• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

THG band to MGB in Belgium

Day 1 of Liver Reducing Diet

Breakfast - Porridge
Dinner - Ham egg beetroot salad
Tea - Salmon, stir fried peppers broccoli mange tout baby corn with a small amount of noodles with soy sauce
Snacks across the day - Banana, satsuma, fat free yoghurt, Alpen light bar.
Drinks - 2litres water, 3 tea and 1 decaf tea

Frederik’s advice was take it easy on the low fat diet and just avoid alcohol.

You think this kind of diet would be ok for 2 weeks?
That sound perfect, and lush xxx

Hi Rebecca / Slim Kim

Frederick said I could've gone out for a meal on the Monday night as long I didn't overdo it but I didn't as I knew I'd be sick after the op and didn't want to make it worse. Just sat in a cafe while h7bby has a late lunch & I'm on water. Going to pop to Lidl later to get some yoghurts for me xx

I'm allergic to anti sickness medicine and I had a full Chinese meal the night before my surgery with a lager. It was lush. I ate more rice in that sitting than I had all year :p I was told to finish eating by a certain hour, I think 8pm but it was a year ago so cant remember exactly and stop drinking by midnight so I was nil by mouth from midnight till my surgery the next day. Bart said that my stomach should be empty in time for surgery and I suppose that was okay as my surgery went no problem. I didn't have no sickness except like you the barium swallow made me sick but after that came up I was okay. I drank the coffee and had a yogurt from the breakfast ate the hotel post OP. My partner got me some thick yogurt from lidl and we kept that in the fridge in the hotel room.x

Hi Rebecca

Keep going on your LRD. Mine was so much more restrictive & I was shocked to read on my notes that despite losing 9lbs and being strict my liver was still very fatty! Lady in the next bed to me said she'd not been strict at all & weighed alot more than me but only had a mildly fatty liver. Just goes to show. She sadly had he band removed but wasn't able to have the bypass due to lesions on her intestines ( she won't ever be able to have wls!! ) she was so upset & I felt awful for her. My op went ok. The hospital staff are very nice. Can't wait to be discharged & get to know my new "friend" as we venture on our new journey together xxx
Glad it all went well and your not in too much pain, welcome to the losers bench! Xx

Hi Rebecca / Slim Kim

Frederick said I could've gone out for a meal on the Monday night as long I didn't overdo it but I didn't as I knew I'd be sick after the op and didn't want to make it worse. Just sat in a cafe while h7bby has a late lunch & I'm on water. Going to pop to Lidl later to get some yoghurts for me xx

Hi @bex.wils & @Sarnie how are you both doing with your LRD? I found the weekends hard when i didnt have work to occupy my mind. Keep going ladies. Its a whole new adventure on the other side. I cannot believe how I don't feel any hunger or thirst....incredible. Not long for you both now!! XX
Hi Emma, so chuffed that you’re feeling alright, no hunger sounds amazing!! Can’t wait until it no longer rules my life!!
Today has been alright, banana for breakfast, omelette and beans for lunch and chicken pitta with salad for tea. I’m enjoying what I’m eating I just don’t know if I’m doing low fat enough?!
Started packing my case today so far I have 2 pairs of pjs, pants, fluffy socks and hoody. Any advice?
Are you on liquids only? How long do you have until you can do soft food x

Hi Emma, so chuffed that you’re feeling alright, no hunger sounds amazing!! Can’t wait until it no longer rules my life!!
Today has been alright, banana for breakfast, omelette and beans for lunch and chicken pitta with salad for tea. I’m enjoying what I’m eating I just don’t know if I’m doing low fat enough?!
Started packing my case today so far I have 2 pairs of pjs, pants, fluffy socks and hoody. Any advice?
Are you on liquids only? How long do you have until you can do soft food x

Hi Rebecca yes liquid only for now. I need to check my notes but I think I can add mushy from 14 days? The gas afterwards has been my biggest challenge my tummy is like a beachball & the noises coming out of it are quite funny. You might not need your fluffy socks as you have to wear compression stockings for five days. Plenty of moisturiser. . My skin was so dry in the hospital. Maybe anotber pair of pj's? My drain leaked on my 2nd day.Be prepared to not sleep well in the hospital as you're checked on every 2hrs & they take bloods at 4am! But it's fine as you are being well looked after. Your diet is probably fine. I'm glad you're enjoying it. Dr Chris operated on me despite still having a "severe" fatty liver so I'm sure you'll be ok. My whole experience was great & i wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr Chris & the team. Even the taxi drivers are lovely & helpful. My friend picked us up from the station & couldnt believe how well i looked. I hope your experience is as positive. Xxx

Hi Rebecca yes liquid only for now. I need to check my notes but I think I can add mushy from 14 days? The gas afterwards has been my biggest challenge my tummy is like a beachball & the noises coming out of it are quite funny. You might not need your fluffy socks as you have to wear compression stockings for five days. Plenty of moisturiser. . My skin was so dry in the hospital. Maybe anotber pair of pj's? My drain leaked on my 2nd day.Be prepared to not sleep well in the hospital as you're checked on every 2hrs & they take bloods at 4am! But it's fine as you are being well looked after. Your diet is probably fine. I'm glad you're enjoying it. Dr Chris operated on me despite still having a "severe" fatty liver so I'm sure you'll be ok. My whole experience was great & i wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr Chris & the team. Even the taxi drivers are lovely & helpful. My friend picked us up from the station & couldnt believe how well i looked. I hope your experience is as positive. Xxx
Peppermint tea may help your wind? Oh god that’s what I was meant to ask you about, the drain. I’ve never had a drain is it awful?
Aaah I’m so happy you found it so positive, fingers crossed mine is too. My partner is stressing a lot and is scared for me, my only stress is I’m scared they go in and the band has caused some sort of damage to my stomach and they can’t do the mgb I will be so upset. But trying to think positive and just let it be. Xx

Peppermint tea may help your wind? Oh god that’s what I was meant to ask you about, the drain. I’ve never had a drain is it awful?
Aaah I’m so happy you found it so positive, fingers crossed mine is too. My partner is stressing a lot and is scared for me, my only stress is I’m scared they go in and the band has caused some sort of damage to my stomach and they can’t do the mgb I will be so upset. But trying to think positive and just let it be. Xx
Like you say you just have to let be what will be but I'll have everything crossed for you. Worry / stress is natural but I'm sure once he sees how much this means to you & how quickly you'll be back on your feet (They have you up / walking asap! It really does help though) he'll be fine.
I'm going to get some pepper mint tea tomorrow for the gas. I found the drain more uncomfortable than the other wounds but it's really not that bad & they keep your pain relief topped up. Just thought.... dry mouth spray was a godsend when you're not able to drink anything xx

Hi @bex.wils & @Sarnie how are you both doing with your LRD? I found the weekends hard when i didnt have work to occupy my mind. Keep going ladies. Its a whole new adventure on the other side. I cannot believe how I don't feel any hunger or thirst....incredible. Not long for you both now!! XX
Hi Emma, pleased all is going good for you. I'm doing good on LRD, but you're right weekends are harder always have been for me, but gotta keep focused on the prize. I can't believe how calm I am at the moment. That'll probably change on surgery day lol x

Like you say you just have to let be what will be but I'll have everything crossed for you. Worry / stress is natural but I'm sure once he sees how much this means to you & how quickly you'll be back on your feet (They have you up / walking asap! It really does help though) he'll be fine.
I'm going to get some pepper mint tea tomorrow for the gas. I found the drain more uncomfortable than the other wounds but it's really not that bad & they keep your pain relief topped up. Just thought.... dry mouth spray was a godsend when you're not able to drink anything xx
Emma do we need to pack towels? X

An eye mask and ear plugs helped. I'd fall right back to sleep after their check ups.x

So as I was browsing on here last night I came across a few posts regarding post op holidays. I have a holiday booked 7 weeks post op.
Could anyone advise what the food/drink situation will be?
If I’m honest I’m just really looking forward to a glass of red on the evenings x

So as I was browsing on here last night I came across a few posts regarding post op holidays. I have a holiday booked 7 weeks post op.
Could anyone advise what the food/drink situation will be?
If I’m honest I’m just really looking forward to a glass of red on the evenings x

I had my first alcoholic drink 3 months post op and I was fine. Everyone is different but you should be on regular foods. Depends on how you progress through the stages. BSS aren't as strict as most with their plan but only you can determine what your new pouch is ready for.x

Back