• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

THG band to MGB in Belgium

So xe isn't a company. It just tells you the best rate you could get if a company isn't adding any profit. Check the two companies I told you about, Currency direct and transferwise and see who's giving you the best rate to transfer. Also you said you searched out a few other companies check them to see if they are offering you a better rate.

I hope that helps.x

So xe isn't a company. It just tells you the best rate you could get if a company isn't adding any profit. Check the two companies I told you about, Currency direct and transferwise and see who's giving you the best rate to transfer. Also you said you searched out a few other companies check them to see if they are offering you a better rate.

I hope that helps.x

Kim you’re an absolute diamond. Thank you so much. I’ll take a look tonight. Loan due tomorrow so should hopefully be able to complete everything over the weekend and then just forget about it and look forward to the second part of my surgery journey next week onwards x

So, happy Monday!
I sorted my loan on Saturday. I managed to transfer €500 on Saturday via my Barclays app. It had an option to pay an international account which was dead easy, got a rate of 1.12 which was pretty good too. It’s showing on my online banking now so I’ve emaioed Frederik this morning to confirm they have it or should expect it. However slightly concerned that he has not responded to my queries I sent on Thursday evening. I asked for more information re LSD and post foods as I go on holiday in June. Hoping he will get in touch today.
X

So, happy Monday!
I sorted my loan on Saturday. I managed to transfer €500 on Saturday via my Barclays app. It had an option to pay an international account which was dead easy, got a rate of 1.12 which was pretty good too. It’s showing on my online banking now so I’ve emaioed Frederik this morning to confirm they have it or should expect it. However slightly concerned that he has not responded to my queries I sent on Thursday evening. I asked for more information re LSD and post foods as I go on holiday in June. Hoping he will get in touch today.
X

Did Barclays offer you 1.12 when the market rate was 1.15? I guess that was ok for small figures. The 3% difference shows up for large figures much more. Example, if you use them to pay €7,000 then you could be paying £6,250 instead of £6,086.96 with a company that offers you 1.15.

Hopefully Fred gets back to you soon.x

Right ok brill. Thanks for the advice. I was in TUI booking a holiday at the time and they advised that the rate for the day was high at 1.12 so wasn’t aware I could get 1.15 anywhere else. But will certainly keep an eye out in March as I’ll pay it off then
X

I’ve heard nothing from Fred and it’s unsettling me? Emailed last Thursday after he had confirmed my surgery and I would hear travel arrangement info 1 week prior to surgery. I mailed back with a thank you and queries. Heard nothing and then emailed to confirm deposit was sent yesterday could he confirm receipt? Also told him of my current weight. Any advice? X

That's odd. I wonder if he got stuck somewhere. I checked my emails and I got confirmation 2 days after I sent the cash from their finance person tine.spruyt at the same ending email address. Maybe you can contact that person. Or maybe the money hasn't arrived from Barclays. Bank transfers can take up to 5 working days. Did Barclays confirm that the money reached the account?x

That's odd. I wonder if he got stuck somewhere. I checked my emails and I got confirmation 2 days after I sent the cash from their finance person tine.spruyt at the same ending email address. Maybe you can contact that person. Or maybe the money hasn't arrived from Barclays. Bank transfers can take up to 5 working days. Did Barclays confirm that the money reached the account?x

Just this afternoon I got a confirmation from Tine advising they have received my €500 deposit. My mind is eased so so. I would like Frederik to acknowledge my question and lsd etc. Doubt that even matters as I’ve put quite a bit of weight on over Xmas and my birthday. I’m booked to go on holiday in June I assume Ill be ok, time will tell. Light duties until I go will help.
In other news i booked 2 weeks in Thailand for my 30th birthday next January. I want to feel amazing and look great too. I want to explore everywhere. So so hoping I’m back to 10-11 stone by then and I won’t chafe!
Thank you all for helping and listening to my woes x

What a lovely pressie to look forward to, guarantee they will be no chaffing, you’ll be amazing xx

Just this afternoon I got a confirmation from Tine advising they have received my €500 deposit. My mind is eased so so. I would like Frederik to acknowledge my question and lsd etc. Doubt that even matters as I’ve put quite a bit of weight on over Xmas and my birthday. I’m booked to go on holiday in June I assume Ill be ok, time will tell. Light duties until I go will help.
In other news i booked 2 weeks in Thailand for my 30th birthday next January. I want to feel amazing and look great too. I want to explore everywhere. So so hoping I’m back to 10-11 stone by then and I won’t chafe!
Thank you all for helping and listening to my woes x
Great present to yourself to go to Thailand but weight loss surgery is definitely the best present all of us have given ourselves xxx

Hi everyone. I sent Frederik an email with reference to pre op diet etc and he sent me a document for phased pre and post op. He has advised of 2 weeks low fat diet for liver shrinking. Only thing that really concerns me is the caffeine thing? Within the document he sent it says avoid caffeine. Not only for pre op but post op too. I love nothing more than a proper mug of Yorkshire tea. What everyone’s thoughts?

Hi everyone. I sent Frederik an email with reference to pre op diet etc and he sent me a document for phased pre and post op. He has advised of 2 weeks low fat diet for liver shrinking. Only thing that really concerns me is the caffeine thing? Within the document he sent it says avoid caffeine. Not only for pre op but post op too. I love nothing more than a proper mug of Yorkshire tea. What everyone’s thoughts?

I got the advice about avoiding caffeine on pre-op too I think along with the low fat diet for 2 weeks. I didn't lose much weight, like 3lbs, but I guess it shrunk my liver enough for surgery. I can't remember if I thought it was horrible, but whatever it was it was doable.

Funny that its no caffeine post op as I recall we got tea in the hospital that the nurses wanted us to drink.

Does it say caffeine or coffee? That being said I had coffee in the hotel after surgery. I was worried I couldn't tolerate it but it went down fine. They had a nice espresso machine at the breakfast buffet. I also had coffee on the Eurostar on the way back.x

I had tea and coffee afterwards no problem hun. I too am a Yorkshire Tea lass xx

Ok great, I’ve made out at work that I’ll change decaf for lent which kind of works out. My pre op diet will start 2nd April. Surgery 16th back to work 25th so will have caffeine then.
My bmi cannot dip below 30 so enjoying my last 6 weeks of current greedy guts xxxx

Hi everyone, I hope you're all good.
So, we're in March. This time in one month I will have completed a day on LRD. There's a worry in my mind and perhaps you guys can provide some advice?
My bmi is 32.3, Frederick has advised they cannot operate on anybody with bmi under 30. That means I cannot lose anymore than 8lbs on this diet.
I think I lost around 1st on my lrd when I was banded, they asked me to complete the pre op diet for one week back then but decided to do it for 2 as I was desperate to start my journey sooner.
Any advice? Frederick knows my weight and has advised I cannot dip below 14st but has still advised of 2weeks low fat diet?
Thanks, Rebecca x

Hi everyone, I hope you're all good.
So, we're in March. This time in one month I will have completed a day on LRD. There's a worry in my mind and perhaps you guys can provide some advice?
My bmi is 32.3, Frederick has advised they cannot operate on anybody with bmi under 30. That means I cannot lose anymore than 8lbs on this diet.
I think I lost around 1st on my lrd when I was banded, they asked me to complete the pre op diet for one week back then but decided to do it for 2 as I was desperate to start my journey sooner.
Any advice? Frederick knows my weight and has advised I cannot dip below 14st but has still advised of 2weeks low fat diet?
Thanks, Rebecca x
I think you need to clarify this with him, as that is just confusing saying you cannot go below, yet he's telling you to do a LRD that will more than likely send you below the criteria. x

I agree, check this out with him, I was in your position too, I was bypassed, nhs, I was receiving conflicting information from different healthcare professionals at Luton regarding my BMI, one said I could not go below another said the lower the better for the surgery, I was extremely close, I even went below in between appointments, in the end I cried out for clarification and was told that they use the BMI at the start of the journey
Good luck xx

Right we have a response from Frederik however I need some advice from you guys, he has responded and said
Make sure your bmi is 30, so do it easy on the diet-just avoid alcohol.
So do you think I eat low fat foods as normal? Obviously no takeaways or fatty foods etc I was expecting to have to weigh my carb, protein and veg etc as I know the portions are small on liver shrinking diet?
I don’t really want to go back to Frederik and ask for clarification as I’d feel silly.
Please let me know what you all think?
Thank you
Rebecca

I’ve thought better of it and asked Frederik for clarification, would still like any views or opinions from you guys x

Back