• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

things you can't eat ?

pandora

finding my way again !
I read across the threads things people can't eat ie rice , pasta , chicken & wonder is it different to each person , cos they are staples in my diet & yes I realise I have to change how I eat , but just what CAN you eat ?

Hi Cheryl, Ive been lucky and there is nothing I cant eat. Things like rice and pasta I can only manage small quantities though as they fill me up very quickly.

Thanks Sam , I guess it will be trial & error when the time comes

Cheers guys x

Yep most things go down ok if eaten slowly and well chewed!You wont miss out on anything but it takes quite a few months to get to that stage imo.

I cant eat chocolate, cakes, biscuits or anything with 7g + of sugar per 100g.
I also cant eat apples or pears as they make me feel really icky and sick.
I can eat things like steak etc but only a bite and I struggle with it.
I can eat chicken/turkey etc but only tiny bits as it makes me quite uncomfortably full.
I can eat rice easily and pasta easily as long as its very well cooked and floppy.
Oh and I can drink wine....rose....yummmmmmmmmm hehehe
Steph xx

I don't seem to have a problem with any of those and in fact we have just had a chinese takeaway - naughty I know, but we have been really busy today and didn't have time or the energy to cook anything.

There is a good side, I have two meals boxed up and in the freezer from what I couldn't eat :D.

The only thing I had a problem with was a chocolate CRUSHA pudding that I had yesterday (bit like chocolate custard) made me feel a little sickly. :sigh:

That's good Neeta , I have to say I am looking forward to reduced shopping bills as I am guessing I shall be cooking for 2 rather then 3 & just having a spoon or so off each of their plates :)

That's good Neeta , I have to say I am looking forward to reduced shopping bills as I am guessing I shall be cooking for 2 rather then 3 & just having a spoon or so off each of their plates :)

I was quite worried as to how I would cope with it, but slowly and a little at a time. Friday night I had half an Asda curry with a spoon full of rice and a small onion bhaji. It was absolutely lovely, but I was nicely full afterwards.

So to all those who are thinking that you can't eat normally following a bypass - You can. :D

Absolutely!Ive just prepared lunch for tomorrow we are having soup,roast pork,roast potatoes,carrot and swede,parsnips,stuffing with red onion,pigs in blankets and gravy.Homemade reduced fat/sugar trifle.I intend to taste everything!

Yummy , sounds more like Xmas dinner , hope you enjoy it :)

All ive seen on this thread, is happy wls'ers who are losing weight and eating like normal people. If there is any thread that will sway pre oppers then this is it. Thank you Pandora for starting this thread, I was eager anyway, now i cant wait!!! :gimi: :) xxx

Last weekend we went for Sunday lunch at a pub close to our sons digs & I had the roast turkey meal small portion so managed a good thick slice of turkey, a roast potato, a roast parsnip, the half a large Yorkshire served with it and a bit of the carrots, cabbage, cauli & mashed swede served with it. It filled me to the brim & I had made sure I ate all the turkey first so I had my fill of protein topped off with the rest. It was lovely & I was so pleased to have managed it.

Thanks everyone , this has made me feel positive , I thought I was going to have to give up some of the more healthy stuff I like , I was told in the week cauliflower & broccoli were too fibrous & so a no no but glad to hear not

I can eat any meat at all and just the way I used to I havnt found it's got to be chewed forever but bread is a different story even a slice sits on my chest for hours it's awful. Other than that I've ate and drank all sorts. Dumped three times ist time I was 4 days post op and had porridge that just wasn't smooth enuf. Second time we had been to the chip shop as a treat and I just fell asleep afterwards with no recollection of going to sleep but seemly this is a form of dumping and third time was off 3 sugar free sweets obviously the sugar was replaced with something worse. :)

Its so great to see there is nice food after these operations, i love a good sunday roast and so cant wait - am on liquids so was veg soup sieved today x

Back