• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

TT hope!

Kezzak

Hi all,
Im a newbie to this site but thought i would get posting straight away ;o)
Firstly well done to you ladies with all your weightloss and success stories on getting TT's and those who are still waiting i hope you get what you wish for.

Well my story (if your interested haha) is that after 3 pregnancies and getting pretty large and loosing it very quick, i have a disgusting looking tummy with the awful apron and wrinkles galore!! Apart from this i have had no end of problems with my muscles, basically overstretched and now looking like they are still supporting a baby. I have had physio and to no avail has it made them go down, i also had a hernia this year because of it which i had repaired a few months ago.

I went to the docs 4 weeks ago about the muscle ache and pure discust in my appearance and my GP referred me to a plastic surgeon (nhs) which i have an appointment for in a couple of weeks. I really hope something can be done about and they agree to surgery as i think it would make my year, actually no my life.

Anyway i shall keep an update on here as to how it all goes and look forward to chatting and joining in with everyone elses progress.
x x

Well getting pretty nervous now as off to see the PS this wednesday. Keeping all things crossed that they are able to help me. Will let you know what happens, good or bad.

Hope everyone had a nice christmas and New Year xx

hey kezzak,

well good luck for wednesday, my mum had to get a tummy tuck as after losing weight with LL she was left with the apron belly and droopy thighs so she got a thigh lift too and she looks amazing went down 2 more dress sizes too.

all the best xx

good luck at your appointment!!!
will be thinking of you x

great stuff,I got referred but havent heard back yet so you are one step closer than me:cry:

I like the comment about making your life so true

best of luck

Thank you all so much for the good luck wishes, i am a complete bag of nerves as not too sure what to expect in clinic, i think i am just preparing for them to turn me down so my hopes arent to sky high at the mo! Will keep you all posted as soon as i can xxx

how did it go?

i hope all went well . you went to the same hospital as i am on friday i think . could you let me know how it went and let me know what will happen when i go lol as have no clue on what will happen .
as i am bricking it lol sorry for any spelling .

Well went to the hospital yesterday and still not there yet. I havent been turned down but it now falls back into the hands of the PCT and my GP. The plastic surgeon said that i need to have something done with my muscles because of the gap and the overhang can be corrected at the same time. So now i have to go back to my GP to request funding from the PCT. The PS is going to write a report to my gp to go along with it stating what i need doing etc. To be totally honest with you the ps wasnt even going to see me to start with as they thought it was purely cosmetic not medical grounds which was part of the reason i went in the first place. After they examined me they said something would need doing and to be honest the tucking bit is an added bonus to my problem if you know what i mean. So now its back to the docs in a few weeks and take it from there. I suppose it now means the postcode lottery begins. Anyone have any tips of getting round the PCT haha! Or does anyone know how long it could possibly be until the PCT gave their answer on the funding, the PS did say it could be a lengthly process.
Any advise would be fab and will still keep you all updated
xxx

i hope all went well . you went to the same hospital as i am on friday i think . could you let me know how it went and let me know what will happen when i go lol as have no clue on what will happen .
as i am bricking it lol sorry for any spelling .
I did indeed go to the same hospital as you are going to, they werent too bad but it was tricky to even be seen by the PS, but that is purely on my own situation. Cosmetic needs didnt come into it and to be honest would never have seen me just on cosmetic grounds as the woman i first saw said that because of my muscle problems it now changed everything and the PS would want to see me now. Im now going to be on the funding waiting list so to speak to going to have to wait and see what happens. Looks like my bikini is going to have to wait a bit longer yet. Hope that all goes good with you tomorrow and you get to find out there and then. Let me know what they say to you.
x x

well my appointment went well i did see the ps mr price and only two thing's that would make the pct say no is that cause i had baby's and that i am a smoker but i have now given up and that is been since sunday and not had a smoke lol good girl i am i am doing so well. how are you and how is it going with the tt .

Well quick update on me, appointment has been made for next week with the gp so hoping the PS did his report and sent it over by then.
Does anyone have any idea on rough timescales for the gp to put forward my case to the PCT and how long it takes them to come back with an answer?
Hope everyone is good
xxxxxxxxxx

Next update: had docs this week and to be honest felt like a bit of a waste of time!!!! My GP is going to write to the PCT and see what they say but she told me not to get my hopes up to be honest so i think i have put a 'No' in my head now. If it is a no then i am going to ask them why i didnt meet the criteria and then go for it again after April (you never know tax year ending maybe a factor haha!). She said that i should hear soon pretty quick so will wait and see.
I didnt even get to see the report from the hospital as systems were not working properly as she moved rooms so im going to speak to them today to forward me a copy of it.
Will let you all know when i know more
Take care xxx

oh that not good but then again you never know they may say yes to you.
i really hope that you get it but at the min i am waitting to hear .but i am keeping my finger's crossed for you . i know some one that had it done and she did not need it done .then she had to have it done again as it was not as it was when she was younger and that was all on nhs witch i think is unfair . but i hope you do get it . good luck.

Thanks shelly, fingers are well and truely crossed for you too, the waiting game is the hardest i think as it is totally out of our hands. Oh well as they say 'what will be will be'. I spoke to my docs yest and they are printing me a copy of my hospital report for me to collect today so be interesting to see what the PS said about me.
Keep us posted on your progress too when you get some news
Take care xxx

Im playing the waiting game for the same thing, saw my gp this morning and he is writting a letter to the pct for funding. Which pct are you with? Im with North Lincs, not a very good one for funding this stuff :(

Im playing the waiting game for the same thing, saw my gp this morning and he is writting a letter to the pct for funding. Which pct are you with? Im with North Lincs, not a very good one for funding this stuff :(
Hi Mandy,
Ah come join us in the waiting game then :) Fingers crossed that you get to hear some good news real soon. Did they give you any indication how long it would take the pct to get back to them? Mine seems to think it will be pretty quick so hopefully it will. My pct comes under cambs. My GP told me she referred someone recently who was successful so we shall see.
Anyway good luck and let us know when you hear something
x x

Back