• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

TT hope!

hi all had the doc's today for the more info for the pct and all was was to see weather i had depression or not and i seam's i do nice hay well i am not on med's for it now well let's hope that this make's them say no as i think i would get more down .
depression​
Hi Shelly,
So still more waiting for you then :( Sorry to hear they think you have depression, hope you are not feeling too bad. Did they give you a timescale of the next step then? xxx

Hi Shelly,
So still more waiting for you then :( Sorry to hear they think you have depression, hope you are not feeling too bad. Did they give you a timescale of the next step then? xxx

hi no the did not say how long but i was looking a the pct for suffolk and if you r depressed then they may consieder you . that is what it say so and my doc said that it look's like it will be a yes for me but not getting my hope's up at all .

Still waiting, seriously how long have i got to be in suspense for????? Am going to phone docs again today to see whats happening and see when the forms got sent off so at least will know realistic timescales!! Will keep you posted xx

Oh Kezzak, defo phone today it has been a while. When I saw your post I thought you had a reply!!!!! lets us know what the docs say

Was copied into this letter from my PS to my GP last week: Not sure if GP has written his letter yet.

I saw this lovely lady in my O/P clinic today. As you know she has had 2 children delivered by caesarean section and has been left with an excessive abdominal overhang, which is causing both functional and psychological probs.
She frequently gets rashes within the fold of the O/H which can be left raw and painful. Psychologically this is also affecting her relationship with husband.
I feel she is a worthy candidate for an abdominoplasty and this could be carried out at ST Georges Hosp. Unfortunately as you know this case needs to be discussed with the PCT. It is often helpful if this application form is backed up by the general practitioners and I suspect you will also be asked to fill out a form/letter. I am putting the wheels in motion and have told the patient that I will write her pending approval from the PCT. She will then be invited back to the clinic to discuss the surgery once more in detail.

Oh Kezzak, defo phone today it has been a while. When I saw your post I thought you had a reply!!!!! lets us know what the docs say
Ah im so sorry to have got your hopes up on news my end ;) no such luck though, i phoned the docs again thurs and my gp is actually still on leave, i was misinformed when i rang last week. So surely next week must be the week that i find out???? I really hope so xxx

Thanks for copying your letter in, it is really good to read what proffesionals have said about others. The letter sounds very hopeful i think and looks like the ps is defo up for it to be carried out for you which is fab!! Just really hope the pct see it the same way too :) When i have got 5 mins i shall type out the letter i got from my ps to the my gp with my case so you can have a look and compare too. Fingers and everything are still crossed for us all x x x x x

Hurrah i finally have 5 mins so here is what my report said from the PS in a nutshell, see what you think....

On examination in the clinic there was a divarication of the rectus with maximum distance of 8cm at the umbilicus. There was some abdominal tissue overhang at the level of the umbilicus with no other associated hernias. She has recently had an umbilical hernia repair with probably a mesh insertion.
I believe an abdominoplasty type operation would be helpful for her with the repair of the divarication, however this does not fit the pct criteria for the abdominoplasty as this is not associated with the 10 point bmi reduction. I have therefore asked her to seek pct funding approval before we can carry on with this. I have discharged her back into your care but would be happy to see her again if she does get this approval.

So what do you think, reading back on it now im not feeling hopeful but hey hoping its not too long to wait now. There was loads of bumph before the above about my pregnancys and medical history but was just going to take too long to set out too. I just hope they will look at the medical route of it as the tuck bit is an huge added bonus on my count from the pct's eyes if you know what i mean.

Hey Kezzak,
It sounds good to me although it does not fit completely into your PCT's criteria he still thinks you should go ahead for it. What PCT are you under, do they only fund for weight loss or for previous abdominal ops also????

Well part of the wait is over.........phoned my docs today and found out that nothing has even gone to the pct, so all that waiting since jan has been for nothing!!!! My gp spoke to the other gp's in the practise and going on the consultant report cant see that it would be agreed so didnt do anything about it. Gutted in the sense that i have been waiting and wasnt told it hadnt even gone. I can accept that they didnt think it was worth it but after speaking to my gp she is going to put it forward to them now. Going on the grounds of my muscle problem (which was actually the thing i went to see them about anyway, not the major overhang), i get pain with it even though the report said i didnt so my gp is going to state this was the original thing i went with. Also it said that i have no known allergies, now i wasnt even asked this question by the consultant but i suffer with terrible hayfever, and what happens when you sneeze, you contract your stomach muscles and again this does cause me pain (may not sound a big deal when written down but at the end of the day it affects me!). So the waiting will start again and i am now waiting for the no from the pct and going to speak to pals to put together an appeal in my own words. At the end of the day i realise that weight has not been a key factor in my problem (apart from my gain and loss of 4 1/2 stone) but surely discomfort should come into it, please correct me if im wrong. Anyway enough of my mini rant and will again keep you posted when i hear something.
Fingers crossed and good luck with all those waiting answers and those due to have ops soon
x x x x x

got the funding for my tummy tuck just got to let them know that i still want it and then i will be on the waiting list
Ah fantastic news, well done you, bet you are so so pleased. Many congrats. Please do let us know when you get your appointment dates etc through. Very exciting x x x x x

Ah fantastic news, well done you, bet you are so so pleased. Many congrats. Please do let us know when you get your appointment dates etc through. Very exciting x x x x x

thank's yer i am pleased i phone my husband and screamed down the phone at him and he thourght that something bad had happend at home but then told him and he is really happy form me as he know's how long i have wanted this done for.
witch is 8 year's so he is right behined me with this all .but really he was the one who told me to go to the doc's then i kepted saying to myself the past four month's that i won't get it and my mate said i will but i don't like gettting my hope's up as nothing really dose go my way .lol . then i got a letter yesterday and i was feeling down and just did not want to do anything then the post turned up (by the way i have been watching everyday to see lol and yes i did take the postman's arm off lol) and got a nice letter so got my mum to wright a letter for me and posted it yesterday first class lol all need to do again is wait lol and i am not one that like's to wait hahaha. ok well i will keep all posted on when i get the appointment . i hope all gose well for you .

Oh well done!!!!!!!
I bet you are well pleased!!!! Keep us posted on the progress. My GP and PS has written to the PCT so I am now waiting for the reply. Keep your fingers crossed ladies!!! xxx Kezzak any news your end yet????

Kezzak, sorry for previous post just seen the post you done two days back!!! That is outrageous! Whether the GP's think you will get the yes or no is 1. not up to them to decide and 2. Errr.....what about keeping the patient informed!!!!! So sorry about this, but defo get it to the PCT and appeal if you have to.

Kezzak, sorry for previous post just seen the post you done two days back!!! That is outrageous! Whether the GP's think you will get the yes or no is 1. not up to them to decide and 2. Errr.....what about keeping the patient informed!!!!! So sorry about this, but defo get it to the PCT and appeal if you have to.
Thanks hon, thats why i was so mad because they should have let me know that it hadnt gone through to the PCT, not leave me since jan for me to have to chase it all up! And the thing that got me is that my consultant said he feels the op would be good for me so work that one out...... anyway i suppose the waiting game starts again obviously with no hope of it happening at all now but appeal will be happening so i can at least put m,y own views across if only for principle sakes now haha. xx

Thanks hon, thats why i was so mad because they should have let me know that it hadnt gone through to the PCT, not leave me since jan for me to have to chase it all up! And the thing that got me is that my consultant said he feels the op would be good for me so work that one out...... anyway i suppose the waiting game starts again obviously with no hope of it happening at all now but appeal will be happening so i can at least put m,y own views across if only for principle sakes now haha. xx

well i hope all goes well with the pct it to took from the ps appoinment witch was 9th jan to just 30th march when the letter was sent by the ps so that is just under 4 month's and that was the suffolk pct so i really hope u do get your's funded . any way it is not up to ur doc's to say yes or no they r not the one's paying out of there bank account's lol just keep buging them . i really hope u do get this . my finger's r crossed for u .

well i hope all goes well with the pct it to took from the ps appoinment witch was 9th jan to just 30th march when the letter was sent by the ps so that is just under 4 month's and that was the suffolk pct so i really hope u do get your's funded . any way it is not up to ur doc's to say yes or no they r not the one's paying out of there bank account's lol just keep buging them . i really hope u do get this . my finger's r crossed for u .
Thanks hon, i shall keep on at them (for now anyway). Just kind of feel like the last 3 months have been so wasted. I think i was at the ps 2 days before you, so for my wait to now start again is a bit frustrating. Oh well i suppose i will be looking at a couple of months to hear anything now. Nevermind not much i can do about it now
x x x x

hi to all just got my pre op appointment today and it is on the 26th may and my op is on the 9th june i really can't wait it is going so fast . but happy i will have a new tummy for when i go on holiday in october good thing i have already changed the holiday date as i was ment to go on the 3rd june lol .i really just can't wait now lol. hope you all are doing well .:D

Back