• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tier 3?

Bling Babe

I keep hearing 12 months too, which seems so long?! When I’ve researched it says 6-12 months so maybe it goes by the individual? All I know is that you’re expected to lose 5%. I’m
Interested to know what happens if you reach your 5% sooner?! Does that mean you’ve finished? I have a lot of questions to ask, no doubt you have all the same questions lol. I’ll definitely keep you updated. It’s nice to know that we’re on the same path at the same time x
It depends on your BMI and if you have any co-morbidity’s and unfortunately losing your 5% doesn’t speed things up but you must keep the 5% off for the whole assessment period (6/12 months)
Good luck look forward to your updates xxx

Stokes2020

It really is nice to have someone on same journey and under same hospital, especially as your a week in front, I get the low down on what to expect the following week - ha ha x
So I saw the Dietitian yesterday, she was so lovely and understanding. There was no mention of doing tier 3?!! She recommended I go see the doctor to get some help with my Anxity as surgery can make anxiety worse so she wants it’s managed before we can move forward. She then explained she’d write with a follow up appointment for 3 months time where she’ll then discharge me and put me forward for the group information session at Orpington. Once I’ve attended that meeting I’ll get referred back to the Surgeon who’ll then put me on the list. So now I just wait for my next appointment ☺️

Bling Babe

That’s great news, the ball is well and truly rolling now, good luck and thanks for the update x

MrsEvans2015

Aww that’s brilliant, I’ve got my appointment tomorrow, did you have to have blood tests or anything? So please the ball is rolling for you, I’ll let you know how I get on tomorrow xx

So I saw the Dietitian yesterday, she was so lovely and understanding. There was no mention of doing tier 3?!! She recommended I go see the doctor to get some help with my Anxity as surgery can make anxiety worse so she wants it’s managed before we can move forward. She then explained she’d write with a follow up appointment for 3 months time where she’ll then discharge me and put me forward for the group information session at Orpington. Once I’ve attended that meeting I’ll get referred back to the Surgeon who’ll then put me on the list. So now I just wait for my next appointment ☺️
Aw

Stokes2020

Aww that’s brilliant, I’ve got my appointment tomorrow, did you have to have blood tests or anything? So please the ball is rolling for you, I’ll let you know how I get on tomorrow xx

Aw
Nope, no blood tests, she just weighed me.
Recivied my follow up appointment already for the 7th Feb at Orpington hospital xx

Last edited:

Stokes2020

Did she mention anything about liver diet or 5% weight loss x
Nope nothing, I’m already trying to diet so maybe that’s why she didn’t mention it? But she said I shouldn’t worry to much if I don’t lose. She was so lovely. You’ll have to let me know how you get on xx

Bling Babe

Aw
Good luck tomorrow

Stokes2020

Stokes2020

She was really lovely, but said it could take up to 2 years ... I’m praying it’s sooner... I have received my next appointment to see her on the 21st February & an appointment to see DR Neff at Kings on the 8th Feb x
Oh I’ve only received an appointment to see her and no one else?! Have you been referred to kings for tier 3? x

MrsEvans2015

Oh I’ve only received an appointment to see her and no one else?! Have you been referred to kings for tier 3? x

To be honest I’m not sure what tier 3 is or where I actually am on the scale of things... looking at my letters, one is for Orpington Hospital and one is at kings... I only received my letter for dr Neff yesterday, so could be that yours is in post x

Stokes2020

To be honest I’m not sure what tier 3 is or where I actually am on the scale of things... looking at my letters, one is for Orpington Hospital and one is at kings... I only received my letter for dr Neff yesterday, so could be that yours is in post x
Tier 3 is a diet, no diet was mentioned to me?
I’ve got my follow up appointment for Orpington on the 7th Feb and I’ve received a copy of all the notes and blood results and still nothing was mentioned? But when I saw her I had given her a lists of dates and diets I’ve tried in the last 5 years so maybe that’s why?? No
Idea ‍♀️ X

Stokes2020

We’ll have to ask in our next appointments.. I haven’t got a clue what appointments are for what xx
The dietician refers for tier 3 at either Kings or Kent. No idea why I’ve not been referred but I’m hoping that’s a good thing as it makes my wait list shorter?? Roll on Feb for my next appointment x

Honeydipdap

The dietician refers for tier 3 at either Kings or Kent. No idea why I’ve not been referred but I’m hoping that’s a good thing as it makes my wait list shorter?? Roll on Feb for my next appointment x

Kings list is at least 3 years, that’s coming from someone who was internally referred by a senior registrar.

MrsEvans2015

Tier 3 is a diet, no diet was mentioned to me?
I’ve got my follow up appointment for Orpington on the 7th Feb and I’ve received a copy of all the notes and blood results and still nothing was mentioned? But when I saw her I had given her a lists of dates and diets I’ve tried in the last 5 years so maybe that’s why?? No
Idea ‍♀️ X

Hi, I’ve got my appointment on Friday at Kings, with Dr Neff, just wondering if you’ve had the same yet, not sure what to expect ... I’ve been given appointment for 3rd April for group meeting and 4th July to be hopefully signed back by dietian to Dr El Halsini x

Stokes2020

Hi, I’ve got my appointment on Friday at Kings, with Dr Neff, just wondering if you’ve had the same yet, not sure what to expect ... I’ve been given appointment for 3rd April for group meeting and 4th July to be hopefully signed back by dietian to Dr El Halsini x

I had my group meeting a few weeks back at Orpington with the dietian and Dr Neff. I had to fill out a questionnaire and then Dr Neff went through it all and sent a letter to everyone stating all was good to go ahead. I have my 2nd dietian appointment on Thursday where I’m hoping to then get signed back to Dr El Halsini. At the group meeting we were told when we go back to see Dr Halsini we’ll sign all our consent forms then just wait. As far as Dr Neff knew the wait time is around 10 months from
Signing . Will know more Thursday I guess xx

MrsEvans2015

I had my group meeting a few weeks back at Orpington with the dietian and Dr Neff. I had to fill out a questionnaire and then Dr Neff went through it all and sent a letter to everyone stating all was good to go ahead. I have my 2nd dietian appointment on Thursday where I’m hoping to then get signed back to Dr El Halsini. At the group meeting we were told when we go back to see Dr Halsini we’ll sign all our consent forms then just wait. As far as Dr Neff knew the wait time is around 10 months from
Signing . Will know more Thursday I guess xx

I love your messages, they make me feel so much better lol! So Dr Neff is no blood tests or anything like that, just questions as such ... the all is really rolling for you, I’m so pleased for you, mine seems to be taking forever! There’s a fab Facebook group a friend told me about it, it’s all those under and it’s called Mr El Hasini, it’s people that have had there surgery or at all different stages, it’s so useful, definitely worth joining xx