• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sunderland Royal Hospital

Nervous

Hi all,

Im due to have me op at Sunderland in 13 days (and counting). Was really excited, but am now really nervous - any tips would be appreciated?

Hi all,

Im due to have me op at Sunderland in 13 days (and counting). Was really excited, but am now really nervous - any tips would be appreciated?

Hi Sarah, this is an old thread hun. 13 days is not very long to go. Have you started milk diet yet?

Who is doing your surgery? I was bypass on March 28th in Sunderland. I have lost 2 n half stone and i am 7 weeks out now xx

If you want to ask anything specific, fire away lol xx

Hi all I am just at the referral stage, my GP has referred me to Sunderland. Are waiting times still as long as a year?

Hi ladygogs,
I was referred to Sunderland around August last year. I went to the seminar in October, saw the dietitian in November and saw the surgeon for the first time in June. Now waiting for an endoscopy - no clue how long I'll wait for that!!
Hope you don't have to wait too long for the first step :)

I had my seminar in April 2013
Bariatric nurse and dietician in September 2013
Consultant December 2013
Endoscopy July 2014
Consultant again in August and hopefully on the waiting list then.

Yikes 7 months to wait for the endoscopy!!! I'd best forget about it for now as it will no doubt be a while before they remember I'm here :(
In the mean time I am throwing myself into a new bid to shift the pounds so by the time I get there hopefully I'll no longer need the surgery!!

Had my endoscopy Feb 2013 then surgery June 2014 at Sunderland, can't believe I'm just over a year out and 10 stone lost, the wait is worth it.

Back