• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

tell me it gets better...

hjm

hi - i had my band on monday. was discharged from hosp on tuesday and am now at my parents house 'getting back on my feet'. im still in mega pain. i cant move or breath too deep without it being bl**dy agony. i still have steri strip things on my wounds, but all four have leaked a bit of bloody fluid (only a tiiny bit). im managing to drink and a yoghurt, but am just too sore to even think about eating more than that. since monday after the op ive only had 2 yogs and as much fluid as i can manage.

was the pain this bad for you lot? i sneezed earlier and thought i was going to die!!

tell me it gets better!!! (fingers crossed!)

thanks, Hx

It get better hun don't worry. It may be trapped wind that is causing some of the pain.

It has only bee a couple of days. By the end of the week you will be feeling much better.

it does get better babe just keep moving as much as possible the more you keep going the quicker your feel better keep an eye on the wounds make sure they dont get infected tho, i lived on soup fr first week and could nly manage1/4 of a cup full that soon wears off tho it because your stomach swollen x this time next week your be feeling pretty much back to normal

Don't worry , I think we all felt rough immediately after the op, it's to be expected and if you follow the guidelines for recovery and feeding from the hospital , I'm sure you'll be feeling a lot better in no time.
Try and take it easy and don't worry too much. If there's any thing that's worrying you particularly just call the hospital that did your OP, I'm sure they won't mind putting your mind at rest xxxx
Take care x

this is normal, have a little walk around the house as the more you move the quicker you will feel better as movement is the best thing to disperse the wind which causes most of the pain. each day will get better.

Hello H ...welcome to Minis :)

it does get better but boy does it hurt when you sneeze :eek:

you're fine on liquids just now and if you want a variety some folks have slimfast or soups or milky drinks...I quite liked Complan and you can add the original flavour to soups or milky drinks to boost your calories if you don't think you're getting enough and it does have lots of flavours now.

hope you feel better soon :hug99:

Oh bless!!! I'm 9 days post op felt just like you when i first come home - Now i feel great & i'm sure you will too very soon ;):D:)

Hi H and :welcome2:to minis. The pain will ease but you have to make sure you take your pain meds regular. Movement is the key to release the trapped wind that normally forms in the shoulders and this is soooo painful. If movement does'nt move it then try some gripe water or windeze. Hope you start feeling better soon but remember you are only a couple of days post opxxx

You need to get up and move about - much as you don't feel liek it! That severe pain will be the trapped air in your diaphragm! It only goes with movement. Your fluid intake will increase as the days go on. Of course if you are really worried - call your health care provider.

It does get better. Can only repeat what others have said about moving about and that if you are worried called your provider. Anyway best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Hi
hope you are feeling better x

it does get better - honest...........
take your pain meds and move as much as poss to shift wind. try peppermint tea its nice cold with ice.
if your still concerned and pain doesnt get easier as days go by then contact the team that did your surgery.
look forward to hearing how your doing soon.

hi - i had my band on monday. was discharged from hosp on tuesday and am now at my parents house 'getting back on my feet'. im still in mega pain. i cant move or breath too deep without it being bl**dy agony. i still have steri strip things on my wounds, but all four have leaked a bit of bloody fluid (only a tiiny bit). im managing to drink and a yoghurt, but am just too sore to even think about eating more than that. since monday after the op ive only had 2 yogs and as much fluid as i can manage.

was the pain this bad for you lot? i sneezed earlier and thought i was going to die!!

tell me it gets better!!! (fingers crossed!)

thanks, Hx

Hiya H
Im not a bander im a fresh bypasser and I nearly bust my staples when you said you sneezed and thought you were going to die. I nearly sneezed earlier and thought I was going to bust open all my staples :rotflmao: shouldnt laugh as it hurts like hell. Im feeling a bit better today and I know the pain will ease, stick with it hun the hard bit is nearly over..:D

Back