• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

This is me.... This is the start of my journey

I'm feeling sooooooo much better.

Did my 7 day weigh in on my 7th day (Saturday). I've lost 14lb since pre-op diet, 8lbs of this since surgery.

I'm shrinking, slowly but surely.

Whoop whoop

I even managed to cook for everyone yesterday and wasn't the slightest bit tempted to indulge. Although it did smell and look awesome.

Hi Lookingforabetterme.
Just wanted to check up on you and see how you're getting along. It's good to hear that you're making great progress. Well done on resisting temptation lol. Does it easier to stay strong after wls than on the pre op? I heard that the huge loss of appetite helps this. How are you adjusting? Xxx

I'm feeling sooooooo much better. Did my 7 day weigh in on my 7th day (Saturday). I've lost 14lb since pre-op diet, 8lbs of this since surgery. I'm shrinking, slowly but surely. Whoop whoop I even managed to cook for everyone yesterday and wasn't the slightest bit tempted to indulge. Although it did smell and look awesome.

Glad you're feeling better!! Xx

Hi Lookingforabetterme. Just wanted to check up on you and see how you're getting along. It's good to hear that you're making great progress. Well done on resisting temptation lol. Does it easier to stay strong after wls than on the pre op? I heard that the huge loss of appetite helps this. How are you adjusting? Xxx

It's not been a problem resisting, much easier than before surgery. Tbh, I'm hardly hungry.

Not managing these tin soups, so made a batch of homemade prawn soup today. That was lush

I'm adjusting well, can't wait to eat purée on Saturday though lol

You sound like you've crack it I like the sound of that soup. I'm never hungry I have to remind myself to eat can be a pain at times.

Maybe a silly question, might happen to others but I thought I would ask.

Ok, so, I'm struggling to drink a pint of water, however it's so easy to drink herbal tea, tea, no added sugar drinks. Is this normal, is this happening to others?

I could go all day from getting up,to going to bed and I know this because a few weeks ago my hubby was fishing I got up late, so it was to late for breakfast and I didn't want lunch, so after two half mugs of tea I pottered around the house, he was late back, one of the kids needed him for something and he went out, by the time he got back I was back up,stairs watching TV, he shouted up had I had tea, I'm afraid to say I shouted Yes I'm ok. At this stage I realised I had had nothing all day and I hadn't even noticed I had gone without food all day. I have only done this once but it made me realise I need to keep,a check on the clock and to make myself eat because it would be so easy to just go without. I never feel hunger not even when I smell food cooking.

Lookingforbetterme,
As long as you have liquids, does not matter what form. I too cannot drink plain water. Has to be mixed with squash and prefer having tea and coffee.

Thanks ladies

Today has been really weird, I've felt hungry, but not sure if I'm hungry or completely bored.

I realised I hadn't eaten enough at lunch time, but I can't describe my feelings today.

Weird.com

Hi ladies and gents

It's been a while, I couldn't log in.

It's been 6 weeks since op, had my check up at the hospital this week and have been given the all clear. My official weigh in is Saturday but so far I have lost 2st 2lb. It's not drastic, but I'm happy. Started running on treadmill and will step the pace up a bit next week when I go back to the gym.

How you guys doing?

Hi ladies and gents It's been a while, I couldn't log in. It's been 6 weeks since op, had my check up at the hospital this week and have been given the all clear. My official weigh in is Saturday but so far I have lost 2st 2lb. It's not drastic, but I'm happy. Started running on treadmill and will step the pace up a bit next week when I go back to the gym. How you guys doing?

That's not a bad weight loss at all. I'm 8 weeks post op and have lost 27lbs - don't forget all those smaller week numbers add up! Well done on the gym work too!

Aud xx

Glad to hear your ok. I'm 9 weeks post op and had a weigh in today. I've lost 3st so far. I'm happy. Your weight loss seems to be on target. I need to join a gym but I'm so info I can't even walk up stairs. I might give swimming a go.

Back