• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tier 3 Weight Loss Management Programme

Lynne, how much have you lost on tier 3?? I am on my last month of tier 3 at Southampton and have actually ended up PUTTING ON weight!! This may just be excuses but the first month I was away on all inclusive holiday so put on 8lb then, managed to lose a few pounds, then had Xmas so put on about half a stone then, so not good!! So dreading to think what the outcome will be!! In sure I won't be put forward for surgery if I haven't lost anything on tier 3?!? Now I'm feeling so low in mood coz feel like this was my only chance for surgery and don't know what to do! My final appointment with Faye is next week x

Hi!! Ive been reading your thread and i too am on 3 tier weight management programme at spire Southampton. Im in Andover. Im currently half way through, seen faye the dietion 3 times seeing her again in 2 weeks, caroline twice and exercise lady once. Ive felt much better since reading your thread as i relate to a lot of what u have said and seeing u are booked in for surgery gives me hope! Ive been honest and asked questions about surgery as i really feel its my last option. They have both said its a good idea to talk to a surgon at least. Im hoping to be finished in March so looking for report to be
sent to gp in April. It was gp who suggested surgery and the program. So im hoping i should have a positive outcome. I just wondered how soon after u finished the 3 tier u waited for reports ect and how long u waited for a chat with the surgon. Any info u can give would be fab as they are all quite vauge in regards to surgery in the program. Hope to hear from u soon x

Hi
I am at the same point as you on the Tier 3, but in Essex. Would be great to keep in touch.

Lynne, how much have you lost on tier 3?? I am on my last month of tier 3 at Southampton and have actually ended up PUTTING ON weight!! This may just be excuses but the first month I was away on all inclusive holiday so put on 8lb then, managed to lose a few pounds, then had Xmas so put on about half a stone then, so not good!! So dreading to think what the outcome will be!! In sure I won't be put forward for surgery if I haven't lost anything on tier 3?!? Now I'm feeling so low in mood coz feel like this was my only chance for surgery and don't know what to do! My final appointment with Faye is next week x

I n vet lost any! Stayed the same! They write a report then it goes back to your doctor and you have to ask your doctor for referral! My day cutie sent mine off on 8th dec! Saw surgeon 15th jan! Op is this Thursday 12th

I lost 24lbs on weigh ahead at southampton and they recommend I could loose weight alone with support , I went back to my gp and had my surgery on sep 25 th 2014' 19 weeks post op now and 5 stone 2lbs lighter

I n vet lost any! Stayed the same! They write a report then it goes back to your doctor and you have to ask your doctor for referral! My day cutie sent mine off on 8th dec! Saw surgeon 15th jan! Op is this Thursday 12th

That's great to read you didn't lose loads on weigh ahead then. Did they recommend for surgery in their letter to GP Lynne? That's gone so quickly for you, amazing! Keep us all posted! What surgery are you going for? Good luck xx

I lost 24lbs on weigh ahead at southampton and they recommend I could loose weight alone with support , I went back to my gp and had my surgery on sep 25 th 2014' 19 weeks post op now and 5 stone 2lbs lighter
Amazing, what surgery did you have? Any regrets?? Well done! X

I had a mini gastric bypass , I regretted it the day I came home from hospitall,I was at my lowest low, and in pain, it's hard. For the first six weeks, really hard, so don't be thinking it's plain sailing,
Now I don't regret a thing, I'm eating normal ,I don't eat bread , but do have toast , if I have crumpets I toast them,as they are easy to digest crisp,
Eating normal home cooked family meals, but very much so smaller portions,
Off for an indain tonight, but I have a chicken tikka starter as a main ,and Nick two spoonfuls of my husband rice,

I had a mini gastric bypass , I regretted it the day I came home from hospitall,I was at my lowest low, and in pain, it's hard. For the first six weeks, really hard, so don't be thinking it's plain sailing, Now I don't regret a thing, I'm eating normal ,I don't eat bread , but do have toast , if I have crumpets I toast them,as they are easy to digest crisp, Eating normal home cooked family meals, but very much so smaller portions, Off for an indain tonight, but I have a chicken tikka starter as a main ,and Nick two spoonfuls of my husband rice,

Well done, sounds like you are doing brilliantly! Thanks for the info xx

That's great to read you didn't lose loads on weigh ahead then. Did they recommend for surgery in their letter to GP Lynne? That's gone so quickly for you, amazing! Keep us all posted! What surgery are you going for? Good luck xx

My report actually said they wondered whether I could adjust! But to be honest I was worried they may suggest I could do it alone if I lost loads! After this process it's your doctors decision whether you are referred! I am having rny as I have hiatus hernia and suffer with acid reflux! The surgeon decided what he would give me! It's not an easy path but it's my last chance I feel as putting yourself through this there is no way I am gonna cheat or not follow the rules!

Hi Curls40
So it doesn't matter if the Tier 3 recommend you can loose weight without surgery as long as your GP refers you? Did the hospital not comment on the recommendation from your Tier 3?

My doctor I am registered with has never been supported I went to another doctor who referred me for tier 3 and surgery but she wasn't stick thin like my doctor!

I don't think. All doctors are supported of this programme, also not sure if surgery comes out of their funding?.

Back