• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

tiredness

wannabeminime

It's a week and a half since I was sleeved, and I have lost 23lb including my pre op. :) I came back from the Czech republic, had a day at home then went to Ireland to start sorting out my deceased dads personal effects. As some of you know it didn't go according to plan, the house had been virtually stripped bare, so we came home early. I know my emotions are all over the place, which will make me feel worse, bit I am very, very tired. I could sleep all day. I am taking a multi vitamin every day, and having a yoghurt drink for breakfast, a slim fast for lunch and dinner, and as much water as I can get down me. Does anyone have any tips for over coming this tiredness?

I cant believe the b***h Did that. You poor thing no wonder you are tires your emotions are everywhere. Plus u Have has major surgery.your body needs rest hune. Dont fight it get lots of rest dont know bout diet sure someone will day soon

Thanks, I am a bit of an emotional wreck at the mo, so that probably accounts for it, I can't wait to get onto sloppies though so I can get a few more calories down me. A week and a half to go on liquids.

REST, REST AND REST is what you need, your body will be absolutely exhausted and your mind will be all over the place without the problems and stress you have had with Ireland on top, its amazing you were able to go to Ireland I wouldnt have thought about going anywhere the ride home from hospital shook all my insides up i took off my clothes put on pj's n went to sleep. You are one amazing lay but you now need to rest and take it easy, I know its easy for us to say and all our circumstances are different, however your body needs to recover sleep as much as you can get freshair when you feel like it. Please be careful xx Take care of yourself xx

Im sure with everything going on, its not surprising you are feeling tired . . .not quite sure what has happened, but am sorry to hear of your loss and what seems to be a difficult time too *hugs* to you!

REST, REST AND REST is what you need, your body will be absolutely exhausted and your mind will be all over the place without the problems and stress you have had with Ireland on top, its amazing you were able to go to Ireland I wouldnt have thought about going anywhere the ride home from hospital shook all my insides up i took off my clothes put on pj's n went to sleep. You are one amazing lay but you now need to rest and take it easy, I know its easy for us to say and all our circumstances are different, however your body needs to recover sleep as much as you can get freshair when you feel like it. Please be careful xx Take care of yourself xx

thanks Chrisa, i am gonna rest as much as possible before returning to work on Thursday, i promise. I hope that will do the trick!xxx

Im sure with everything going on, its not surprising you are feeling tired . . .not quite sure what has happened, but am sorry to hear of your loss and what seems to be a difficult time too *hugs* to you!

Yes its been a nightmare time for me Topcat, thats partly why i wanted the sleeve now, so that it gave me something nice to concentrate on, instead of all the stress concerning my dads estate. xx

Does anyone have any tips for over coming this tiredness?

I don't have any amazing as yet unknown world discoveries (!) ..... only REST, i'm afraid.

You know that after I had my sleeve I went back to full time work 13 days after the op as I didn't want to "let my employer down" ..... (hmmmm :rolleyes: seeing as they announced massive redundancy plan 2 days after I returned to work why did I bother? am thinking if I had "milked" my op recovery to 4 or 6 weeks I might have never been in the redundancy consultation process ..... Hmmmmm :rolleyes:)

ANYWAY, basically I was very very very tired for the first 2 or 3 weeks back at work. The only way I survived those weeks were:

** Did the minimum I had to do whilst at work
** Came home and had "tea" (shake or soup) at 6.30 / 7 pm
** Was in bed by 9 pm most nights
** Spent very little time online during the first two weeks -- was too tired for it

** Let my chores and laundry pile up for two weeks -- you have a BF and 2 teenage girls who can be set to work on those tasks (!) -- I had no one so they just had to wait

I have also been very tired and with nothing like what you have had to deal with. My body clock shattered as well as the operation to get over. I woke up this morning at 7am - went to bathroom and then straight back to bed sleeping until noon. I then got up, had my breakfast, watched an hour of TV and straight back to bed until now. I am still in my nightie but feeling a whole lot better. Rest does appear to be the answer

I have gone through exactly the same thing. But it was my Aunt that took all of my Dad & Granddads stuff. (they died eight months apart)when it should have gone in to the estate. That was two years ago and I am still feeling the after effects. May I ask, Do you feel down too?

I am quite depressed at the moment, yes, but I have been taking Citalopram for a couple of months so it's helping now. Basically since my Dad died I've needed it to keep me on an even keel. It's such an upsetting time.

Hi,
Some people get on with Citralopram, I didn't. It made me feel extremely fatigued, my memory went to pot and I walked around like a complete zombie for months. Problem was those symptoms can all be put down to depression and I had to really fight to get my meds changed. Just wanted to share that just in case that could be the problem for you.

Your tiredness is your bodies coping mechanism especially with you operation. When I am low I always feel tired. More like exhausted. I take the view now that life has the knack of sorting itself out. I so know how you are feeling. I have had a 2 year legal battle with my Aunt and still haven't grieved for Dad & Granddad. Here if you want to talk just message me.x

I couldn't take citralopram, it made me feel ten times worse than I did without it, I take fluoxetine now which is much better.

But as for your tiredness I would say that with all you've had to cope with and your op as well it's no wonder you're so tired!
Take it slowly and easy, delegate chores to the rest of your family and think of just yourself!
((big hugs))
Em xxx

Oh heck, I couldnt even have gone to Ireland that soon after the op let alone having to deal with all the stress along with losing dad. I think you are doing really well.
Yet another one on citalopram here, Ive been on 40mg for over a year now after a nasty case of depression early last year.

On the tiredness front just rest and do as little as possible. When I think back to when I was sleeved it seem to take ages for the tiredness to go - I had 4-5 weeks off work too. Look after yourself xx

Thanks for the support ladies, I certainly feel like I need the tablets at the moment. They keep my mood on an even keel and make me more able to cope with what's going on in my life, not just my dads estate and the looming court case, but being a single mum with 2 kids and a stroppy pre teen, and running my own business. Luckily they don't make me tired, but I think they make me less caring. Things go on around me without me bothering about it, if you see what I mean. I can see me being on them for the foreseeable future.

Gonna stay in bed til lunchtime today :)

I took citalopram when I lost my son and it helped me through a very dark time, I don't think they made me feel tired, just normal and able to cope. But I was very tired after my op and it lasted quite a few weeks so just rest whenever you can ........it will get better when you start eating more substantial food! xx

I took citalopram when I lost my son and it helped me through a very dark time, I don't think they made me feel tired, just normal and able to cope. But I was very tired after my op and it lasted quite a few weeks so just rest whenever you can ........it will get better when you start eating more substantial food! xx

Gosh Claire i am so sorry to hear what you have been through, that must have been a terrible time for you. Like you, the citalopram didnt make me tired (before surgery) so i think they agree with me. They helped me sleep, and stopped the anxiety i was suffering from. It was awful, i have never experienced anything like it. I DO feel they make you less caring though.

Cant wait to be on more substantial food now!! xx

I am now thinking the tiredness is because of the general anaesthetic, and its just a matter of time before i feel better. I obviously overdid it with going to ireland so soon after my op, so its my own fault. I'll get over it though, i have no choice!!

Thanks everyone xxxxxx

Back