• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Time scale for nhs funding from gp referral?

It's a shame everywhere isn't the same for funding xxx good luck :)

Hi Hayley77

I am under Stockport PCT and have been since December 2009. I have had surgery rejected on 3 occasions and even though they have changed the funding criterea last year, (I have a BMI of 52 but you still had to have co-morbidities then, but not now) they are still demanding that I loose 2.5 stones before they will consider me, to provew that I am showing committment. I too had to undergo the 10 week Change your Life course and see Tara who is in charge of Weight Management for Stockport PCT. Then I had to attend monthly weigh ins which I did for a long time. I's be surprised if you get away without having to do this but you never know, things might have changed.

I wish you the very best of luck and keep us informed

Hi Hayley77

I am under Stockport PCT and have been since December 2009. I have had surgery rejected on 3 occasions and even though they have changed the funding criterea last year, (I have a BMI of 52 but you still had to have co-morbidities then, but not now) they are still demanding that I loose 2.5 stones before they will consider me, to provew that I am showing committment. I too had to undergo the 10 week Change your Life course and see Tara who is in charge of Weight Management for Stockport PCT. Then I had to attend monthly weigh ins which I did for a long time. I's be surprised if you get away without having to do this but you never know, things might have changed.

I wish you the very best of luck and keep us informed

hi jane
have you had any joy with tara and funding yet

Back