• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The slimfast starts now....

phatmomma

Boots + Scales = +4lb = slimfast diet starts tomorrow....

Says it all really, + 4lb in ten days? I know i had a cold last week and if it moved i ate it (almost) but i went for good food not crap. My reward was a 4lb gain. This followed by a week over xmas when the scales rewarded me with a +3lb bonus is driving me nuts. I don't eat crap althugh i do occasionally have an egg custard tart (small not family size)... That's it, i'm dumbfounded and so disappointed with my body, my bypass and most of all those bloody scales. Sooooo, i've brought some slimfast shake powder and tomorrow i start the slimfast 2x shakes, 3 x snacks and 1 x 600 cal meal. The walking is coming back into play too as i've not done none for a while cos it's cold outside (snow/ice excuses etc)..

I've toyed with weight watchers etc for a while as a lot of you know but decided no more pointing/sinning for me after a lifetime of it. Now here i am looking forward to a cafe latte shake for my breakfast.

Friday i have my 6 month check up with my provider, am bricking the telling off i'm gonna get for sure.....

Bev

Good luck Julie and give it your best shot... in some ways it's no wonder when you think of the amount of stress going on around you with your relocation and all that goes with it... what sort of exercise regime if any do you have Julie? I know you are always on the 'go'... I'm really aiming for aqua aerobics to get myself feeling more energetic... when I can.

Thinking of you, sending love as always xxx

tranquil_butterfly

Julie I feel for you. Rather than worry about getting told off I would raise with Dr H about how things have been for you since the op and get some explanation as to why this is so. Big hugs my friend:hug99:.

tranquil x

SCOOBYDOOBYDOO

Julie,
Post up a typical days eating and see if anyone can shed any light?
I guess for some it's just not as straight forward hey?
Big hugs my lovely and good luck with the slimfast x

keeley86

heya julie - id be asking him questions too as your body doesnt seem to be doing you any favours? maybe your pouch is too big??? why dont you write down everything your eating on a daily basis for a while so you can show your dietician! he/she mite be able to pin point what your doing wrong and help you get moving again.
the walking should help too!
have you tried that slim fast before? the cafe latte flavour is disgusting, yuk! xxx

Rebirth

Hi Julie, sorry to hear about the gain. You might find that once you start walking it will help shift the weight. I know that my loss is much better when I exercise, be it walking, dancing etc.

Hope the slimfast helps to give your weight loss a boost.

love and hugs

Rebirthxx

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Julie

Oh dear!? Wont slim fast make you dump? sorry not sure if you do or you dont.

I cant really advise on eating etc being a bander but posting a food diary might shed some light and Im sure it would help with your appointment

You are going through one of the most stressful things in life - uprooting and relocating, exciting but its bound to be adding to the pressure your putting on yourself with your weight loss.

Good luck x

dottychic

Bl**dy Hell Julie I bet your gutted! Im so sorry you have gained and I wish I knew why it happened in the first place. I would deffinately have some questions when you go to the hospital, surely it cant be right to put 4lb on in 10 days after bypass? Sending you some massive Manchester (HUGS) XX

Grace

You must be gutted. I know i would be. Do have a go at writing a diary. And seek help from your team. This simply can't be right hon.
Hugs
Grace xxx

Laura b

2011 a new begginning
phatmomma said:
Boots + Scales = +4lb = slimfast diet starts tomorrow....

Says it all really, + 4lb in ten days? I know i had a cold last week and if it moved i ate it (almost) but i went for good food not crap. My reward was a 4lb gain. This followed by a week over xmas when the scales rewarded me with a +3lb bonus is driving me nuts. I don't eat crap althugh i do occasionally have an egg custard tart (small not family size)... That's it, i'm dumbfounded and so disappointed with my body, my bypass and most of all those bloody scales. Sooooo, i've brought some slimfast shake powder and tomorrow i start the slimfast 2x shakes, 3 x snacks and 1 x 600 cal meal. The walking is coming back into play too as i've not done none for a while cos it's cold outside (snow/ice excuses etc)..

I've toyed with weight watchers etc for a while as a lot of you know but decided no more pointing/sinning for me after a lifetime of it. Now here i am looking forward to a cafe latte shake for my breakfast.

Friday i have my 6 month check up with my provider, am bricking the telling off i'm gonna get for sure.....

Good luck lovely
Ur do it I know u will, and the cafe latte one is lovely I warmed mine a bit and it was delicious although wen warmed It tasted a little too sweet I couldn't drink it all zz

Bev

Good Morning Julie, I'm thinking of you and wondering if you are alright? I can't help but wonder about how you have gained 4lbs like that... here for you and at your side.

Sending love and hugs as always xx

phatmomma

Thank you all for your support, you are a rock as usual...

Right, Bev i haven't done much walking lately what with the snow etc... It's just not as much fun in the dark but me and himself are going to start again. Blooming typical we were going to go tonight and i hurt my back leaning over the bath washing my hair this morning grrr. Just had a hot soak in the bath as the 'deep heat' didn't do anything for it this morning....

I'm completely flummuxed as to how i've put 4 lb on and it is very demoralising hence the slimfast....

Who said i should discuss it with my dietician? Hands up please! I have never ever seen the dietician at my hospital. She sent me an appt before xmas to see her, at my request, but as some of you will know my mother in law was took ill and she was my priority that day as i did not think i'd see her alive again... My dietician did say she'd send another invite but it hasn't arrived yet!!

I have my 6 month post op check on Friday and i will be asking questions. I've just checked my signature and in theory i hit the 16 stone bracket at weigh in on Nov 20th and i'm still in the top 16s which means i've lost zilch for 2 months, or a very minimal amount... something is definitely wrong. As the doctor said to me at my appt in Sept ''there is nothing you can do to stop the body losing weight''. I don't drink, i don't eat crisps, fair enough the odd egg custard tart passes my lips but it's not like it's everyday...

So i've done the cafe latte (yum yum) shake for breakfast and chocolate shake for lunch, and no Maryann i don't dump, and a cooked meal for tea. I've joined my fitness pal and i've eaten today just under 1200 calories...

Wow it's easy to eat 1200 calories... When the slimfast is gone we will go for food but calorie controlled and see how it goes!

I really could be the one! The one it doesn't work for...

dottychic

Thats whats confusing me Julie, you did loose at first! It is deffinately very strange to think why you wouldnt carry on loosing when eating so little and like you say, no booze and no crisps etc and Im sure you would have to eat more than an odd egg custard to gain 4lbs.
I think its disgusting that you havnt even seen the dietician yet, I know you had to cancel when MIL was poorly but that was weeks ago and how long do they expect you to wait FGS!
Hope you get some answers from your appointment, Ill be very interested to hear what they say :D XX

Bev

I agree Jac... the dietician's advice for bariatric post surgery has to be a fundamental part of the forward planning... I do hope you get to see someone soon Julie... never ever give in and keep your fighting spirit with this... it's going to happen... I always think hormones, stress and other factors are contributors too... so I'm rooting for you Angel.

The very best of everything is wished for you xxx

ditzeeblonde

Good luck misses... I hope it kicks starts something for you, weightloss has certainly been very unkind to you since yr op. Hope you get some answers on fri too. x

phatmomma

I live in hope ladies.....

nikster1975

I hope you get some answers at your appt... It really is downheartening when you have put yourself through all of this to get no where XXXXXXXXX

phatmomma

I hope you get some answers at your appt... It really is downheartening when you have put yourself through all of this to get no where XXXXXXXXX

It sure is.... You really do start to feel like 'The One' that it is not working for............