• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The slimfast starts now....

I really could be the one! The one it doesn't work for...

Hi again - bander poking her nose in ;) I'm not saying for a moment that this wont work for you BUT there are many reasons and many more than one person for whom the bypass doesnt work. I found an article claiming that around 10% of the people who have a bypass fail to lose weight!

Only you know if you are not following the suggested eating guidelines but other reasons (not wanting to worry you) could be:

• Stomach opening expands - thus food empties into the small intestine at a faster rate
  • Small intestine starts to work more efficiently - as the body adapts to the gastric bypass the small intestine absorbs more calories and nutrients
I hope that you get some answers on Friday, after all you didnt go through all of the waiting and major surgery just to go on the Slim Fast diet!

Good luck Julie x

Good luck Julie... with everything...

I can't help but revisit again the amount of stress you are under right now with the relocation and everything that goes with this, moving the family, work, getting settled....

I'm praying that this relocation will be the making of you and that once you get settled, that your body & bypass will settle too... I do believe the mind & body work in unison at times and I'm waiting for your day to come.

Good luck with all your questions, investigations, all advice which is helping you and above all... good luck with getting sorted & settled... I do think this is going to make a 'humungous' difference...

Thinking of you with love & understanding,
Bev xxx

Hi Julie. I've been thinking about you and you know what? Since you'e having such struggles to lose weight, you should be a top priority for the dietician! I mean, all that money spent and you're not seeing the results? For goodness sake, you need help NOW!
I hope you get some answers and they really take you seriously and look into what's happening with you when you next see them.
My surgeon told me straight after surgery:forget dieting. You don't ever need to diet again, just focus on good nutrition. The fact you'e having to go ona Slimfast diet makes me VERY cross.
I feel for you honey.
Love n hugs and keep on trucking; we're here for you.
Grace xxx

Hi Julie, how are things going today. I just had a thought. Do you keep a record of what you eat so that the dietician can have a look and see if there are any areas you can improve on?

How is all the packing etc going for your move?

love and hugs

Rebirthxx

Maryann, thank you so much for your post, really informative and very much appreciated.

Bev i have been stressed with the move, one minute we have a house, then next we dont. However if you look at my stats on my signature you'll see it's taking a long time all the way through really to break the 'stone' barriers so i'm slightly sceptical on it being stress...

I too am really cross that i am resorting to 'slimfast', i didn't have major surgery for this to happen. I never wanted to diet/count calories again and lets face it, for the last couple of months i've been thinking i should be doing w/w or someting.

I'm going to ring the dietician today and ask her where my new appointment is and discuss my concerns. But i think Friday will be my crunch day, i need answers however i'm not sure i'll get them. I do know someone who when they got to 12 months out (with a 7 stone loss mind you) and stopped losing my provider put them on diabetes meds to kick start the weight loss...

Good luck Julie and hoping for better days for you... thinking of you and sending love as always xxx

Julie they really are pants at WM. I will never forget when Ana came to see me on the morning I was discharged. Having given me her take on why they had not been able to do the bypass she told me to start taking Alli. At that point I decided that if the band was going to work for me I would not be taking any advice from WM other than following the rules on the stages I should be following along the way. Please do not allow them to fob you off. They need to take a long hard look at what is going on for you. You did not risk your life having major surgery to have to be going through this.

Best wishes

tranquil x

Oh MY WORD, Tranquil! That is nothing short of horrific! I have no words.
Sending hugs. And to you Julie.
Grace xxx

Only just read this thread and so sorry you are still struggling to lose weight.

I am sending you lots of good wishes for tomorrow and hope they can give you some sensible answers.

Big hugs hun xxxx

Well i rang the dietician re my new appt (after having to miss the other i requested due to a critically ill mother in law) she told me she would be making a new clinic mid-Feb and i would get an appt for that. Then when i explained the problem she told me she thought my weight loss was great, what a crock of ****! Take off my pre op loss and the fact i lost a lot in the first few weeks and also the fact that i've not lost anything (with stalls n gains) since the end of November that is not right! She told me i shouldn't have to be 'counting calories' as we can't eat enough for it to matter. I told her i can eat about 1400 on a good day and she suggested i might try less, hang on what happened to not counting?

Someone will be giving me answers tomorrow because it's just not happening and i'm losing the faith, in both my provider and my surgery!!!

Julie, why am I not surprised by that response:rolleyes:. I hope you feel able to stand your ground and get the answers you deserve. Be prepared for the long haul. Please do not lose faith my friend.

tranquil x

Only just seen this thread Julie. I didnt realise you were struggling hun as I didnt get chance to speak to you on Monday. For what its worth you do look like youve lost weight but I know thats not what you want to hear.

On Friday I would be asking Dr Hartland what size pouch you were given, how much intestine was bypassed and if your notes suggest that you were given "normal" pouch and "normal" bypass then Id be asking for an endoscope so they can see if the pouch or the outlet has stretched.

I know it must be so disheartening, but keep the faith hun. Hopefully with the nights drawing out you will be able to get out for your walks.

Also, are you drinking enough? Are you eating and drinking at the same time? Are you eating sliders? Im not preaching here as Im guilty of not drinking enough, and having slider foods from time to time, but Ive (thank god) never had a problem with my weight loss. Just trying to think of possible explanations for you.

Keep your pecker up mate x

Sam i don't choose slider foods and in all honesty have broken the eating/drinking rule but only half a dozen times at the most. I've never been one for drinking when eating and the only times i've really done it i've been out being sociable.

As for amounts i'm drinking, i guess there have been times i could have drunk more. The last couple of days i've drunk loads, but that's been to hide my hunger not for thirst. I rarely 'feel' thirsty but drink anyway.

Thanks for the advice, i will be asking the questions you suggested. Thanks for the input x

Back