• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

THG band to MGB in Belgium

Hi Rebecca
I've not set a diary up yet. I can't wait to get my op. I'm starting the LRD on Monday which I think is the part I'm most nervous about. I worry I won't be able to stick to it and I won't be able to have my surgery. This forum has been so useful so far & everyone seems so supportive xx
I wouldn’t worry too much about the lrd, have you been told to just stick to low fat or have they specifically told you otherwise? I remember from my last lrd I did it for 2 weeks I thought I would struggle massively, based on the fact I am just greedy and love to graze. Work at that point was my enemy, always had biscuits, cakes or doughnuts. You will have in your head, it’s so important that you stick to this diet for your long term happiness. If you spoil it you’re spoiling it for yourself. If your heads in it and you’re ready you will fly through it!! Just think, positive mental attitude. Monday is the first day to changing your life, I can’t wait to share it with you.
Rebecca

So this morning I’ve visited my gp. The same lady who I saw last year with concerns over my slipped band.
She had wrote a letter to the bariatric team back in November asking for them to view the barium swallow xrays and give any advice to move forward. Obviously no response to this day. Despite my fortnightly chases via the receptionist.
So I told her today that I had decided to go private and my surgery was 16th April. She advised she will need a discharge letter with aftercare advice noted on there to see why the surgeons would like to happen. I asked for forceval and b12 and omepeozal but she says the letter will provide what they are to do and they will assist where possible. @slimkim did your letter state what was required when you were back home?
Feel much better about things now knowing that my gp will support aftercare. She was also really supportive of the decision, I’ve not told anyone as I don’t like the judgment or opinion. I’m not morbidly obese, my heaviest was over 17st and the lightest around 11st I’m back upto 15st now and trying to nip the whole thing now get my band out and the mgb will assist in getting me back to 11st. I was so happy. I felt amazing. I cannot wait to feel that again.
2 weeks left to enjoy then that it. Pre op diet.
Hope you’re all well.
Rebecca

So this morning I’ve visited my gp. The same lady who I saw last year with concerns over my slipped band.
She had wrote a letter to the bariatric team back in November asking for them to view the barium swallow xrays and give any advice to move forward. Obviously no response to this day. Despite my fortnightly chases via the receptionist.
So I told her today that I had decided to go private and my surgery was 16th April. She advised she will need a discharge letter with aftercare advice noted on there to see why the surgeons would like to happen. I asked for forceval and b12 and omepeozal but she says the letter will provide what they are to do and they will assist where possible. @slimkim did your letter state what was required when you were back home?
Feel much better about things now knowing that my gp will support aftercare. She was also really supportive of the decision, I’ve not told anyone as I don’t like the judgment or opinion. I’m not morbidly obese, my heaviest was over 17st and the lightest around 11st I’m back upto 15st now and trying to nip the whole thing now get my band out and the mgb will assist in getting me back to 11st. I was so happy. I felt amazing. I cannot wait to feel that again.
2 weeks left to enjoy then that it. Pre op diet.
Hope you’re all well.
Rebecca

Yup, you get a discharge letter from Dr Chris. It only has omeprazole on it I think, I cant remember for sure. Maybe ask Dr Chris to write the multi and B12 on the letter too. I'm pleased for you that your GP will be supportive.x

Hi Rebecca
I've not set a diary up yet. I can't wait to get my op. I'm starting the LRD on Monday which I think is the part I'm most nervous about. I worry I won't be able to stick to it and I won't be able to have my surgery. This forum has been so useful so far & everyone seems so supportive xx

Hi Emma
How’s the pre op diet going? Are you feeling alright?
Rebecca

Hi Rebecca

Thanks for asking after me. So far so good with the LRD. Im on day 8 now. I've been sticking to milk, a slimfast shake and a low cal meal at night of chicken / fish with veg. Its got easier as I've gone on which I'm so glad of as I'm a right greedy guts. I've lost 7lbs in a week which was a shock but I just hope my liver is shrinking too!!

This time next week I'll be getting to the hotel. Getting excited now & just want this week over to make a start on the next chapter in my story. Hope you're ok & enjoying your last week's of chowing down lol xx

Hi Rebecca

Thanks for asking after me. So far so good with the LRD. Im on day 8 now. I've been sticking to milk, a slimfast shake and a low cal meal at night of chicken / fish with veg. Its got easier as I've gone on which I'm so glad of as I'm a right greedy guts. I've lost 7lbs in a week which was a shock but I just hope my liver is shrinking too!!

This time next week I'll be getting to the hotel. Getting excited now & just want this week over to make a start on the next chapter in my story. Hope you're ok & enjoying your last week's of chowing down lol xx
Hi Emma,

Really pleased you’re managing alright. 7lbs is fantastic, you’re liver will be just perfect.
Did they advise of milk and low fat evening meal for your lrd or have you just chosen to do it that way?
I’m due to start mine next Wednesday! I’m so excited. Last meal out on Tuesday night as we are celebrating my partners new job!
I’m a bit like that I just want April to be over with x

Hi Rebecca

Congratulations on your partner's new job I hope he's taking you somewhere swanky!. I know what you mean about wanting April over. My 6 weeks wait since I booked my op has seemed like forever. Although I feel great right now. Im actually relieved to have started the LRD as I was just sick of being stuck in the cycle of eating then feeling guilty etc. It's given me a break from that & it's been liberating. Dr Chris advises the low fat diet but I just felt I needed to stop eating for a few days to reset myself if that makes sense? I did 4 days on just milk then gradually introduced the meals from then.

Roll on the 2nd April

xxx

Hi Rebecca

Congratulations on your partner's new job I hope he's taking you somewhere swanky!. I know what you mean about wanting April over. My 6 weeks wait since I booked my op has seemed like forever. Although I feel great right now. Im actually relieved to have started the LRD as I was just sick of being stuck in the cycle of eating then feeling guilty etc. It's given me a break from that & it's been liberating. Dr Chris advises the low fat diet but I just felt I needed to stop eating for a few days to reset myself if that makes sense? I did 4 days on just milk then gradually introduced the meals from then.

Roll on the 2nd April

xxx
Hi Emma,
How are you feeling? How was your journey x

Day 1 of Liver Reducing Diet

Breakfast - Porridge
Dinner - Ham egg beetroot salad
Tea - Salmon, stir fried peppers broccoli mange tout baby corn with a small amount of noodles with soy sauce
Snacks across the day - Banana, satsuma, fat free yoghurt, Alpen light bar.
Drinks - 2litres water, 3 tea and 1 decaf tea

Frederik’s advice was take it easy on the low fat diet and just avoid alcohol.

You think this kind of diet would be ok for 2 weeks?

Day 1 of Liver Reducing Diet

Breakfast - Porridge
Dinner - Ham egg beetroot salad
Tea - Salmon, stir fried peppers broccoli mange tout baby corn with a small amount of noodles with soy sauce
Snacks across the day - Banana, satsuma, fat free yoghurt, Alpen light bar.
Drinks - 2litres water, 3 tea and 1 decaf tea

Frederik’s advice was take it easy on the low fat diet and just avoid alcohol.

You think this kind of diet would be ok for 2 weeks?

I think that sounds like a healthy day. Your liver should be shrinking nicely especially without alcohol.x

I just posted in your other thread. Keep an eye on the carbs portions to make sure your liver gets a chance to reduce enough. I only lost 3lbs in 2 weeks on my low fat/carb diet with BSS.x

I just posted in your other thread. Keep an eye on the carbs portions to make sure your liver gets a chance to reduce enough. I only lost 3lbs in 2 weeks on my low fat/carb diet with BSS.x
Thanks Kim, didn’t have any carb at dinner time and the noodles were such a small amount. Was starving by bedtime!!
Same today ham beetroot and egg salad for lunch. Chicken and veg for tea with 2 small new potatoes. I remember being so shocked at that portion on the liver reducing diet the first time!! With the hospital group I got almost a set menu with what I could choose from each food group! X

Hi Rebecca

Keep going on your LRD. Mine was so much more restrictive & I was shocked to read on my notes that despite losing 9lbs and being strict my liver was still very fatty! Lady in the next bed to me said she'd not been strict at all & weighed alot more than me but only had a mildly fatty liver. Just goes to show. She sadly had he band removed but wasn't able to have the bypass due to lesions on her intestines ( she won't ever be able to have wls!! ) she was so upset & I felt awful for her. My op went ok. The hospital staff are very nice. Can't wait to be discharged & get to know my new "friend" as we venture on our new journey together xxx

Hi Rebecca

Keep going on your LRD. Mine was so much more restrictive & I was shocked to read on my notes that despite losing 9lbs and being strict my liver was still very fatty! Lady in the next bed to me said she'd not been strict at all & weighed alot more than me but only had a mildly fatty liver. Just goes to show. She sadly had he band removed but wasn't able to have the bypass due to lesions on her intestines ( she won't ever be able to have wls!! ) she was so upset & I felt awful for her. My op went ok. The hospital staff are very nice. Can't wait to be discharged & get to know my new "friend" as we venture on our new journey together xxx
Oh my god, how awful for her! How would we even know of what our insides look like, oh dear I hope my band hasn’t caused too much damage in there. I wonder if the band had something to do with the lesions?!
I’m being quite strict, not sure whether to swap the porridge to a protein shake on a morning? Or do full milk diet for a few days prior to travelling.
How was your travel/hotel/surgery? Please tell me as much as you can? Hope you’re feeling as well as you can do!! X

Hi Rebecca. The band hadn't caused her lesions it's was just her physiology & she's been having tests for a few yrs as she had alot of pain in her stomach area. Thyme travel was fine. Taxi was on time. The hotel is nice but doesn't do food apart from breakfast. There's a Lidl about a 7 min walk away to get some supplies in im hoping to take a low walk over later to see what they have in that I can eat. The surgery was quick & you get lots of pain relief if you need it. I can bend over today with very little discomfort it's mainly wind that's causing me a bit of trouble but I'm sure it'll work it's way out soon lol. Dr Chris will come to see you briefly on both days after the op. Im just waiting for my meds so I can get back to the hotel for a shower! Don't worry I'm sure you'll be fine xx

Hi Rebecca. The band hadn't caused her lesions it's was just her physiology & she's been having tests for a few yrs as she had alot of pain in her stomach area. Thyme travel was fine. Taxi was on time. The hotel is nice but doesn't do food apart from breakfast. There's a Lidl about a 7 min walk away to get some supplies in im hoping to take a low walk over later to see what they have in that I can eat. The surgery was quick & you get lots of pain relief if you need it. I can bend over today with very little discomfort it's mainly wind that's causing me a bit of trouble but I'm sure it'll work it's way out soon lol. Dr Chris will come to see you briefly on both days after the op. Im just waiting for my meds so I can get back to the hotel for a shower! Don't worry I'm sure you'll be fine xx
Great! So you were done Tuesday, we’re you sent back to the hotel yesterday or today? Hoping I only have to stay in one day as my partner will be beside himself, however he loves a Lidl I’m sure he will find something to pass the time. Do you have to have a barium X-ray too? Do you go home Saturday? Xx

I think you'll have to stay in 2 nights Rebecca. You'll need it; you'll feel exhausted the day after. I had op Tues out to hotel 1pm today. I feel pretty good today. There were a few of us in hotel who met the morning in the hosp & our partners met up to get some beer / food which made me feel less guilty. Had the barium x-ray yesterday yuk. Made me sick but I was fine after. I've just had a long shower and having a rest as I want to go out for a walk later on with hubby. Feeling pretty good so far PMA as rhey say xx

I think you'll have to stay in 2 nights Rebecca. You'll need it; you'll feel exhausted the day after. I had op Tues out to hotel 1pm today. I feel pretty good today. There were a few of us in hotel who met the morning in the hosp & our partners met up to get some beer / food which made me feel less guilty. Had the barium x-ray yesterday yuk. Made me sick but I was fine after. I've just had a long shower and having a rest as I want to go out for a walk later on with hubby. Feeling pretty good so far PMA as rhey say xx
Aww wow I’m so happy for you!!!!
Sounds like you’ve done great fingers crossed mine is as straight forward.
Question for you, is it nil by mouth on Monday I arrive ready for Tuesday?
Rebecca x

Do they still let you have your last meal before the surgery? We went out for Chinese and it was lush.x

Aww wow I’m so happy for you!!!!
Sounds like you’ve done great fingers crossed mine is as straight forward.
Question for you, is it nil by mouth on Monday I arrive ready for Tuesday?
Rebecca x

I hope yours goes well.x

Back