• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

target weight ?

kaycee00

HI Ive just updated my stats and notice that most of you have a target weight , was this give by Dr's or is it just a weight you would like to be ? i have put mine as 180 about 13 stone, i am 5 10 ,so i think this would be fantastic i was nearly 24 stone .. is this a stupid question ?? lol :D

nope my doc said whatever u want to aim for.. im 5.4 so im aiming for 10 stone - mind u ive been aiming for 10 stone for years and never got there yet! x

Hey Kaycee,

I am the same height as you and was 24.7 stones when I had my Band operation. I wasnt forced to make a goal weight but I would like to be 12 stones or a size 12-14 ideally.
I think having a goal can be both good and bad. I dont want to wish time away to get me closer to my goal, however having something to aim for is always good motivation to step away from the chocolate!
:)

my goal weight takes me to a healthy bmi, so i would really love to reach that.

My target was originally about 14st as this would be a dream come true , but working on my healthy weight for my height 10st is on the higher side but theres no way i could put lower than that feels too unrealistic. You put what you want and you can always change it as your getting closer x

Before i had my oldest daughter i lost 6 stone and was 16st 3........ and a size 20 jeans and i loved that so heck any below there would be ace

It took me ages to decide on a goal but in the end i opted to halve my weight - as i was 21st when i set off i am aiming for 10.5st/147lbs. As i'm a bit of a shortie this doesn't actually get me into a healthy BMI but i just can't imagine being lighter than that and didn't want to set myself an unachievable target. I have also set myself milestones along the way, as 10.5 seems so far off so my first one is to get to 15st/210lbs

my goal is 13 stone(ish), by the time i have a tummy tuck and all that we'll see, but if i don't get there and my body settles at say 14 and a half, then so be it, BMI charts, pah, what a pile of pap!!

I set my goal at a figure I used to a l-o-n-g time ago. At first I wasn't sure but I have been so inspired by the weight losses on here, I figured I should set myself a challenge to really work at. Aim for the moon and if you miss you will land among the stars. If I dont get to my target, I will still have lost weight, so its all good.

I thought our target was a BMI of 25.

I'm 5' 3" so thats about 10 st 3 for me - eek

Well I would have said eek once - when I was waiting for my op the dietician came to see me and told me that a 2lb a week loss for a year was just over 7st - I remember thinking "Oh that would be great I'll be between 15 and 16 st - how wonderful"

At my last weigh-in ( was poorly last week) I weighed 11st 13 :eek:

So a BMI of 25 doesn't seem so unobtainable

HOWEVER I think that will be too much and everyone's on strict instructions to tell me when too much IS too much - I think it'll be about the 11st mark so that's where I set my target

But to be honest whatever we lose is a fantastic achievement - so hold ur head high whatever you get too

Angela

Hi

Im 5ft 10 too. My initial goal weight of 12 stone 7 takes me to a BMI of 25, so just in the normal range. This is the target weight my provider has set for me too.

However I would love to get just a bit below that, maybe 12 stone but we'll see.

Maz x

hi and thanks for all of your replies, i think that i am going to leave it at 1 80 for now, as u said i can always change it if i get there and am not happy..this is why i love this site u always give sound advice xx thank you

I just kept aiming to reduce the obese catagories ie morbid obese to obese. Now overweight and hoping to get into the normal catagory soon!

I would like to get to 9st 2.5lb now I am so near as I will then be exactly half the weight I was when referred for surgery.

Back