've got my first appointment with the nurse this week, I've had my group seminar so not sure what to expect next week, hopefully not just a weigh in as its an 80 mile round trip for me to get to the hospital!
I'm getting nervous already and nothing has been discussed yet, still toying with which option to go for too :wave_cry:
They will suggest which is best fro you i had no thought on the RYN bypas thought i woul get a band but they said this would be better for me they were right. gud luck xx

hi i am a sunderland paitient to.i had a appointment for the 12th of march 2012 but its been cancelled to the 20th august so hope to be put on waiting list for a gastric sleeve

I presume i type in kustliz on face book if i don' t manage will get back to you ta very much, i find this site a bit trange to get around on but i'm not the most technical i must admit xx also i like to type fast and its easy to make mistakes then so looks like I have dyslexia but i haven't honestly xx

Hi Chris, Click on the symbol above Liz's profile pic and that should take u to her page ;) x

My seminar was June 11, oct 11 for dietian and April 12 appointment with consultant, however Cancelled further two appointments offered and CANCELLED, managed to finially get appoint August 12, Camara Oct 12 and Sleep app test Oct. Advised would be on list Oct 12- Many calls still no luck. Finially found put on the list on the 21 feb 13 op anticipated 22 August 26 weeks. Thought of speaking to PALs but not sure what they can do. 5 month delay as sleep app test not sent to mr Small/Schroeder however both consultants have access to my notes as both in the same hosptial.... any advice.

Last edited:
Back