• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

wrap v sleeve

Caren

Love my sleeve!!
hello matey peeps :)

ive been looking into the sleeve and have come across the wrap, and from what i can gather, its like the sleeve, only instead of cutting the length of stomach off, they fold it inside itself. Is the weightloss the same as the sleeve? are there any benefits from it?

Give me your knowledge please :D

With the sleeve they tend to cut out the hunger gland, in the wrap its just that, wrapped up so there is more of a chance of hunger (I've had none at all so far). Though there is no guarantee that the gland will be removed it depends where it is in the stomach, there is less long-term stats with the wrap as it is still relatively new procedure. Its like having a band on the tightest restriction with immediate effect :) xxx

With the sleeve they tend to cut out the hunger gland, in the wrap its just that, wrapped up so there is more of a chance of hunger (I've had none at all so far). Though there is no guarantee that the gland will be removed it depends where it is in the stomach, there is less long-term stats with the wrap as it is still relatively new procedure. Its like having a band on the tightest restriction with immediate effect :) xxx
oh i see! thanks Clare :) has your weight loss gone well?

Hi Caren, i had the wrap back in October and have lost over 3 stones since op. No hunger worth reporting and you can eat "normal" foods after just a few weeks (no liquidising everything!) Weight loss had stalled recently(im blaming Xmas!) but its started to come off again now :)

Hi Caren

We are seeing more and more wrappers and sleevers on here who all seem to be doing well.

The only longer term wrapper I know is my colleague who had a gastric wrap a number of years ago in south africa while he was working out there. He lost 6 stone in 3 months, then lost another two within the year which is really fast. His op was sightly different to a normal wrap though as the reason he had it was to create a new esophagus, severe acid reflux had destroyed the orginal one.

What I will say though is that he is still type 2 diabetic so the weight loss has not improved that health issue.

People at work who dont know about our ops often comment on the small amount of food we both eat (me with my band) ;)

Hi Caren, i had the wrap back in October and have lost over 3 stones since op. No hunger worth reporting and you can eat "normal" foods after just a few weeks (no liquidising everything!) Weight loss had stalled recently(im blaming Xmas!) but its started to come off again now :)

Hi Gaz
Well done on your losses so far, I am not hungry at all but have been struggling to eat, I had to have my stomach wrapped x 3 instead of the normal 2 so I am prob more restricted than some.
Did you put on any weight over Xmas and how much are you looking to lose overall :)
Thanks
Clare

thanks everyone :) xxx

Hi caren you are always so helpful to people on here and now you have a turn. There is a lot of information on the wrap also called plication either on google or on you tube. Apparently I am told that there is less chance of complication such as leakage. They do not do the wrap in Uk at the moment though.

Hi caren you are always so helpful to people on here and now you have a turn. There is a lot of information on the wrap also called plication either on google or on you tube. Apparently I am told that there is less chance of complication such as leakage. They do not do the wrap in Uk at the moment though.
Thank you angee, much appreciated :) xxx

Don't know anything about the wrap, my lovely, but hope these posts help you make a decision xxx mwah :):)

thanks i have :)

bypass it is :D hahahaha mwah xxx

I had the sleeve the same day as Nomoreyoyo and I am very pleased with my progress. I dont really think that there is much difference apart from the hunger thing possibly. However the first week I had constant hunger pains and was quite worried about it as it was a real issue in my choice of op as I am not good if I feel hungry.
Now 9 days on I am no longer getting hunger pangs and am gradually getting used to working with my sleeve.

You are such a kind person and always take time to comment on everyones posts that I thought I would return the compliment xx

I had the sleeve the same day as Nomoreyoyo and I am very pleased with my progress. I dont really think that there is much difference apart from the hunger thing possibly. However the first week I had constant hunger pains and was quite worried about it as it was a real issue in my choice of op as I am not good if I feel hungry.
Now 9 days on I am no longer getting hunger pangs and am gradually getting used to working with my sleeve.

You are such a kind person and always take time to comment on everyones posts that I thought I would return the compliment xx

oh that is so very kind of you, thank you :) xxx

I wanted the sleeve but was told i'd have faster resolution for the diabetes with a bypass. Everyone I've seen with a sleeve though is losing weight at the same rate as a bypass and the evidence shows that the chance of regain years down the road is less likely with a sleeve as it doesn't affect the insulin etc.

Are you thinking of going private for wrap/sleeve Caren.

Gaz, would you let me know a typical day's diet for you now.

Hi Caren,

I don't know much about the wrap - though it wasn't on offer when I went to see my surgeon, I had considered the sleeve, but it gives massive reflux apparently, and as i have a genetic reflux problem, the bypass was suggested as my best option, though he said he would do the sleeve if i really wanted it. As i was paying for the best I thought i had better go with what he offered me.

Saying that, I have since wondered if the Sleeve would have been best - but feel If I had that I would easily get back to bad eating habits - specially as i have been on a stall for 3 weeks.

All in all I think the Bypass was best for me.

xx

Are you thinking of going private for wrap/sleeve Caren.

Gaz, would you let me know a typical day's diet for you now.
i was minime, but not now :)

Thanks Doughie :) xxx

Back