• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Picture / Video That Shocked You

Undecided

Just following on from the thread about embarrassing events. Do people have any photos / videos that shocked them into realising how big they were ?

It's strange that the numbers alone on the scales don't really tell you how big you are, in the sense of what you look like. Neither do mirrors. Even when i look in the mirrow now I sometimes think it's not THAT bad, but then know it must be when I think of the clothes size I am.

For me it was a video from Race for Life that shocked me. I didn't know I had the fat person "waddle" until I saw it in full HD lol ! And I really had no idea how big I was.

It's amazing that you can't always see it just by looking in a mirror.

this before pic really shocked me but bizarrely not until I was post op and had lost some weight.

On the day that photo was taken I thought I looked nice :eek: I couldnt have been more wrong.

Attachments

• fat photo 3.jpg
    fat photo 3.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 114
I had a photo from about 4 years ago that I didn't even know was taken until about a year ago. I am sitting on the floor with my back up against the sofa, legs crossed in front of me. My God, I look like I literally have a football under my top my tummy is THAT round and protruding that much!

Needless to say it was destroyed the second I found the nearest lighter!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

mine was i had 4 weddings to attened within weeks of each other, on all 4 main pictures i looked like i was the hired help for crowd control (bouncer):character00116: x shamefull beacause when your 4ft11 you get put right in the blooming front and take up loadsa room for everyone to see lol x

My before pics taken at hospital showed all of me from front , back and sides...yuck yuck and triple yuck til that point I had not seen all of me properly though of course I knew I was in trouble (expert camera dodger here)

mine wasn't a pic or video it was an aha moment when looking at my face in the mirror and I thought they can even say to me now 'at least she has a pretty face' it's now sunken into a sea of fat!!

wow Goofy07 that is just how I felt like my face had just melted into a sea of fat. I am a photographer so I know how to edit photos to make them look good but lets face it when I was 25 stone it doesn't matter how you dress it up you still look 25 stone - now I am starting to feel like me again.

A friend summed it up recently when she said on my before photo, it looked my my hubby and a fat bird now on my current pic it looks like me and my hubby - I know where she is coming from my hubby is very slender where as I felt like a walking tub of lard and it is only recently that I have come to realise that I also waddled instead of walked and now I walk 10 miles a day and the waddle has gone.

I think some of the insecurities will stay with us all for life somedays I look in the mirror and think wholey sh$t is that the new me and then on other days I think what are people talking about there is no change at all !! I know I am on the right track I just need to stay here now !!

yeh don't even go in photos if I can help it!! luckily husband doesn't like photos either!

I can get out of it most of the time as my camera is like my baby and everyone knows never ever to touch it hence not many snaps of me !!

Omg...the photo's my son took of me with a disposible camera at Weston super mare. They are HIDIOUS!!! I think they are in the loft. I will hunt them out and put them on for you. xxx

lol. Yeah I tend to hide from camera aswell. I'm all the photographer. If you're taking the pictures you can't be in them. Very convenient ! lol

Great thread Undecided, Thank you.
I have no idea how fat i am ... i saw myself in a shop window a month ago, and it stopped me dead, i fought through the crowd to get closer to the window to make sure it wasnt a fat look-e-likey in the shop looking out!!... there i was ... in all my obese glory ! it took my breath away ... i how the reality of my size ... every pile of ironing is a stark reminder... us chubsters have 3 times more than anyone! ugh. So i wonder if it is possible to have body dysmorphier ? (cant spell it) it must be the same psychology as the people who feel they are enormous , but are not. what do you think ? xx

I have no idea how fat i am ... i saw myself in a shop window a month ago, and it stopped me dead, i fought through the crowd to get closer to the window to make sure it wasnt a fat look-e-likey in the shop looking out!!... there i was ... in all my obese glory ! it took my breath away ... i how the reality of my size ... every pile of ironing is a stark reminder... us chubsters have 3 times more than anyone! ugh. So i wonder if it is possible to have body dysmorphier ? (cant spell it) it must be the same psychology as the people who feel they are enormous , but are not. what do you think ? xx

I think we all suffer body dismorphia (i cant spell it either) there are times when i go to sit down in a chair or bench & end up sitting on someones lap because my butt is bigger than it used to be but my brain still tell's me "YOUL MAKE THAT GAP GO FOR IT,its a seat"! lol i obviously dont make the gap in the seat, and then deal with the embarrasement of explaining why i ended up on some strangers lap lol xx

I think we all suffer body dismorphia (i cant spell it either) there are times when i go to sit down in a chair or bench & end up sitting on someones lap because my butt is bigger than it used to be but my brain still tell's me "YOUL MAKE THAT GAP GO FOR IT,its a seat"! lol i obviously dont make the gap in the seat, and then deal with the embarrasement of explaining why i ended up on some strangers lap lol xx

oh that made me chuckle lol x

sicknote

you just reminded me of not getting on a bus as it was nearly full and you could practically see the terror in peoples faces in case I got on and sat beside them!!

lol, I have had that same experience, when for a tiny second I have thought to myself "look at that fat woman" and then realised with horror that the reflection is me! x

omg u lot r so brave,i dont have any photo,s because i hid when they were taken at events coz i was so discusted at my self but it never stopped me going 2 the buffet,just starting my long journey but am on it now and sooo pleased 2 be

lol some of these are funny (although not at the time !)

Yeah I do think you don't realise. Maybe because of the fact we hide when the camwera come out so might have put on quite a bit of weight between one photo and the next lol.

I've always known the big woman in the shop window was me. Dont know if thats a good or bad thing. lol

One way I know though is from holding up clothes ! Not many people have jeans you could get 2 people in. lol

Back