• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sunderland!

Hi

You can actually commit after the seminar now instead of phoning. you just tell the dietician after the seminar. which I think is great. If you need time to think about it then you need to phone.

Hi Carol
How you doing? My appt has been brought forward to the 6th November now! Cant wait for it all to happen. I have been trying to cut carbs out in preparation so hopefully have made a good start. Have you heard anything? x

Hi Jac

I am fine, But got a bit of a puzzling letter through the post yesterday its a copy of a one the bariatric team sent to my gp saying that I had attended the seminar and if I was interested in proceeding then to contact the outpatients appointment dept within 28 days. But I told the dietician after the seminar that I wanted to go ahead with the process. So I am going to phone them tomorrow even though it says to fone on wed, thurs or friday between 4 and 5 pm.

Hi Jac

I am fine, But got a bit of a puzzling letter through the post yesterday its a copy of a one the bariatric team sent to my gp saying that I had attended the seminar and if I was interested in proceeding then to contact the outpatients appointment dept within 28 days. But I told the dietician after the seminar that I wanted to go ahead with the process. So I am going to phone them tomorrow even though it says to fone on wed, thurs or friday between 4 and 5 pm.

Hi, yes give them a ring. I got a letter too but it said I had started the process and was on the path for surgery, or something like that. I hate this waiting, so impatient!

mine doesn't say that. but it does say on the bottom if I have previously contacted them and got my next appointment then I dont have to contact them again. But I havent got the next appointment. so I am gonna phone today

Finally got through to the appointment line and have an appointment on 20th nov at 9am.

fab! How you feeling about things now? I cant wait until my appointment, just want some better idea of what I am doing. I will feel better after getting my WL target, at least I will know what I need to do then. x

Thanks suzie and Jac.

I feel fine. not relishing the idea of getting to sunderland by 9am in the morning. But glad I finally got through to the appointment line.

I am a bit concerned about talking about which diets etc I have been on I have no proof and cant remember the details about most of them.

Really there's no need to stress, don't worry about proof and all the details. The dietician asked me which diets I'd tried and how I'd tried to lose weight in the past. I gave an overview of what I'd done and how successful or not I'd been over the years - highest weight, lowest weight, barriers to losing or keeping it off. They just need to get an idea of weight and diet history but they're not trying to trip you up or look for reasons not to give you the surgery, they're all really nice and very understanding. It is daunting but you'll be fine x

Got my appointment date with Dietician and Nurse, November 19th. Everything seems to be happening really quick! :eek:

Aw that's fab I got really impatient yesterday and even tho it was only 9 days after last appointment I rang to see if my endoscopy app has been made and it has 5th December.

Really there's no need to stress, don't worry about proof and all the details. The dietician asked me which diets I'd tried and how I'd tried to lose weight in the past. I gave an overview of what I'd done and how successful or not I'd been over the years - highest weight, lowest weight, barriers to losing or keeping it off. They just need to get an idea of weight and diet history but they're not trying to trip you up or look for reasons not to give you the surgery, they're all really nice and very understanding. It is daunting but you'll be fine x
that's spot on and really good advice. Exactly what was asked to myself

Back