• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The only people who will understand!!

Lincs Lass

I am sitting in the coffee shop in the department shop in town with a daft grin on my face. Why? Because I sat in an easy chair, put my coffee down ........ and crossed my legs. No big deal to many people but its over 20 years since I've been able to do that!!

If I didn't have a hair appointment booked for 1pm I'd sit here all afternoon crossing and in crossing my legs. OK, bit of an exaggeration :-D

I know exactly what you mean! Two days ago at work, as I chatted to my colleagues, I suddenly realised I had absent-mindedly crossed my legs, and stayed that way quite comfortably for who knows how long. I totally forgot what I had been talking about I was so shocked!

I cant wait for that. I have NEVER been able to sit with my legs crossed. It was only the other day I was thinking about that lol :) x

Haha I have just started being able to cross my legs too! It's amazing isn't it :) eeee it's the simple things tht keep us all happy isn't it :D x

It def is an amazing, but funny feeling. I always do it now lol

Sent from my iPod touch using WLSurgery

:rotflmao: Well done too you all .. Can't wait for that NSV :)

Linc Lass you made me laugh! Crossing your legs, can't wait. I think I'm looking forward to sitting in chairs, and not having the blood supply to my legs cut off ;)

I discovered one drawback of thinning down this evening.

I went to the school production of Blood Brothers (fantastic) and finished with numb-bumitis. Never had that before!!

I went to my sons sports day yesterday morning. For the first time ever I sat on a plastic chair at the side of someone. I normal sit on my own at the back. This to me was a break through because I usually hesitate for 2 reasons :

1 - will the chair hold my weight
2- will be able to sit next to someone without taking their chair up with my massive rear as well as my own

It was such a great feeling once I sat down because I realised this was the first time ever I sat without it even crossing my mind my usual worries. Plus I sat with a friend on the front row. :) x

Lynsey, that was a joy to read. It really brings home how being overweight impacts on people's lives.

Now you can just concentrate on what you are going to wear so you can outdo all the other yummy-mummies xx

Incidentally, currently sitting on a park bench in the dappled sunshine ...... with my legs crossed :-D.

(Being glared at by the local foreign drunks from a distance as I beat them to it!!)

Lynsey, I totally get your joy! At work we have a huge restaurant, with many tables and chairs. I have no problem with the chairs (no arms on them), its the weaving in between the tables to join my friends. Some lunch times it can be a real problem, taking a very long way around so I can squeeze through the gaps. It's one of the things I'm looking forward to, not panicking about getting to a table, how sad!

Lynsey, I totally get your joy! At work we have a huge restaurant, with many tables and chairs. I have no problem with the chairs (no arms on them), its the weaving in between the tables to join my friends. Some lunch times it can be a real problem, taking a very long way around so I can squeeze through the gaps. It's one of the things I'm looking forward to, not panicking about getting to a table, how sad!

It's such little things that slim people take for granted, that we are looking forward to and it feels great when you realise you're there :)

I so get the chairs and tables thing as I am actually near phobic about them. On holiday I will refuse to go into a lot of restaurants if i judge the seats are too small for my rear or worse still if they're plastic ones which I will still point blank refuse to park my butt on even though I am now 7 n half stone lighter. The embarrassment too of scanning your escape route as you rise from a restaurant table more so embarrassing when the waiter guides you through them moving people into tables to make room for you :eek:. (On a cruise in 2010)
Hubby and I have had many a set to over my foibles over these things but hopefully they will soon be just distant memories.... But am I the only one that still sucks themselves in to let somebody by or walk through a gap sideways when there is absolutely no need to because there is plenty room to do it normally?

I so get the chairs and tables thing as I am actually near phobic about them. On holiday I will refuse to go into a lot of restaurants if i judge the seats are too small for my rear or worse still if they're plastic ones which I will still point blank refuse to park my butt on even though I am now 7 n half stone lighter. The embarrassment too of scanning your escape route as you rise from a restaurant table more so embarrassing when the waiter guides you through them moving people into tables to make room for you :eek:. (On a cruise in 2010)
Hubby and I have had many a set to over my foibles over these things but hopefully they will soon be just distant memories.... But am I the only one that still sucks themselves in to let somebody by or walk through a gap sideways when there is absolutely no need to because there is plenty room to do it normally?

You should see me! I thrill when I slink into a booth. My boyfriend tells me off because I check for weight restrictions on most things - he says I don't need to. I suck my stomach in when walking between desks in my classroom. When sat on the sofa I lean as far into the corner as I can so there is room do everyone else.

Hehe it's great isn't it :) x

I wonder if we will ever appreciate our real sizes. Now or then. I look at old photos now and I think I'm bigger than I remember

Yes. I find myself racking out old photos where I knew roughly what my weight was in it and constantly ask hubby ... Thinner fatter?
If he is fed up with me asking he does a real good job of hiding it lol but it must drive him absolutely batty! I genuinely can't see much difference... Crazy

I totally get the escape route thing, and I still very definitely do it. I dont suppose it will ever really go away. I know I am slimmer now intellectually, I can see it in the mirror even. But I am still big, although I think I look more 'big normal' at a size 20, than I used to at size 28, if you know what I mean. The thing that strikes me now is that so many people tell me how much better I must feel (they dont ask, they tell me!), and I have to say that actually as I am living in my body, I cant really tell the difference. There are some subtle and unexpected things I've noticed, but on the whole I feel the same.

Back