• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The new me starts today

slimmerkay

After all the confusion of the last couple of days with conflicting advice from health professionals, and last week with having to deal with a gain in weight, I have come to a decision.

From now on I'm going to resolve to:

a) Exercise regularly. The gym at least 3 times a week, any extra will be a bonus but not something I will feel guilty about if I don't manage it.

b) I will not eat high calorie, fatty, sugary foods unless it is a rare treat.

c) I shall eat whatever I want (other than b) above) and shall not fret over eating this before that, or about getting so many grammes of protein etc etc.

d) I shall not obsess over the portion size I eat unless it starts to get beyond a "normal" portion.

I did all this obsessing over food pre-op when my weight yo-yo'd continually. I'm not going to do it anymore.

So that's the new me :D

Sounds like a good plan! We all really want to just eat healthily and not get stressed about it!

Good luck for a nice loss this week!

Good for you Karen.xx

Well done you! Isn't it nice when we can get into the head space of how "normal" people eat? Life is so much better!

Good plan . . . and it will work! Well done xx

Well done! I hope it works really well for you. xxx

:)Go for it Karen - I'm right behind you - when I wake-up:)

Good for you! Thats bascially what I have been doing, as we were told 1/3 of each, protein/carbs/veg from now on (about 6 weeks postop). I see my dietician tomorrow, so will be interesting what she has to say...not much I bet, an hour drive each way to be told "carry on with what you are doing" I imagine :D

Good for you! Thats bascially what I have been doing, as we were told 1/3 of each, protein/carbs/veg from now on (about 6 weeks postop). I see my dietician tomorrow, so will be interesting what she has to say...not much I bet, an hour drive each way to be told "carry on with what you are doing" I imagine :D

Yeah that will be about it Dell. Same with seeing surgeon - hour journey each way, a wait to see him and THREE minutes of his time when I got in there lol :rolleyes:

:D:D:D Keep Smiling & Happy Karen :D:D:D

Good luck with the ''New You''... it's good to feel in control and keep focused xxx:D

Excellent plan Karen. I too am on this plan for life. We have watched what we eat/portions etc for our whole life, now with the surgery we should be able to follow a healthy lifestyle and with exercise (eventually) lose weight.

I've started a dvd workout tonight and some point this week i'm enquiring about a free 5 day pass at the local gym. I want to find some classes i can enjoy without pounding the treadmill. I also want to start jogging but can't do that till it's really dark or i get up extra early... A 17 stone woman jogging in my area is a great source of amusement... Ooh i've also enquired with my local council about cycling lessons, they do it for numpty's like me who can't ride a bike properly (after 30 years) and don't know how to handle gears....

Julie - I can't do the gears properly on my bike :eek: Hubby has to tell me when I should change gear and what to lol. They are so confusing these days :D

My gym does some fantastic classes for beginners, and ones to follow on once you get in the swing. They do circuit classes for beginners too. I enjoy the circuit and my favourite instructor is starting a Monday afternoon class next week so hoping to get to that.

Back