• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tipping points.

Tyraboots

Did any of you have a tipping point on your scale, where beyond a certain weight you began to have physical difficulties?
Personally, I seemed to hover at the 21 stone mark for years. But when my weight tipped the 24 stone mark I became almost house bound. At 21 stones I was not able to walk any kind of distance or get in and out of chairs, do stairs that sort of thing. But when I hit 24 stones that was when I really physically turned into someone who couldn't leave the house, or move properly at all. I would have described myself as disabled. It was a really scarey time for me, and coincided with my friends, for the first time, voicing concerns about my weight.

I stayed at 27 + stone for 7 yrs but not sure why did not seem to have many probs, i was working full time and had an active life and was in my mid 30`s. then i got sciatica which became very bad and i suddenly was on lots of pain meds but still carried on some things but had to give up work.
What is so weird is that since June this year i have lost 45lbs but still my health is getting worse, i now have osteoarthritis and my sciatica is so bad am not taking opiate based meds.
My doc said he thinks that my body has finally had enough and although i am very healthy internally, on the outside it is just giving up.
I personally think that unless i drop a massive amount of weight like poss 5/6 more stones then i wont even notice the diff in my health, that is why my surgery is so important for me.
I now weight 24.10 from 27.13 in June and i am disabled, i cant walk outside without my stick, my legs collapse many times each day, i have to go up the stairs on my hands and knees and i am really am housebound and in constant pain all day long, this is really hard for me at the mo and i am sick and tired of just existing and not living.

That is very sad to read. I am upset for you, you have had more than your fair share of trouble that's for sure. You are a lot stronger than you think you are. You are an inspiration to us that post here. It is because you are very honest and straighforward about the problems you have faced, you have shown people that surgery is not the cure all easy procedure that it can sometimes appear.
Ultimately you have done yourself the biggest favour you could do. And it is a big step and tranformative. You will get there in the end, you are on the way. But I think you are in the same place many people find themselves, in that you can't see the finishing line. It is there, just believe it, it will,l and is, happening for you. This too will pass.

hi, in april i tipped the scales at 22 stone 3lb the most ive ever weighed in my life, id given up smoking over 2 years ago and gained 4 stones, as a result my personal hygeine suffered as i couldnt reach properly as my stomach was in the way, i didnt ever want to go out as i never had any clothes to fit me and looked awful in the ones that did, i couldnt walk the dog or my daughter to school as i would get so easily out of breath, it was a struggle to get in and out of the bath and i couldnt even turn over in bed, i was really starting to get depressed about my weight i would think about it every minute of every day. i used to be such a sociable person and loved life but it was getting to the stage where i hated getting up in the morning. Then may 13th came the day of my gastric bypass i didnt realise what a change this would make to my life, 6 months later here i am gone from 22 stone 3lb to 15 stone thats a loss of 7 stone 3lb, im in heaven! I met up with some old mates last night wearing size 18 fitted trousers and a size 16 top! i was just like my old self out having a laugh and enjoying life again, i am so grateful for being given this chance of happiness again because without it id hate to think where id be now.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back