• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sunderland!

Jacwat

Sunderland

Attended seminar at Sunderland last night, expecting a time frame of 2 years but they actually qouted 6 months!!! Eeek! I think this is probably optimistic but at the moment feeling a mixture of terror and excitement :D:eek::eek::eek::eek:

6 months would be nice for you. Fingers crossed.

It was Carol, but I had to go to London with work so when I rang they offerred me a cancellation! You still going next week? Unbelievable that they are now expecting only 6 months, quite a lot to get my head around to be honest! xx

Hiya, it was ok, there was about 20 people there! Get your weight and height done first, then a talk from Consultant and Dietician. Next appointment in approx. 2 months with Dietician. It was a Consultant - Mr Carr at this one. Let me know who is at yours and what timescale he states as not sure whether this Consultant was being a bit ambitious! They have got 3 new Surgeons hence the shorter wating lists! x

Blinkin eck!!! 6months??? Thats a bit of a change!

I attended my seminar in a sunderland pretty much a year ago and yes was told approx 2 years. Having said that, had my endoscopy today (yuk!) and was told they will list me today and I believe once listed it's a maximum of 16 weeks so doesn't feel long to go now.
Don't know if I'm excited or terrified!!

Blinkin eck!!! 6months??? Thats a bit of a change!

I attended my seminar in a sunderland pretty much a year ago and yes was told approx 2 years. Having said that, had my endoscopy today (yuk!) and was told they will list me today and I believe once listed it's a maximum of 16 weeks so doesn't feel long to go now.
Don't know if I'm excited or terrified!!

its quite a change in timescales isn't it? How are you feeling after your endoscopy? At least you are nearly there and I think its natural to have mixed thoughts but it will be well worth it! Good luck and I will watch your posts with interest! x

its quite a change in timescales isn't it? How are you feeling after your endoscopy? At least you are nearly there and I think its natural to have mixed thoughts but it will be well worth it! Good luck and I will watch your posts with interest! x

Yeah not too bad thanks just s bit of a sore throat. It was awful though, I would definitely recommend having sedation if you have to have one. Everyone told me and wish i'd listened but I didn't have anyone to stay with me tonight cos hubby is away so they wouldn't let me :(
But, on the positive side it's done now and gets me one step closer :)

I went to the seminar at Sunderland tonight, the surgeon didn't commit to a time frame but did say the wait had gone down a little bit from 18 months. Because of increased staffing levels. appointment with the dietician and bariatric nurse in 4-6 weeks time

I think it is a bit quicker these days, I went to seminar a year ago and things have been progressing but felt like it was slow. Until recently that is, now it seems to be going rather quickly! I was offered a surgery days of 26th oct!!! Unfortunately I can't make that date so now waiting for another :(

They seem to be doing lots of weekend surgeries which appears to be speeding things up so waiting times do seem to be reduced.

Good luck on your journey, hope you don't have to wait too long x

I went to the seminar at Sunderland tonight, the surgeon didn't commit to a time frame but did say the wait had gone down a little bit from 18 months. Because of increased staffing levels. appointment with the dietician and bariatric nurse in 4-6 weeks time

Hi Carol, how did you get on? What Consultant was it? Its just a waiting game now! x

Hi Jac

it was ok very informative and I felt they really understood what its like to be overweight Mr Balupuri did the talk, yeah its just the waiting game now, lol x

That's exactly the feeling I got! Not judgmental at all and felt like they do understand which was so reassuring. Everyone I've seen there has been great like that :)

Hi its good to know the waiting has gone down, hope its not too good to be true lol

I had my dietician and bariatric nurse app 31st july and my next appointment on monday. I'm having to have a balloon due to my weight before the bypass but have lost my 1 stone they set x

Hi its good to know the waiting has gone down, hope its not too good to be true lol

I had my dietician and bariatric nurse app 31st july and my next appointment on monday. I'm having to have a balloon due to my weight before the bypass but have lost my 1 stone they set x

Good luck Jo, I am impressed so far with Sunderland! I keep coming in hoping for an appointment through the post. I need to be patient! xx

so is your next appointment the dietician and nurse Jacwat? I seen lisa one of the bariatric nurses and she was really nice. It says n my appointments letter i will see mr carr or a member of the team so i wonder if he is my consultant?! i am not sure i guess will find out on monday.

so is your next appointment the dietician and nurse Jacwat? I seen lisa one of the bariatric nurses and she was really nice. It says n my appointments letter i will see mr carr or a member of the team so i wonder if he is my consultant?! i am not sure i guess will find out on monday.

HI
Yes it is, I was told at seminar would be within 8 weeks. I just want a date! My Consultant is Mr Carr, he's really nice. Are you excited?

Back