• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Those who have had a TT

mine has been very quick - am having it done privately and had my appt on 18th nov - saw the nurse and surgeon at the same appt, have my pre op tests on 28th and will have the surgery on 9th dec - so that's 3 weeks from start to finish - crimes that is fast isn't it!!

Hi ! Had my TT last Weds (19th) after 1st consultation on 1st Oct. Again went private, so it was more like when it fitted in with the rest of my diary. I'd been researching for a long time though so had a list of 20 or so questions to go through with the surgeon. And early days but so far, so good, really don't regret it (see if I'm saying same in a couple of weeks) pain has not been anywhere near as bad as I expected. Hils

I first saw doctor and very quickly within two weeks saw consultant (after pct had already agreed on funding) the date for surgery was offered in the 16 week period they like to acheive but i had to move the date due (which would have been in that time scale)as i had a holiday booked so was 20 weeks after i was first put on list.

julesrush
cdc norwich

Julesrush that is a fantastic time scale!! Y did your pct agree to funding so quick?? was there a good medical reason? sorry if this is too personal a question, i'm just shocked it all happened so quickly for you.

I've got my surgeon appointment tomorrow (nhs), my GP is refering to the pct, so will just have to wait and see I s'pose. Sooooooo nervous!

i saw my doctor and when i saw consultant my consultant 2 weeks later funding was already agreed and aslong as surgeon said yes i was on list.

The reason i met our particular criteria was maintaining of weightloss, lost over 8 stone and had had 6 children and the vast amount of apron i had which would get infected underneath and basically looked vile.

julesrush
cdc norwich

I put in for funding for the first time back in sept 2007 and was turnt down as they wanted me to maintain my weight for a bit longer
I maintained it for another 8 mths and put in again in may 2008 and they turn't me down again this time stating it didn't cause me any
Psycholigical harm :confused:
I wrote to them again and appealed asking how they thought being left with an 80yr olds body at 30yrs old could not cause
Psycholigical harm and after getting a letter from my psych they said yes to a TT

My first consultant appointment was in jul 2008, he told me what would be done re: the op and then asked me to go away and read the information he gave me and think about whether i really wanted it for 3mths (til my next appointment)
I was annoyed that they would think i needed to think about it any more and sat wishing away the time til my next appointment at the end of oct when i confirmed i def wanted the op and they put me on the list.

I was told the waiting list was 13wks long but i could be in faster if i would accept a short notice date which i agreed to.

3 wks later i got a call saying i could go in 8 days later :)

GP appointment was on 17th Nov, surgeon 26th Nov.............. Op 6th January. That's about 7weeks from 1st appointment to actual surgery.

Back