• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Terrified of flying with easyjet because i'm fat!

Fattybumbum2012

I'm 20 stone, a UK size 28 and in November I'm flying with easyjet to Malaga. I generally dont mind flying at all, but since the last time I flew, ive put on a good few stone. I'm absolutely terrified the belt won't go round me! I've heard they can give out extensions but should I order one in advance? I'm frightened that they wont have enough to go round on the plane and I won't be able to go on my holiday!

chrisa

I'm 20 stone, a UK size 28 and in November I'm flying with easyjet to Malaga. I generally dont mind flying at all, but since the last time I flew, ive put on a good few stone. I'm absolutely terrified the belt won't go round me! I've heard they can give out extensions but should I order one in advance? I'm frightened that they wont have enough to go round on the plane and I won't be able to go on my holiday!

Don't worry I have been woith easy jet and was bout 24 stone last time I went and still got the belt fastened was tight an dfully extended but it was done, the best ones we have flone with was jet 2 we got xtra legroom and that was brill as well but setas were no problem honestly, I was worried sick just like you, couldnt get excited bout my hols til I got on tha plane and strapped in that seat, then I could relax n enjoy, Please dont worry, if you do need an extension, or think you do mention to one of the stewardesses as you get on n if you can m,ange without then yopu can turn her away with the extra strap, how good will that feel, i did that hahax YOu'll be fine xx
:)

lyzzyanne

Happy shrinking bypasser!
I am hoping I won't need one this time (December) but last December I just asked the hostess on the way on and she gave me one as I was passing!! I actually found easy jet to have relatively roomy seats!!!

top_kat

Please don't worry.

I flew EasyJet to Italy in May/June with my son on our holiday, I was at my biggest at 24 stone and a size 34, I have my own extender belt because I got so fed up with having to ask for one and the snearing looks you get at times. But they were fine. While I did need the belt, they will have plenty. You don't need to order one before you go and just quietly ask the steward nearest to your seat.

We flew back Ryanair, now these were the tightest fitting seats I've come across out of all of the airlines we've flown with, but that was because we were in bulkhead seats and they have the table in the arm rest, so make the seats narrower, their seats are already narrow so, I still fitted, but it was a very "comfort" fit. No way would I shoot out of my seat if he touched down quickly LOL

I think I paid about £10 for my belt on ebay, I bought it about 4-5 years ago and have used it on various airlines around the world. I am looking forward to the day when I wont need to take it with me, or share my sons drop down table!

chrisa

EEEHhh you know we all have thes silly thought n worries its amazing n you dont think it bothers other people but it does. I remember telling the lead nurse that at one of my apps. said was sick of worrying if i could fit into plane seat and on shows etc, and the theater etc, my sister and I used to like going to the circus in Blackpool n Yarmouth, Could not get in them seats fro love nor money certainly not wide enough or any leg room, I have a bad knee which I hurt falling over and it is very painful if pressing against anyhtin certainly cant ever kneel on it again, just couldnt sit down got the young girl to get mer a chair and I sta where the wheel chairs would go, best seat in the house it was, failing that we usually ask for the disabled seats if they arent being used, but not anymore, i have shrunk down a bit now hahax

Sarahj2710

Don't worry Hun, I was 26 stone and size 34 when I flew to the south of France with easyjet in July and although I did need a belt I just asked one of the flight crew as I got on, and she didn't blink an eye, I think it's fairly common. Don't let it worry you, as OOnion said you've got lots of time to lose more weight, you'll be fine. Have a good holiday.
Xxxx

Carre

You will be fine my friend needed one and they were very good about it and once we took off we lifted the middle bit up to give her more room, plus the lap tray is hard to get down so we put the two trays on mine sideways which was fine xxx

chrissy100

Try not to worry. Like someone has already said, if you ask for an extension belt on the way in and get one ready. Then if you don't need to use it, you can have the satisfaction of handing back and saying, 'I don't need this'. God I can wait for the day I can do that...... Hopefully by next summer... I have big plans. Lol. :)

Be excited about your flight, don't ruin it by worrying now.

All the best.

Chrissy xx :)

OneSweet2Many

Flying to Czech Republic on Monday for WLS. I'm size 28 and terrified of the whole plane saga! I have avoided it for years but now have no choice. I have bought 2 seats just incase. I'm so scared I wont fit in the seat!!!!

chrisa

Yo u will fit believe me I was 30-32 when I last flew so you will be no probs. Seats are tight on the bum but not uncomfortable. xx

top_kat

Flying to Czech Republic on Monday for WLS. I'm size 28 and terrified of the whole plane saga! I have avoided it for years but now have no choice. I have bought 2 seats just incase. I'm so scared I wont fit in the seat!!!!

You will be fine, I was a 34/36 when I flew this year, at my heaviest. The only time I've had a bit of a snug fit was flying home on Ryanair because we were in bulkhead seats which have the tables in the arms and therefore narrow the seat itself. :)

sararob23

I flew easy jet a couple of months ago. I had worked myself up so much about fitting on the seat that I had made myself ill. I had never heard of anyone having an extender belt before so thought I would get thrown off if I couldn't fit!
I was a size 26 and tall so not a great combination, I had only ever flown with Thompson before because I knew I could just about fit in their seats. But after hearing all of the bad things about easy jet I was convinced I would not fit.
I sat in an isle seat without a problem.....in fact I had more room than with Thompsons! I did try a window seat on the flight back, and really struggled to get the belt fastened, but I was with my dad and the plane was relatively empty, so I didn't mind getting him to help me fasten the belt.
It was on this flight that I have first seen a belt extender be offer to a woman opposite, It was done discretely and I was only aware because they were so close. It completely changed my opinion of easyjet!

Agnes

I flew with easyjet last year as a size 34 and as others have said they were really discreet when they handed me the seatbelt extender. Fear not!

Danniplus4

I've had to have an extender the last few years when I've been flying. My tactic has been to ask right on boarding when everyone is scuffling with their hand luggage and seats, then no-one notices the steward passing you the belt. Having said that though every single time it has been passed to me rolled up and discreetly (I fly a lot!) so unless there was another fatty nearby no-one would know.

Oh and I have a backside the size of a bus but have always managed to fit into one seat. Try not to worry xx

x.Nicky.x

Good news - the new planes have much bigger belts...i would say an extra 5/6 inches.

My mum normally gets an extender but she didnt need to. I too was worried xx

Barne

Interesting that they have bigger belts in the new planes! I'm pretty lucky to never have needed to get a belt extender. Think I must carry my weight differently to others though cause I'm almost 20 stone but a UK size 20/22.

Canary117

Good news - the new planes have much bigger belts...i would say an extra 5/6 inches.

My mum normally gets an extender but she didnt need to. I too was worried xx

Hello. I am flying Ryanair in 1 week exactly with friends. Luckily I'm sitting next to a very small friend so that should be okay but I've heard the seatbelts are now 30 inches witgh only 13 inches extension which seems tiny!

I' size 26/28 . 23 stone. 5ft 11.

I' terrified I'm going to be kicked off. Do you mind me asking how big your mum was?

x.Nicky.x

Hello. I am flying Ryanair in 1 week exactly with friends. Luckily I'm sitting next to a very small friend so that should be okay but I've heard the seatbelts are now 30 inches witgh only 13 inches extension which seems tiny!

I' size 26/28 . 23 stone. 5ft 11.

I' terrified I'm going to be kicked off. Do you mind me asking how big your mum was?

You will be fine babe, she is a size 24/26 xxx