• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

TT hope!

Just a quicky....
To those that have had TT or been to see a surgeon or someone about a TT and who have had gaps in the stomach muscles, just out of curiosity do you know how far apart your muscles had stretched, was you ever told?
Thanks xxxx

Sorry can't help with your questions but I just wanted to wish you luck. I hope you get the decision you want xx

I got a copy of the letters from the PS and the letter to the PCT from my GP, it says on mine that I have 2cm of rectus divarification...after googling i see this is to do with the gap in my muscles...cant find anything on wether this is ok or not??? Also says that I get recurrent intertrigo underneath the skin. I have been told that if i live in your area and have lost at least 10 points off my BMI and have maintained my weightloss for at least 6 months then I would get it....So i think you are in a better area then I am. Letter was sent to PCT on the 30th Jan and I think the panel meet once a month around the middle, so hopefully it will only be a few weeks till i find out.
Am not keeping my hopes up :(

Any news on your end?

Mandy x

Sorry can't help with your questions but I just wanted to wish you luck. I hope you get the decision you want xx

Ah thanks Donna, i think im ready to be rejected first time round so will make sure i put up a fight and go for it again xx

I got a copy of the letters from the PS and the letter to the PCT from my GP, it says on mine that I have 2cm of rectus divarification...after googling i see this is to do with the gap in my muscles...cant find anything on wether this is ok or not??? Also says that I get recurrent intertrigo underneath the skin. I have been told that if i live in your area and have lost at least 10 points off my BMI and have maintained my weightloss for at least 6 months then I would get it....So i think you are in a better area then I am. Letter was sent to PCT on the 30th Jan and I think the panel meet once a month around the middle, so hopefully it will only be a few weeks till i find out.
Am not keeping my hopes up :(

Any news on your end?

Mandy x

Hi Mandy,
Thanks for your reply, it was just out of curiosity really as i have seen a copy of my report from the PS and my main problem is that my stomach muscles are overstretched causing a big boldge and terrible overhang underneath. The report says that my muscles are 8cm apart which i thought sounded quite a gap so was interested in hearing if anyone else had this too. The thing with me and the criteria though is that my BMI has never been a huge issue as its always been under what they want apart from when pregnant so because i dont fit the bill that way i have to seek funding. My GP was putting everything together to send off, not too sure when i will hear anything but she said it shouldnt be too long. Will keep you all posted and make sure you keep us uptodate too. Horrible the waiting game isnt it and its only been a week or so lol.
Take care and hope you get some news soon
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just an update, I heard from the PCT I didn't get the funding for my tummy tuck.

mandy x
Oh Mandy im so sorry to hear that you didnt get the funding for it, did they give you any reason why? Do you think you will appeal against it? So sorry again and hope that you are doing OK x
I still havent heard anything yet, it has been 2 weeks since i went to the docs so have no idea when they will get back to me, depends how quick my GP sent everything off. Will keep you posted still.
Take care xxx

Hi PSL,
No still nothing this end for me so not too sure which way to take it yet or if it is just my gp was slow off the mark writing to the PCT lol. Its been 4 weeks since i went to my gp so kind of hoping i will hear soon but i suppose time will tell.
Hope things are good with you and not long now until your appointment with the consultant if my memory is correct?
x x x

Hi PSL,
No still nothing this end for me so not too sure which way to take it yet or if it is just my gp was slow off the mark writing to the PCT lol. Its been 4 weeks since i went to my gp so kind of hoping i will hear soon but i suppose time will tell.
Hope things are good with you and not long now until your appointment with the consultant if my memory is correct?
x x x
No not long now, next Wednesday. It's driving me mad not knowing what is going to happen next, still unsure of whether my case will then need to be passed to the PCT. Oh well as you said, time will tell! x

No not long now, next Wednesday. It's driving me mad not knowing what is going to happen next, still unsure of whether my case will then need to be passed to the PCT. Oh well as you said, time will tell! x
Yey not too long to wait now then :) Bet you are nervous, excited and just dying to know what is going to happen. Wishing you all the luck hon that you dont have to go down the PCT route and they say they can go ahead from there :)
I wait for Mr posty each day in hope of hearing something, as the longer it goes on the more i look forward to post coming through the door so i know one way or another xxxx

I know it is really bad, my husband says I am becoming obsessed, but I just need it so much, it really will make a huge difference to my life! I will be so gutted if i get turned down! Yeah heard a lot of people say that once they have seen a PS they are normally through, but this has happened so quickly from being referred from my GP, just think it is too good to be true!

hi Kezzak
just got letter from my gp and it say's that the suffolk pct would like more info ffrom my gp so i have got to go back and see them so at the min it is not a no and not a yes . so i hope that after they get the info i will get fundding well i hope i get my tt . got an apointment for monday morning so figer's crossed .
hope you hear soon about your's hun .

hi Kezzak
just got letter from my gp and it say's that the suffolk pct would like more info ffrom my gp so i have got to go back and see them so at the min it is not a no and not a yes . so i hope that after they get the info i will get fundding well i hope i get my tt . got an apointment for monday morning so figer's crossed .
hope you hear soon about your's hun .
Hey Shelly,
Thats great that you have heard back and great that it is still not a no. I wonder why they have put you over to suffolk then?? Hope that all goes well with the appointment and please do keep us posted. Bet you are so pleased to have got something back :eek:)
Take care x

Hey Shelly,
Thats great that you have heard back and great that it is still not a no. I wonder why they have put you over to suffolk then?? Hope that all goes well with the appointment and please do keep us posted. Bet you are so pleased to have got something back :eek:)
Take care x
Sorry shelly just ignore the question about suffolk as i see from your thread that you must be newmarket area! Good that you can be considered from Cambs or Suffolk ;)
Fingers crossed for you hun x

hi thank's i am glad i heared something back as i think my postman thinks i have been going nut's for the past to month's as if i don't get the post in the door i see him as i take the kid's to school lol .
but got it yesterday when i stoped looking out for mr postman lol but really happy but just trying to think why they need more info if it is about my smokeing i have not smoked since the 11th jan .
and still going strong haha and with 4 kid's a husband and 4 cat's and two hamster's all to sort out i think i am doing well lol. but i have had top move my holiday to october as want my new tummy if they say yes for my holiday lol well that is what i wish for lol . i really hope you hear soon as you had an apointment befour me .and will keep you all posted .

Hi Kezzak,
I'm now 16 days post op from my nhs tt, Our stories are very much the same.
You asked how long the waiting time for pct answer was, i was told they meet once a month to discuss all cases put to them, i waited for four weeks which was hell but then got a call from my ps saying because of the muscle problem it didn't need to go to the pct as it was seen as medical not cosmetical.
So hopefully if your muscles are bad the news will be good for you too.

I have added pics of my discusting over.
It's always nice to compare your tummy to others.

Fingers crossed for you & all others waiting.

hi all had the doc's today for the more info for the pct and all was was to see weather i had depression or not and i seam's i do nice hay well i am not on med's for it now well let's hope that this make's them say no as i think i would get more down .
depression​

Hi Kezzak,
I'm now 16 days post op from my nhs tt, Our stories are very much the same.
You asked how long the waiting time for pct answer was, i was told they meet once a month to discuss all cases put to them, i waited for four weeks which was hell but then got a call from my ps saying because of the muscle problem it didn't need to go to the pct as it was seen as medical not cosmetical.
So hopefully if your muscles are bad the news will be good for you too.

I have added pics of my discusting over.
It's always nice to compare your tummy to others.

Fingers crossed for you & all others waiting.
Hey Bubbles,
Thanks for your post on how things worked for you, always good to hear other peoples journeys. Im still waiting for the post or a call, not too sure if the longer it goes on the better news it could be!
Sounds like our stories are the same then as i have gone down muscle problem route and not cosmetic. I have a large overhang but not enough for them to give the go ahead there and then. My muscles are 8cm apart which is a pretty large gap so im hoping they will think that to and give the yes for it ;) well thats what i hope anyway lol!
How are you doing post op then?
x x x

Back