• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

There appears to be a few of us newbies:)

Su2ie

I'm new to the idea of surgery and happy to have just found this forum to find out a bit more.

I attended my group seminar at Sunderland this week and have my first 'proper' appointment 15th november. It seems to be quite a long process at SUnderland around 15-18months to surgery I believe :sigh:

After many many weight loss attempts, many failed and some successful only to eventually put all the weight back on and more I have run out of options and surgery appears to be my last resort. I have to say I am more than a little scared of the idea but I'm hoping to find a bit of comfort here from other people's experiences.

hello and welcome Susie ,you have come to the right place lots of friendly people with great advise and tales to tell!

Welcome hun and good luck on your journey :) I'm nhs funding approved ......... and today i finally got a letter saying I'm on the waiting list YIPPEE .......... so far its been over 2 years to get to this point, but once on list 18 weeks. I'm in Cornwall and all areas work differently some are very quick and some are longer, but for me its been invailable in helping me to decide on which op and to really understand what will happen and what to expect.................. anyway wishing you all the luck x

welcome and goodluck with your journey seems diff areas have different waiting times so sadly unless you go private and can choose it is a wait bt it will pass by quick im sure

You will defiantly get help and advice here..welcome xxxx

Hi and welcome Su2ie :)

Howdy :)

I'm also a newbie! That is a long time :( But! It'll go super quick because you'll have something to look forward to I promise.
I started on 'The Weigh Ahead' back in July 2012 with the hopes of getting surgery at the end. I worked my butt off during that time with dieting and going to the gym and lost nothing. Didn't gain in that time but didn't lose a single pound either!! That seems like ages ago now. I was denied surgery and my fight started all over again.
Now I'm here waiting for a date!

It'll come sooner than you think ;) Now that you have the ball rolling it's onwards and upwards from here!

Hello! I think there are quite a few newbies floating around (including myself!) so I hope we can all stick together and make it a little less scary for each other. x

Hi, know what you mean. I have my date (19th Nov) and although I really want this I'm very scared but reading peoples stories is helping. Good luck.

Thanks for all of the replies. It's great to hear people's stories and take inspiration from those further on in their journey and also to meet others who are at the same stage with the same reservations.
Nervously looking forward to what lies ahead.....

Back