• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

time off work.

BECKYBROWN80

hi everyone. just wondering how much time on average people need for recovery.as i have just used 3 weeks sick pay and prob got another 3 ish left plus a few days hol left.
thanks xx

You may find you cant mix your hols with sick otherwise it breaks up your sick leave and rather than just having 1 long-term sick you'd end up with 2 sorter ones - unless you tag your leave onto the end of your post-op recovery :) xx

my doctor gave me 6 weeks off, but depends what your job is hun... i work on a busy till at a shop and have to help a lot of disabled people with there shopping.. im hoping to go back on the 9th, but due to a water infection my doc says i may need another week off, i will find out on wednesday x

My surgery is far less invasive so I have 2weeks off, which inc the 6 days that I am away plus another week. I am also going to tell my Regional that for the following 2 weeks I will be part-time (which for me is an 8-9hr day) !1!

xxx

i had duodenal switch and my muscles were very badly damaged so i've had 6 weeks off and then will probably need another couple because i can't sit upright for 7 hours at a time in a computer chair :) i believe though that depending all is well it's usually about 4 weeks x good luck

i would ask your gp to sign you off work for 4 weeks... if you feel ok after a couple then go back to work... i think everybody is different after surgery and of course depends on the type of surgery you have had, and also how physical your job is... lifting is defo a no no for 6 weeks x

hey guys i took 2 weeks off, but its a very personal thing and you have to go off how you feel... i do think i could have done with another week tho i just took things very very steady xxx

I was originally going to have only 2 weeks off but was so very tired after the op that i am not going back to work until tomorrow now. i have been off since 29th november some of it holiday but 4 weeks sick all in all i still get tired but am keen to get back to work now.

I have an office job and had just over 2 weeks off.

I had just under 2 weeks ... I'm a carer but just went back for light dutys ... Wish I took longer off as I got a skin infection a round my scar .... Very painful x

thanks guy. hopefully 3 weeks sick will do and if i need to can use last few days hols. cant afford not to get full pay!!!! just have to see how my body reacts. xx

I work in a primary school n went bk after 2 wks other than a bit tired wen I got home u wouldnt think I'd had an op everyone was saying how well i looked x

I work in a primary school n went bk after 2 wks other than a bit tired wen I got home u wouldnt think I'd had an op everyone was saying how well i looked x

two weeks! thats made me feel a bit better. having just had 3 weeks off the thought of 4 plus weeks off is not an appealing one! i have the option of light duties and being management can always skive a little if i need to! lol lets just hope it is all smooth sailing :) thanks x

i had 12 weeks off. I worked with children who had severe challenging behaviour - one hit in the stomach wasnt worth the risk!

i got to admit i was so ready to go back to work at week two, but i got a water infection and it set me back 3 weeks.. im hoping to go back next monday x

Back