• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tips for helping with potential excess skin??

sunnyJ

HI everyone,

I just wondered if anyone has any tips for minimising excess skin??? I have been big for at least 13 yrs so I know i will have some .. Plus I'm just over 40 now :-(

los in it

Ive getting use to my excess skin but I dont like it ive not seen anything other than skin removal surgery to really get shot of it I read about toning and exercise but like you but much longer ive been overweight for 20 years so my baggy skin is not great
I look forward to seeing other responses

Crystalrainbow

Have been overweight all my life and heading towards the big 50 now so floppy skin was always going to happen after such a big loss..... no way could I possibly put myself thur surgery so its a case of learning to love it lol ......and good under garments LOL

Honestly its only me and hubs who see's it...... no real tips sorry x x x x

Obviously exercise helps tone but all else fails tuck it in LOL x x x

sunnyJ

Thanks guys. I need to up the exercise - correction I need to start to exercise! Lol

Plus I need to drink more water I used to drink loads but I haven't managed much recently!

Other than that good underwear it'll be!! ;-)

Bear

Although a good water intake and exercise will help, I'm afraid if you're gonna get it, you're gonna get it. It's similar to stretch marks - some people do, some people don't. I'm covered in the silvery little brighters. I'm in the over 40 category too.

In total I'm over 8st lighter than my heaviest weight and having gone up and down A LOT over the years, I have more skin than I know what to do with. I strive to have Crystals mindset on not letting it bother me, but it does..... massively.

BUT..... would I rather be edging towards 19st and a size 24 or 10st 11lb and a size 10?? Think you'll know the answer to that. Baggy skin doesn't make me unhealthy and it won't shorten my life - excess weight is unhealthy and will shorten life.

Sorry, that's no help at all, but it is realistic.

Crystalrainbow

I also think its another moving target..... the skin after my wee gain and loss again seems totally different!!!! Of course its not pretty but I try and see it as part of my journey....it is what makes me who I am....... If i'd always been a skinny mini I may not be the person I am today......... and for that I am truly grateful......

Bubbles1971

I watch all these American weight loss shows and even the ones who do lots of exercise also often get skin surgery. Having said that there are millions of imperfect women out there confidently strutting their stuff and not worrying about covering up and hiding their flaws and good on them, I hope to do the same as I'm expecting problems with skin on my stomach but don't think I'd do surgery (but ask me again in a year lol)

Caroline jess

First time round 8 stone loss to a size 8 but I was 23 I held up pretty well this time round another five stone loss and 32 and two kids I have slight wobbly bits everywhere it's not terrible but I still plan to have surgery. Hard facts are you will never look like kelly brook naked but then again not many people do.

Bear

Hard facts are you will never look like kelly brook naked but then again not many people do.

Oh but I do look like Kelly Brooke! I really really do. When I was asleep the other night, I was very clearly Kelly Brooke, out having fun in LA, drinking nutribullet shakes and attending yoga classes, all before I headed down to Malibu to shoot my 2016 calendar! See, it's definitely true!!!! :banana dancer:

Caroline jess

Ha ha sometimes when I look in the mirror I think hell yeah I could compete with Kelly Brook then I take my clothes of and think I'm more in the Kathy Burke range!

sunnyJ

Haha bear that made me chuckle.

I know I am likely to get it and I know that's ok... I'd rather be slim and healthy than fat and unhealthy but u just thought I'd ask the collective wisdom what they thought X

I'd probably have surgery but it won't be for another 5 years unless I win the lottery in the meantime!! ;-) although I'd have to start playing it first ... Hmm 5 yrs it is then!

I have to loose the weight first too !

Until then good underwear it is ;-)

trendywendy

I read on here ages ago when I first started someone bought decleor slim effect and the massage stuff to match, it got good reviews by a few members so I sent for some (found it cheapest on amazon) it's not bad,
but water is best, also cream with collagen will help too