• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Thank you and Good night (literally)

A.Positive

My op was on Thursday. I spent hours in recovery, I just couldn't get it together. There were no complications and I am already off my Metphormine. I am very tired and so am off to sleep.

Oh and if you are in London asked to be referred to UCLH they are incredible here, they can't do enough for you.

Thanks everyone for all your help and support along the way. (Eve30) xx

Glad all went well xx

So pleased you are upbeat happy and well xxxxx

Welcome to the losers bench xx

good to see you back! now just take it easy and rest up now.

Glad it's all done and you're OK - fingers crossed for a speedy recovery and welcome to the loser's bench.

Congrats and welcome to the losers bench hun :) .. Rest up and heal now xx

My op was on Thursday. I spent hours in recovery, I just couldn't get it together. There were no complications and I am already off my Metphormine. I am very tired and so am off to sleep.

Oh and if you are in London asked to be referred to UCLH they are incredible here, they can't do enough for you.

Thanks everyone for all your help and support along the way. (Eve30) xx

I was the same after my surgery ... Crazy tired and pretty much couldn't keep my eyes open for the first day.

My heart went out of rhythm just after they put me under for the surgery (gave then quite a scare, they stopped everything and phoned my cardiologist, who was on holiday in Japan, to ask if they should carry on). Fortunately, it went back into normal rhythm without me needing to be defibrillated. My surgeon reckons it might be that wee rhythm issue that caused the tiredness, because I've never been so zonked after an op before.

I went off Metformin for the diabetes the week before surgery and now, 6 months down the track, I still don't need it.

Welcome to your new life, let's hope you can ditch the medication permanently, too!

Great news Apositive. Get all the rest you can in preparation for your new adventures.

Fab news :)

Back