• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

THIS IS IT

Oldsnowdrop

I have finally succumbed. Several years ago my Doctor and Diabetes consultant suggested i go for Gastric surgery. Well on Tuesday 16th April I go under the knife. The day after my 55th birthday. So no celebrating this year. I had my ladt ever steak over Easter, my last ever whole Cornish pasty while away in Cornwall last Saturday. Going for the Sleeve Gastrectomy, surgeon wanted to do a bypass but I stuck to my guns and insisted on the sleeve.

Good luck Oldsnowdrop :) I look forward to reading all about your journey :) I'm having the sleeve too :)

good luck hun im having the sleeve but wanted the bypass, can i ask you why you wanted the sleeve over the bypass??

I personally wanted the sleeve over the bypass because I feel it is less drastic and I was worried about the malabsorption with the bypass...

Congratulations and good luck :)

Please don't think you have just had your last steak! I was 3 months post-op and I managed 1/2 a small fillet steak from the butcher. It was deeeelish! You can still eat relatively normally post-op just less of it. I hope you have a speedy recovery xx

I have finally succumbed. Several years ago my Doctor and Diabetes consultant suggested i go for Gastric surgery. Well on Tuesday 16th April I go under the knife. The day after my 55th birthday. So no celebrating this year. I had my ladt ever steak over Easter, my last ever whole Cornish pasty while away in Cornwall last Saturday. Going for the Sleeve Gastrectomy, surgeon wanted to do a bypass but I stuck to my guns and insisted on the sleeve.

Good luck xx

good luck for today again

Good luck for today Oldsnowdrop :)

Back