• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Throwing up...

salski

Question - does anyone else suffer with pouch restriction/throwing up every meal and or belly ache around the time of their periods as well as diorrhea?

Sally

I dont (obviously dont have the periods) but am never sick. Things ok hunny? x

Cannot answer for everone but in my case i do feel uncomfortable when eating at totm. janey:D:D

Yeah...last month when I was due on I was chucking everything up and didnt eat for 2 days...also getting bad belly ache and diarrhoea ...Im not due on nw but the same thing is happening! Just had a teeny bit of my tea and its sat all rong and chucked it up...thats the 3rd time today!

Its not like being sick when you eat too fast...its literally throwing my guts up! Feel like crap again :(

I have no idea abouts womens things shall we say ;-) but i will come back with the only response any bloke will come up with when he hears of a woman being sick........... you preggers Sal? ;-)

If not..... You should speak to your doc really, being sick etc isnt good for anyone, especially us post oppers x

Sal are you still taking yor antacids - I ran out of mine and had the same trouble with sickness for the whole week til I could get some more. If you are takong your antacids go back a stage and have fluids for a day and give your pouch a rest a we can get in to a bit of a cycle of eating, getting sick, eating, getting sick then the pouch gets swollen and the cycle continues. If the sickenss and diahorrea continues beyond tomorrow seek medical advice.

Haha - pregnant - I hope so...sooo much! But dont as its way way too early post op...Ammori would shoot me!

Nah seriously I feel rotten! and it is a bit strange...last month I put it down to either something I ate or periods...this month though...its not that time and I have not eaten anything dodgy :S

Sal are you still taking yor antacids - I ran out of mine and had the same trouble with sickness for the whole week til I could get some more. If you are takong your antacids go back a stage and have fluids for a day and give your pouch a rest a we can get in to a bit of a cycle of eating, getting sick, eating, getting sick then the pouch gets swollen and the cycle continues. If the sickenss and diahorrea continues beyond tomorrow seek medical advice.

Thanks Terri hun - yeah I am taking my lanzoprazole, but I forgot them yesterday and not had todays...will defo have them later. Makes sense what your saying about the swollen thing though.
Thanks for this. I will see how I get on tomorrow :D

Sally x

Aww, Sal that is terrible. I agree with what Terri said tho, I call it the vomit cycle and it can happen post-op. Just take it easy and see how you do after taking your tablets. Feel better!

Nic:p

Hope ya better soon mate! Cant have u ill, i cant organise this night out on my own lol x

Thanks guys - having a strange day emotions wise which is not helping...always feel like I only ever post when there is something wrong :)
Thanks for your concerns though x

It's been a while for me lol, but I always used to get the runs a couple of days before I came on. Not so much sickness though, although I would go off my food during totm.

I am so sorry. I hope the sickness ends for you soon.

Hi Sal, Im glad you've asked this question because I too have noticed my restriction is much tighter around totm, although as I'm only 2 months out I thought I was imagining it!

I havent been sick or had the runs though - but I definitely eat less which is quite ironic considering it used to make me completely stuff my face for 5 days pre op!

Hey hun so sorry your feeling great at the mo hope it sorts it self out soon for you tho:)
Sharon

Oh Sal sorry to hear this is happening.

I have to say for the past 17 years, since I had my son, and also before that but not as bad I have always thrown up, been nausious, had a loose bowel around totm.
Like you proper projectile vomiting, usually in the middle of the night, I would wake up go green around the gills and dash too the loo just in time for projectile! Also unable to keep anything down.

More times now though I am unable to eat at totm because my digestive system locks shut in the middle of the night and goes into painful spasms which I have to take glyceril trinitrate for in orde for the digestive system to start working again (pre op). Its hard to tell how things are going to pan out as im just 1 week post op and it has been totm at the same time ho hum.

And all this before having a bypass!

I have to say that for the past 7 years the esomeprazole has reduced this, I was hoping that having the bypass would have helped a little as I understand it is all related to the Gastro eosopheagal reflux disease (in my case not caused by weight although obviously the weight doesnt help).

I really hope this doesnt continue post bypass.

I have to agree with tesmarelda get the lansoprazole back into your system. I wont put anything past my lips on any day until I have taken it, I wake up and take, well now its zoton fast tab but prolly they will put me back to esomeprazole once pouch has healed, and then get on with the day.

Hope you get t the bottom of it soon

Phoebe Xx

Back