• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Horrendous Drain!!!!

nikki f

Had my bypass Thursday and thankfully everything has been fine and ive been feeling good except for the bloomin drain hanging out the side!!! The pain is so severe I have to walk doubled over and I swear it's poking my kidneys. I can't wait till they get it out!!!!

Glad everything went fine hun....I had my bypass 6th March. But luckly didnt have a drain in, can I ask why you need it?
xx

hated the drain too.itll b history soon x

Ugh the dreaded drain! When I woke and felt so rotten I said get this drain out and had to wait overnight but as soon as it was out my recovery started! They said they can't give reason- some people need it some don't and I was considered a low risk op so not sure what why just that it's awful!

Sympathise with you, but its only a good think taking away any potential excess fluids/infections :) soon be out and on the mend :)

One vital bit of advice- don't hang it up and forget to pick it up when you walk somewhere - it hurts! A bloomin lot!

I had a haematoma in September and had to walk round with the drain in my handbag for two and a half weeks. I don't envy you ! All you can do is this of the benefits of it being there ;) good luck with your recovery x

Thanks for all the advice and info ladies. Thankfully the dreaded drain is out and I'm at home!!!! Felt like it was poking into my kidneys I couldn't even stand up straight it was really weird when the nurse took it out I could feel it travelling through my insides.
They said the drain was for when I drink that awful blue dye to see if it goes into the drain which means there's a hole in the bypass somewhere. Thankfully it didn't happen and I'm now home on the road to recovery and hopefully skinny jeans.
Xxx

I had my op on the Monday, and the drain out on the wednesday afternoon. Was so relieved, as I'd managed to pop it open at one point. They had had to pin it to my pyjama top in the end.

Having that out, and not needing the flow pulse thingies on my legs, meant that finally I was able to go to the loo without having to call a nurse. I could still wheel my drip in with me.

I am really bad at having to depend on people, so it was a major relief.

Back