• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgery at the spire fylde coast, blackpool

emmalouise1989

X Emma X
hi :)
i have my first appointment at the spire on monday and iv never been there, iv been going to salford any just found out i deffinantly got funding and that there sending me to the spire in blackpool instead of salford, im happy about that tho, im going for the 5 hour appointment can anyone tell me what happens after this?

can i be turned away from surgery at this point at all?

whats the wait like for surgery?

iv heared they can change the type of surgey they do, and is this done in a different place?

I replied to a post earlier of yours about my visit to Fylde last Monday xx but is a long day blood tests ecg etc talk to surgeon,nurse,dietician and have group meeting with dietician who explains all the different procedures , you kind of choose which one you think is most suitable for you then they discuss if they think would be ok or offer different one. Hope that helps:) but only tea water or coffee so if you're diabetic or anything you'll need to take something with you :)

yeah thanks, im just a little confused, iv not seen the psychologist yet, i was reffered in june but they said im not on the waiting list yet because theres not any room yet, so i didnt think any of this would happen until after that, dont get me wrong i mean im sooo glad it has but im just worried about getting my hopes up!

do you know what the waiting list for surgery is like their?

and also i have been looking at having a bypass but heared they do a DS, do you know if they prefference that over the bypass?

i've opted for the DS doing the post op diet now coz they need to know can stick to it then have to go to see surgeon in murrayfield on wirral on 08/11/2011 take my diet diary and he will see if i've done it correctly and possibly give me a date but if he's not satisfied i will have to do it all again . I think i told you that when i went last monday they told everybody they would probably have it done in dec xx

Back