• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Picture / Video That Shocked You

my wedding photos.... I had most of them taken sitting down to sign the register but I always 'spread out' when I sit down. I'd rather have stood! When I lose the weight we're going have them taken again.

I hate sitting next to windows or mirrors cos if I look out of the corner of my eye I can see how fat I really am. I don't think I'm as big as I am cos I don't see it most of it (its behind me!) and I've avoided admitting to myself just how big I am.

Attachments

• weddingpicture1.jpg
    weddingpicture1.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 48
I've seen worse arms, but not so many pretty faces.
You look happy and your kids obviously thought you were lovely too.
Dont do yourself down too much, you dont look exceptionally big to me but probably to yourself you do.
What do you look like now you have lost weight?
Lynne x

I've seen worse arms, but not so many pretty faces.
You look happy and your kids obviously thought you were lovely too.
Dont do yourself down too much, you dont look exceptionally big to me but probably to yourself you do.
What do you look like now you have lost weight?
Lynne x
Awh thanks, I will take a new whole body pic later and put it on. Got to go and have my fill in 20 mins!
xxx

You don't look that big to me Karen!! Mind you I look like Jabba the hut in a wig in most of my before pics!

Good luck with your fill today hunny x

Don't forget that the worse the before pictures the better the after ones will look!

I try not to get my arms out too much, just hope I don't have bingo wings after as can't wait to wear strappy tops.

i dont have a pic but an incident i was in a line for the bank in a shopping centre and this woman started talking about me saying id pushed in which i hadnt ,anyway i turned and said can you stop talking about me which ended up in a slanging match telling me i was so fat that a car would run out of petrol to get round me etc etc ..well ive never had anyone call me fat except my kids in fun ,,the whole of the shopping centre was watching while she told me i must be rushing to get money out to buy cream cakes and was a beast and a waste of air ..........

Oh Ruth! Some people can be so bloody horrible!

Nobody's perfect... For all you know she could have had 11 toes and a wooden leg...

Paaaaaaahahahahahahaaaaa!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I work in a young offenders institution and every inch of the building is covered by cctv cameras. Whenever there is an incident we have to check back on the cameras to see why something happened and how it was dealt with...everytime I do this it makes me want to cry!! I look HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE against all the other staff and the young lads I work with and for some reason I never seem to realise how much bigger I am than everyone else until I see myself on the cctv footage!

My partner is skinny too so every photo of us together horrifies me. I've always got a massive pumpkin of a head next to his pin head!!

H x

i dont have a pic but an incident i was in a line for the bank in a shopping centre and this woman started talking about me saying id pushed in which i hadnt ,anyway i turned and said can you stop talking about me which ended up in a slanging match telling me i was so fat that a car would run out of petrol to get round me etc etc ..well ive never had anyone call me fat except my kids in fun ,,the whole of the shopping centre was watching while she told me i must be rushing to get money out to buy cream cakes and was a beast and a waste of air ..........

That's disguting! what a vile creature of nature she was! tbh sweets had you of been a size 8 with a birth mark on your face she would have targeted the birthmark, she knew it would hurt you, she knew it would make everyone stop and watch!!! she is a digusting human being with no god given right to speak to you or anyone else that way! the laugh of it is........... she felt the need to make a scene.... that's some serious problems that she needs to get help with some self control! so why she poked the finger at you she should have been looking at her own undoing!

Take care and take no notice of people that should't be pointing fingers, no one's a saint therefore live and let live xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just following on from the thread about embarrassing events. Do people have any photos / videos that shocked them into realising how big they were ?

It's strange that the numbers alone on the scales don't really tell you how big you are, in the sense of what you look like. Neither do mirrors. Even when i look in the mirrow now I sometimes think it's not THAT bad, but then know it must be when I think of the clothes size I am.

For me it was a video from Race for Life that shocked me. I didn't know I had the fat person "waddle" until I saw it in full HD lol ! And I really had no idea how big I was.
It's amazing that you can't always see it just by looking in a mirror.

I too always made sure I had the camera, I was always the official photographer at any gathering or event. Looking back, It was because I could be in control and not have any photo's of myself.

I had the opposite of body dysmorphia. When I looked in a mirror, I always thought I didn't look too bad. but what I forgot was that when I looked in a mirror though, I always held my self upright and breathed in!

Last edited:
Ruth that's awful. I guess you have to remember that people who are happy to say things like that just feel bad about themselves.

Montana I think that's a common thing. I don['t know why, but sometimes you can only see how big you are in certain situations. I don't know why that is ?! I viedo's myself the other day and thought I didnt look TOO bad. Yet I know from past photos that I do !!!

Sometimes it seems to be a photo, sometimes film footage. There doesnt seem to be a pattern for me !

Well I just had my first ever experience of (open) abuse.

Two kids in a car at the supermarket shouting "skinny" (obviously sarcastically) out of the window. Parents must have been in shop. Rushed in and back out to say something to them, but they'd already gone. Hope they don't talk to kids at school like that. No doubt they do though.

Mine was when all of a sudden I couldnt walk for more than 10 minutes without being in so much back pain I had to sit down....then the next day I went to my brothers house and had a photo taken...I was in so much shock...it was like fat was invading my face and winning! Where had my slim face gone?! Anyways those two factors told me everything had gone too far!

My before pics taken at hospital showed all of me from front , back and sides...yuck yuck and triple yuck til that point I had not seen all of me properly though of course I knew I was in trouble (expert camera dodger here)

HUH??????????? Pictures at the hospital? is this a compulsory part of having the surgery or can you opt out?

I have to admit i was in the hairdressers last week and I saw a side on reflection of an older woman with double chin and no neck behind me and I thought awhhh she's quite pretty but needs to loose a lot of weight, I wonder do I look like that - slowly dawning on me that IT WAS ME OMG . Bring on 12 July - could I just go to sleep now and wake up on 13th?. Btw how do I post a photo?

Back