• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The secret to your success?

Hi, I'm a veggie too and 4 1/2 years post op.

Don't forget quorn, tofu, chick peas, lentils etc ;)

The key to my success has been eating less (a lot less, lol) and moving more. Combined with slowing right down on eating, chewing much more and being more aware of what goes in!

Good luck x

Yes, very true. I do try to avoid tofu too often (I love it, but am concerned about the amount of oestrogen in it due to a medical issue I've got), and the only way I can get myself to eat quorn is with carbs, so I'll probably mostly avoid that as well! But chick peas and lentils are quite yummy.

I guess I'm usually used to combining things like beans with a carb to make a complete protein, but I know that's not going to be a good idea post-surgery and I'm also looking for alternatives.

Thanks!

Hi Shell, I think the key to success is getting the balance right with food, eat protein first, then veg, then carbs. 3 small meals and 2 snacks a day. Plenty of fluid. The odd treat is fine after the initial stages, providing it doesn't make you dump (I don't). Exercise too. And realising it's for life - I don't see it as a diet, more an opportunity to choose wisely as I can fit so much less food in. So I try to make my food choices as nutritious as possible and don't let treats replace meals. Good luck on your journey xx

Thank you! Very logical way to approach it, and the way I've been expecting to do it.

Back