• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Time length in surgery

Gladys Friday

Can anyone tell me the length of time you are in surgery for the gastric bypass, the mini gastric bypass and the sleeve please.

Thanks

Debbie

I think I was 2/3 hours with a sleeve xx

My surgeon had a bit of "trouble" with my bypass which meant the pouch was smaller than he usually does I was in there 3hrs 10 mins

Nearly four hours with my bypass but I'd just had my gallbladder out four weeks before and I also had scarring and lesions on my pancreas that needed dealing with.

mine was around 4 hours long don't know if that normal or not

Can anyone tell me the length of time you are in surgery for the gastric bypass, the mini gastric bypass and the sleeve please.

Thanks

Debbie
I think from what I've read it's between 2-4 hours for all of them as it depends on existing medical conditions and the bigger/ larger patient it takes longer etc. So it depends on the Patient and your Surgeon.

I was in for 100 odd minutes. I had a sleeve, with a previous open procedure to remove my gall bladder and appendix (so there were adhesions).

Back