• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Swizzlestick back in Hospital

any news today ? hope all is well x

((
th_thbump2.gif
))

Just bumping this up and wondering has anyone heard how Phoebe is?

Love Mini xxx

Oh gosh, I hope Swizzle gets well soon x

I just had word from Phoebe and she is home from hospital and feeling very tired and will update everyone tomorrow.

Love Mini xxx

Glad to hear it :)

Oh crumbs what happened to Swiz? :confused: Hope she is ok bless her xxxx Thinking of you Pheobes,
Cuppa xx

We are all here for you hun when you are ready, feel better and really glad you are home now.

Nic:)

Wow Hi everyone.......

Thank you all so so much for all your lovely messages and wishes.

Well What the flip happened.

Friday afternoon I started getting shooting pains through my shoulder, arm and hand (not the usual tendonitis or carpals tunnel pain), thought hmmm what the heck is that, thought I had dislocated shoulder or something but hadnt the foggiest how. Took some cocodamol and rested up, but continued getting the pains.

Watched tv for most of the evening in bed, about 1am started getting chest pains, a little bell went of in my head sayin ooh shooting pains in arm and then chest cramps, better fone the doc. Rang the out of hours who told me to call an ambulance. Ambulance came and took me to the Royal London, was given the usual tests all came back ok but I had started to develop a headache. Got home around 5am managed to get to sleep, woke up with a bad headache around 9am, took the second dose of a new blood thinner the gp put me on and within an hour I couldnt open my eyes, was barely able to sit up, felt really nausious and felt like my head was going to explode. I called the ward at the hospital I had had the bypass at to ask them about the new blood thinner and why wasnt I put back onto the old one and they said you need to come in to a&e...So in I went with sunglasses on and a hoodie pulled down over my face, which was still letting intolerable light in. I cant tellyou how severe it was, I am used to migraines with the antiphospholipid syndrome and I also suffer with trigeminal neuralgia which is horrendous in an altogether different way, like a migraine X5. They xrayed shoulder where I was still getting some pain and done a ct scan but it was inconclusive so they admitted me and said I would need a lumber puncture (oh joy of joys). Was injected with pain relief and anti nausia jab, which helped a bit.

Come Sunday I was feeling much better but wasnt on a ward which the doctor who I was under had her rounds on so by the time she got to see me it was too late to book the ct led lumber. I just wanted to come home. The same thing happened on the monday and by this time Im getting more anxious about the lumber puncture as I have had 2 lung biopsies in the past plus a lung tap and knew how uncomfortable they were and knew the lumber would probably be the same.
Monday evening they moved me to another ward and gave me the vacuum packed needles needed for the lumber punture they had finally booked for tuesday.

Tuesday arrives, docs do their rounds (different doc) and decides as 3 days have passed and I am ok they wont do the lumber puncture....I cannot tell you just how relieved I was...I could have kissed him. The thing is, if the lumber puncture would make a difference in any subsequent treatment then I would understand, but they had already agreed to take me off of the new blood thinner and put me onto my old one. All the lumber puncture was going to do was to tell if I had actually had a bleed in my brain or not, I am able to use all my facial muscles, my speech hasnt been affected and my left side is now no better or worse than it was before this occurance (it was pretty crap to start with lol)

ok so I am home......slept ok but am trying now to get back into my food/liquids routine and putting the house back together as it appears the housework fairy hasnt turned up the last few days!

Am glad to be back will try catching up with the shiny new forums over the next couple of days and update my diary with all those silly little niggly things that happen when you become a hospital inmate ;)

Thanks again allXx

Hun have not ben round the past few days and just seen this thread. I am so sorry you have had such a rough time it must of been so scary for you and thank god u did not need the lumber.
Now u r at home, sod the housework have a bath, relax and concentrate on feeling better again.
(((((big hugs)))))) to ya xxx

Glad you are feeling a bit better, we all really missed you.

Like Roch says, sod the housework. Just leave it for the fairies.

John xx

Hi Hun
Glad your home!! :D
Get back to normal, get eating/drinking them liquids!!
Personally, im sick of em now.. :sigh:
Want to eat meat... didn't realise how much id miss it.
Starting puree soon... yeay! Cant Wait.
TTFN. x

Hi Swizzle, glad you are home and didn't need a Lumber puncture. I had one when I was about 9 when I had a kind of meningitis and I still remember the horrible experience to this day *shudder*. Hope you feel back to normal soon.

Lv Jen x

Glad you're home and on the mend :hug99: sounds like a horrid experience!

Welcome home lovely! We missed you!!!

TC and dont over do the housework!

Sal xx

Back